Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Nothing about the new iPad really interests me, apart from it being faster.

I would like to see how much faster apps will run, and how much more advanced games will be with the new speed and how much quicker they are in reality.

If it's like 30 frames/sec on iPad2 or 25 frames/sec on iPad1 then it's not worth it.

redsoxfan626

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Nothing about the new iPad really interests me, apart from it being faster.

I would like to see how much faster apps will run, and how much more advanced games will be with the new speed and how much quicker they are in reality.

If it's like 30 frames/sec on iPad2 or 25 frames/sec on iPad1 then it's not worth it.

I agree. I'll use it at the Apple Store a few times before I make a decision, but I doubt I'll upgrade. It looks nice but I'm so happy with my current iPad and I'm more than happy with keeping this one for another year.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
I agree. I'll use it at the Apple Store a few times before I make a decision, but I doubt I'll upgrade. It looks nice but I'm so happy with my current iPad and I'm more than happy with keeping this one for another year.

Yeah I think many of the current iPad 1 owners will be happy to keep the old iPad for a while. On the other hand the new one is fast enough and so much more polished than the other tablets - the new thinner body makes others all look thick and outdated - that it'll probably keep Apple on top of the tablet battle for this year.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
I think it's a nice upgrade but not one that forces me to upgrade right away.

I will check out where iOS5 is heading and then probe what my 64GB G3 is worth on Craigslist. Depending on that I might upgrade because I get new warranty, battery and future proofing. But its nothing urgent. I guess I'll might do it in conjunction with the iPhone 5 upgrade.

tkingart

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2010
West Coast
I'll probably pick up a couple iPad 2's, but honestly I was hoping for a bump in the screen tech. When I look at a retina display, then my iPad display, one just yearns for that "crisp clarity" on the iPad.

As a side note, it's really good to see Steve Job's in good spirit on stage, I hope his health is improving. Steve's enthusiasm and excitement over technology and cool gadgets is very uplifting.

zenio

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
Yeah I think many of the current iPad 1 owners will be happy to keep the old iPad for a while.
You're right some will.

Me? I already sold mine so I'd be ready to buy iPad 2. As a long time Apple enthusiast, I know how much better their second generation products are.

Even though they may not make any really big changes, it's the refinements that are enjoyable and quite noticeable once you're actually using it.

The best aspects of iPad 2 for me is the thinner profile & lighter weight. That will make it much nicer to use. It'll now fit in with my new MBP when I travel.

Overall Apple did a very good job.

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
I have two iPads...neither is going anywhere.

The bump in specs is nice but not worthy of an upgrade. If we ever get a better screen then I will upgrade.

All the best to those who are buying now. Its a a great platform.

flyersgl

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2009
South Jersey, USA
I got the origninal on day 1, only after playing with one that a family member had stood in line for. I love it. Bought a second one for my husband at Christmas. I am still somewhat new to Apple products, only abandoned my PC about 18 months ago. I told a few of my friends recently to wait on the upgrade, and I think the upgrade is wonderful, and was worth waiting for for those on the fence. But I love my iPad, and have no intention of upgrading based on this version. I think my current one will do just fine.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I can afford to upgrade, but I'm perfectly happy with my current iPad. My only wish is that it had a retina display. Once an iPad comes out with a retina display, I'll upgrade.

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I can afford to upgrade, but I'm perfectly happy with my current iPad. My only wish is that it had a retina display. Once an iPad comes out with a retina display, I'll upgrade.

I'm sure you are. And you know what? That's perfectly fine. However, when I read hate filled comments that include adjectives like lame and gay and weak I consider the fact that the person posting said remarks are just upset they cant have one.

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland

Same:) except I cant afford the new iPad. College kid. I still consider myself pretty lucky to have this one. I only know like two other people with iPads.
My girlfriend has been eyeing mine since launch, and shes waited faithfully for the cameras. Shes buying at launch.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
the new one looks great, but so is the old one . .. No rush, but I might consider an upgrade. One problem--I have too much money in cases!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.