Anyone else hope that they keep the 'C' model around?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by virginblue4, Feb 23, 2014.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

While I own a gold 5s, I really do love the design of the 5c. I'll always have the flagship iPhone, so will not be purchasing a 5c or potentially future 'C' models, but I really hope that they do keep it around.

I see way more 5c's than 5s's around. I understand that from reports etc the 5c is selling as well as expected, but I'm sure they are still making a healthy profit on the device.

Anyone else want to see the 'C' model stick around?

I'm hoping this year for a 4" 'C' model with updated internals, and then the 4.7 and maybe larger iPhone 6. I'll be going with the 4.7 model if it materialises.

2. TyShawn macrumors 6502

I hope they keep the concept of the C around, but I'm ok if they discontinue the accual C itself.

3. 617aircav Suspended

Why does it even matter? It will be replaced with something else that's is better, weather it's called a C or not.

4. redkamel macrumors 6502

I hope they keep it. The phone is much more comfortable than the 5s, less prone to scratches AFAIK and most of the cases I like are for the 5c. If it had 5s guts I'd be all over it...maybe next year.

5. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Meh.... I think it was fighting a lost cause from the start.

It was clearly a low budget iPhone, yet had somewhat a premium price tag on it. That's what confused people... Especially comparing it with the 5s.

For the first time I actually seen someone had a 5c and that was two weeks ago, seen plenty of 5s. It's like Apple keeping the iPad 2 around precisely to drive sales for the iPad Air, although the iPad 2 is for educational purposes.. But still consumers obviously went for the iPad Air.

The confusion of is it a low budget phone or premium phone that led the 5c demise, I doubt they keep it.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

If they would also make an all black (and an all white) versions, it would be that much better too.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I also notice this. I see so so many more 5c then 5s's. And because most of them are white and I hate the white one I would say do away with the C for that alone. But it is a good phone. But if apple comes out with 2 iPhones a 4.7 and a 5.5 I don't want to see the C. But if apple comes out with only a 4.7 then MAYBE a C is good. And if apple doesn't come out with the 4.7. Well that's a scary thought. I don't see any room for it.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I see a lot of 5 and 5s models around, but I am starting to see a few more c's.

I think part of the c's real problem are those horrid pastel colors. No one wants to be seen with those things.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I wouldn't say everyone. A lot of people have an iPhone C.
    But for me, I'm not about to sign a $2200 cell phone contract and be stuck with one of those colors for two years. I would only consider the white 5C.

10. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Agreed, I also think that the C is a one year wonder. Poor sales have been well documented. C was a bad idea and apple will drop it.

11. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I think it's good, it's actually a fantastic phone and has given people like me a way into the apple ecosystem. I finally had a way out of the android mess. I simply would not be able to afford the 5s each time upgrade time came if that was the only apple option. Now the 5c give people the chance to start out with apple and in a funky colourful way lol

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Idk of they will keep the actual "C", but they will keep the concept of releasing two "new" phones going.

Myself I just bought an iPhone 5c to have LTE until the 6 comes. I personally think the iphone 5/5s is a god awful ugly design. IMO that design can't die soon enough.

13. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

IMO ever since the 4 iPhones haven't been comfortable to hold naked. The 5c feels much better in the hand than the 5s. I would love for the iPhone 6 to have a more comfortable rounded back.

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. I do not. I hope it dies and that the 4S finally dies too.

No offense to anyone that likes the 5C or has a 5C. Just my opinion. Part of my hate is that Apple discontinued the iPhone 5 (MY iPhone) to create the 5C AND kept the 4S at the same time. Instead of discontinuing the 4S and moving the 5 down.

So, no. Please dissappear 5C.

15. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

But it would be stupid to have the 5, 5c and 5s all at once. So they have the lower model (4s), mid range model (5c) and high end model (5s).

16. eyoungren, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, they could have had the 5S, the 5 and the 4S and I'd have been ok.

But they didn't. They chose to discontinue the 5, put it in a plastic case, call it the 5C and pretend it was a brand new phone. Insult to injury they kept the 4S which is a much older phone than the 5.

I understand the reasoning, I just don't have to like it. My iPhone 5 was made a one year wonder and I don't care for that because the iPhone 4S which is NOT better than the iPhone 5 has had a signifigantly longer life than my one year and gone iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 would have scavenged sales from the 5s (they look too similar) so I get why Apple did this. I just don't like it.

I don't begrudge anyone the 5C or the 4S. They are iPhones and they are good iPhones. I just do not like them myself and that's my reasoning.

But Apple doesn't consult me for the product lineup and Apple does what's best for it's bottom line. So, whatever I believe is irrelevant.

17. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

This I completely agree with. I personally believe Apple should not have marketed the. 5c as "new." See me personally when the iPhone 5 came out I bought it and I had it for about 5 days. After the 5 days I didn't like the design of the phone , but I loved how quick it was, but I took the. 5 back and stayed on my 4s until this launch. At this launch I went to get the 5s, but when I was there I remembered how much I didn't like the 5 (much like you with the 4/4s). Therefore, I got the 5c (a lucky Sprint customer with an unlocked phone). I did remember how fast the 5 was and the 5c is just as fast as it.

My 5c is only to hold me until September when my upgrade actually comes around.

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I hear you!

19. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I like the way the 5c feels in hand a lot better than the 5s. I have a 5s b.c it is better all around, but I wish there was a 5s in the 5c body.

20. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

There may be come September who knows ...

21. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Anyone else hope that they keep the 'C' model around?

I just mean the newest phone in the C body. I wouldn't want a 5s, 5c when the 6 comes out

22. Thecool111 macrumors newbie

5c future

They will probably have this table for 2014
    32-128 gb iphone 6-$199-399
    16gb iphone 5s-$99
    8gb iphone 5c-$0
    All these 2 yr contracts.

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

4S would have been kept around even if there was no 5C (and they would have just kept the 5). Similar to how the 3GS was kept around. So that part of it all wouldn't really be different and isn't really connected to the 5C.

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Have they really been selling worse than the 4S was after the 5 came out?

25. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

I don't know, who said that they really been selling worse than the 4S was after the 5 came out? Are you saying that?