Anyone elses MMS option disappeared in 3.0 GM (O2 UK)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by magga, Jun 11, 2009.

1. magga macrumors regular

Hi,

Has anyone else recently noticed their MMS option has disappeared from "Settings > Messages" and also now there is no camera icon or any other MMS functions on the phone.

It was working for me after initially installing 3.0 GM (even though I couldn't send) but now I don't have the option at all. My housemate also has the same problem - it was working 100% for him (he could even send & receive MMS) but now the options have gone.

We are both on O2 in the UK and have iPhone 3G with 3.0GM installed and hacked O2 5.0 carrier file.

Thanks!

2. Interpolation macrumors regular

Might be a stupid answer but did you look at settings->messages, and see is mms messaging is on.

3. TPMann GB macrumors member

Mine is working fine on 3.0GM with O2 4.0 Carrier file.

4. magga thread starter macrumors regular

Not wanting to be rude, but that's kind of the problem I described, the setting to turn it on/off is no longer there.

5. magga thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder if it's something to do with the 5.0 Carrier file - is there anybody using the 5.0 carrier file who still has the MMS options?

6. TPMann GB macrumors member

That's just the one that came with it, guess it was either installed at same time as 3.0 or when I sent the MMS activation text.

Does the hacked 5.0 carrier file allow tethering?

7. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

What's the difference between a 4.0 carrier file and version 5.0? All working here with version 4.0.

Attached Files:

8. magga thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the hacked carrier file does allow tethering :) And MMS was working up until yesterday...

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

It looks like something to do with the hacked carrier file then.

10. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Where can you get the 5.0 carrier file? Have you tried texting MMS to 1010?

11. magga thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I have, thousands of times! (Didn't even work when the settings were there, but at least the settings were there!)

I have the carrier file if you want it - let me know.

12. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

The easiest way to get MMS sorted is to go to: settings - reset - reset network settings. The phone will restart.

THEN text MMS to 1010 - and all should be fine.

YOU WILL LOSE TETHERING THIS WAY THOUGH!

-L

13. magga thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that already - didn't work!

I didn't lose tethering though.

14. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

How bizarre - I had the same issue and it worked for me...

-L

15. danny_boy macrumors member

I'm running the OS 3.0 GM with the hacked O2 ipcc to enable tethering and MMS. All working for me. Have only be able to use tethering over USB.

BTW how do you actually find out the version of the carrier file you are running?

After I updated to O2 3.0 GM my carrier info changed to: idata.o2.co.uk. The rest username and password is the same as before except for the the additional MMS settings which are:

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8080
    MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200

Danny

16. magga thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Danny,

If you go to Settings > General > About there is a carrier section that tells you the version of the carrier file.

I've just tried entering those settings above manually and MMS options now do appear again! (Strange as they were never entered before and my MMS options appeared fine!)

I've just texted 1010 and they say they are setting it up then I get another text (as I did previously) saying it's not working bla bla bla.

My network settings don't say idata.o2.co.uk, they say wap.o2.co.uk/mobile.o2.co.uk - I can't see how idata.o2.co.uk would work as it actually doesn't even point to an IP address.

host idata.o2.co.uk
    Host idata.o2.co.uk not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

host wap.o2.co.uk
    wap.o2.co.uk has address 82.132.141.8

host mobile.o2.co.uk
    mobile.o2.co.uk is an alias for wap.o2.co.uk.
    wap.o2.co.uk has address 82.132.141.8

Cheers

17. danny_boy macrumors member

Thanks my carrier version is 5. I've changed my settings back to: wap.o2.co.uk/mobile.o2.co.uk which works fine. I also had no problems using idata.o2.co.uk though.

A mate of mine who also updated to the O2 3.0 GM has the idata.o2.co.uk settings as well but he hasn't applied the hacked ipcc. I've asked him to check his carrier version.

Below is the settings I got after running the OS 3.0 GM before applying the hacked o2 ipcc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?

18. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Same as me - not running v5.0 carrier file though. On default v4.0. What changes happen when you change to v5.0? Do you have MMS and tethering working OK for you with v5.0?

19. Interpolation macrumors regular

I had the idata.o2.co.uk originally and it worked. Then it stopped, and I had to go to the mobile.o2.co.uk settings. They work for me. I have mms, although I never got an mms from o2 saying they activated it when I texted 1010.

My wifes is set yo idata and is working and she got a text back from o2.

The only difference for me is that her phone is contract, mine was payandgo, and I have my work sim in it.

But it could be o2 making changes on there network, moving to a new server.

I have the v5 file and can tether via usb, but not bluetooth to my mac.

20. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Does BT tethering not work then?

21. mikey4020 macrumors regular

My MMS is working but my data settings have changed!! I'm still using the 4.0 carrier file!! Should I change the data settings back to what they were?? It does work but I have been noticing pages taking longer to load since I updated to 3.0. Should point out that it doesn't seem to affect the billing (See Below)

Attached Files:

22. magga thread starter macrumors regular

Bluetooth Tethering does work fine yes.

It didn't work with my iMac until I updated to 3.0 GM though.

23. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

MMS was also not working for me, so i decided to text 1010 and got a text back saying it they couldn't set MMS up.

i checked my APN settings, and the MMS was nothing there.. tried the mobile.o2.co.uk/vertigo, rebooted phone, still nothing.. changed the mobile.o2 to wap.o2.co.uk and rebooted then it worked.
    even got a mms from o2 saying thanks for settings up mms with a picture!! lol

now the question is tethering... my tethering option has disappeared from the phone!!!

how the heck do i get it back???

btw, my carrier settings are 4.0

24. Interpolation macrumors regular

Yes it works for usb. Cannot get it to work for bluetooth. Seems my mac can see the iphone, but cannot connect to it properly.

25. Interpolation macrumors regular

how did you get the bluetoth tethering to work on your imac.

I tried on my mac pro, they both see each other, but the mac pro says not connected, and have a little red dot.