Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pffulton

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
My new 6S Plus is completely dead out of the box. I have it plugged in trying to charge it, hoping the battery is just dead, but it is not looking good.

Yeah, Verizon sent me a beautiful, state of the art brick.

Iphone 6s Plus, 64G, Space Gray, will not turn on, charge, etc., right out of the box.

Dead on arrival.

Replacement order delivery date: 10/12/15

ugh.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I have a nick on the aluminum, went to the Apple Store for an exchange but they were sold out. They told me to come back Monday morning when they have more in stock.

Mango Juice

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
I have what looks like a paint chip or air bubble (depends on the angle) on the lower right edge of the front of the 6S silver.

chombiekay

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
i have a factory defect, the speaker distorts a tiny bit.

it's most evident when i send a text or iMessage. the send sound has a distort. especially at max volume.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I'm on my 7th iPhone 6 in a year because of various defects. But my main concern is the display. All of them I've had and seen out in public have had some part of the screen that was darker than the other or had a yellow tinge. And the color temperature would shift from a yellowish to a cool blue left to right. Whoever Apple had making the displays really did a poor job and most people don't notice these things. It's really distracting when reading black text on a white background. In fact just using this very forum I see it and it drives me nuts. I'm curious to see if the iPhone 6S screens are of better quality and better backlight/color temp uniformity. Please report back!

Would have hoped Apple would have cut you off by now. You're too critical. I have never returned a single phone (since ip1) for any reason.

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
My home button is raised a few micrometers more than it should be. It's all scratchy as I put my finger on it. I think I might exchange it when I get a chance.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Would have hoped Apple would have cut you off by now. You're too critical. I have never returned a single phone (since ip1) for any reason.
I've had the 4 and 5 and they were fine. I never had to return a phone for problems till the 6. I'm not sure if I'm being too critical. I've thought about this myself too of course. But when they are advertising the new bigger displays and how crisp and beautiful they are I think I should be able to enjoy that without having big dark blotches or corners or a yellow pee stain tinge running though half of the screen distracting me with just about everything I use my phone for. So far I haven't.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
There are two small dust specks under the screen of my 6s Plus. In the past I'd be extremely irritated, but I've just come to expect this kind of thing now. I'm okay with it because I know that most people aren't as picky as I am, and I'll get a replacement from Apple with no hassle. I'll probably wait a couple weeks.

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
yay...it's iphone day!!! Time for us ocd people to flip out over our phones. I've had every iphone ever released and have always had to do at least one return, with the 5S I had to do like several because of severe scratches on the aluminum and chamfered sides.

My Space Gray 128gb 6s plus had a teeny tiny dead pixel out of the box today in the right hand corner that honestly only I would notice. I took one look at it and opened up the package of anti glare screen protectors I bought at apple this morning and threw one right on and called it a day.

Honestly I did the Apple upgrade program and IMO the phone is just being rented of some sorts until the 7 comes out and I trade it in, I'm actually truly tired of the whole return this and that trying to get the perfect device. To each his own though, in the past I would have boxed it right up and drove them nuts opening up multiple boxes in order to find the perfect phone. These days I'm just a little tired of the return game I guess, but thats just my take, it's really something I'd rather enjoy than obsess over.

Reactions: Goatllama

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I'm pretty crazy about how much I inspect these things and received two horrible iPhone 6 Replacements for warranty this summer.

I think my 6S Plus is close to being just as you would expect it to be. Those refurbished replacements must be much higher chances of being bad.

This phone is big. Have to get used to that, and I hope with the size, I hope can keep it perfect, fingers crossed.

I hope I won't find something wrong later and regret posting this, but I might have lucked out. I'm not the biggest screen geek, but it hasn't put me off yet without doing any testing or side by side with my old regular 6.

Daku93

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2010
I'm pretty crazy about how much I inspect these things and received two horrible iPhone 6 Replacements for warranty this summer.

I think my 6S Plus is close to being just as you would expect it to be. Those refurbished replacements must be much higher chances of being bad.

Yeah, the refurbished 6's are terrible. All I received either had a terrible screen or other external problems (black spots (leftover glue?) on top of the glass, mushy home buttons, really noisy vibration etc.) (At least the ones from this summer, the one I received in November due to crescent'gate' was fine, until the foam started moving over the camera again...) That's actually the reason why I decided to sell the last, fairly decent one I got and buy a new 6s.

Reactions: powerbook911

Silver Idaten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2015
Stratford, CT
I have dust under the camera of my 6S Plus. I'm taking it in to the Genius Bar on Sunday, and hopefully they'll crack it open and clean it out rather than swap the phone because I'm REALLY not up to playing the exchange game.

I guess if I have to exchange it, I'll try and get the AT&T model at least. I will never have AT&T so I really don't give a crap about Band 30 anymore. Isn't the entire world getting 1687/1688 anyway?

Anyway yeah, I hope they just clean the camera.

shansoft

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2011
I have dust underneath the screen..... :(

My iPhone 6 was already swap for 6 times since I got it, which is ridiculously stupid.
Went from dead pixels, awful backlight bleed, DOA, to malfunction home button....

I have got every single every version of iPhone, 6 is probably the most problematic for me so far...

mabeyman

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
IMG_0451.JPG
I have a very small scuff in the anodized aluminum coating? on the back to the right of the flash. It doesn't show up super well in the picture.

LondonGooner

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Nothing I have noticed so far. My 5S would not recognise any Sim Cards and I had to wait almost a month for a new one, which was really annoying. Apple gave me a pitiful £30 refund for my troubles (which included spending hours on the phone trying to convince them it was not being an idiot, despite my purchase history showing I've owned every single iPhone)

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I'll just post here instead of making a new thread because the forums are probably going to blow up later today. I took a quick look at the phone when I opened the box and noticed this pry mark near the charging port. And the aluminum is bent. It's hard to get a good photo of it. Chances of them replacing it with one that isn't like this? I've never had to take one back because they are usually good.
12039327_1652405428369400_2205767130519760669_n.jpg

11145079_1652405461702730_7663164459152079530_n.jpg

12009824_1652405478369395_1561922558389254348_n.jpg
I'd take that back for sure. Who knows if later on it would be considered "abuse" damage should something else go wrong with it that would be covered by warranty. In fact I wouldn't even finish taking off the protective plastic.

Reactions: Artimus12

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
thought mine had a major ding and some scratches. wouldn't rub off at first. turns out it was glue. phew. will check the screen closer in a bit when I get a chance to use it more. body seems fine.

Gdwheel

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah, Verizon sent me a beautiful, state of the art brick.

Iphone 6s Plus, 64G, Space Gray, will not turn on, charge, etc., right out of the box.

Dead on arrival.

Replacement order delivery date: 10/12/15

ugh.
Mine came directly from Apple. Completely dead. Had to send it back. They will not send another until they receive it, so I am looking at a week or so. Supposedly they will send the new one "express" when they receive mine. We will see. Very frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.