Anyone got a Series 3 working with EE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by retrospek, Sep 22, 2017.

1. retrospek macrumors 6502a

retrospek

I purchased my Apple Watch directly from Apple. It arrived just now and I've tried to set-up the Cellular connection with EE. But it says 'This account is not ready to use with Apple Watch'..

Has anyone got a watch (purchased thru Apple) to work with EE yet ?

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

My Series 3 hasn’t been delivered yet, but I was just assuming I’d be able to use the instructions here:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefi...-ons/apple-watch-series-3-ee-set-up-and-plans

It says it takes a while to activate. I guess you’ve already tried this, though!

3. Peterpandy macrumors member

Peterpandy

I just received mines from Apple about 20 mins ago, on setting up it took me to an EE page on my phone where I signed in & it I was able to add the free for 6months no problems

4. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502a

retrospek

5. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Can you pair more than one Apple Watch series 3 to the same ee phone?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    What plan are you on with Ee? When my brother rang them they told him he needed to be on an EE MAX plan which they upgraded him to for free

6. f1restarter macrumors regular

I'm on EE and my Apple Watch wasn't connecting either so called EE and they did some checks and asked me to restart the watch but still no go. They can't figure it out either and said they are working on a fix from Apple as lot of EE customers are having issues. They did not have any problem with what type of contract I had with EE as I'm on a monthly 20GB for £21 plan.

7. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

8. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Guess the one upside of ordering a watch that won't arrive for three weeks yet is you folks get to iron out the wrinkles... :/

9. abdulkar.im macrumors 6502a

abdulkar.im

Mine is due 25/10, so by the time I get mine everything will be super smooth!

10. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

My ceramic has just change to preparing for dispatch so will be delivered Mon-Wed. Will set it up wth lte then....fingers crossed.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    having read the EE forums, this is really bad. I cannot believe that EE and Apple didn't do some user acceptance testing before today. Apple should have made sure that EE had everything ready to go

11. dallardice macrumors regular

Not helpful to anyone having problems, but everything worked fine for me this afternoon. Signed up for the EE plan as part of the initial watch setup. I didn't get any message when the connection was actually activated, but I went out about an hour later, turned off my iPhone and was able to send an iMessage and make a phone call (in the middle of a park so no wifi).

'My EE' shows a second device with a different phone number on the Smart Watch plan. The Cellular Data page on the Watch app shows the EE plan and the amount of data used.

Hope those of you having problems get them sorted soon. I'm on a 12-month SIM only plan that I've been on for about a year.

12. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Nice one. My watch is on its way and will be with me on Monday. I hope i have the same success as you. The EE forums are full of complaints so i am not sure why so many are having issues if yours is working. Did you get your watch and phone via EE. EE are saying that its watches and phones purchased from other sources that is the reason for the problems

13. dallardice macrumors regular

No, both my watch and phone were purchased directly from Apple. I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus.

14. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

OK well thats something. There are a lot of upset people on the EE forums.
    How come you have a separate number for the watch. The plan is to supposed link the same number

15. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Successful users: when you reach the plan screen, what did you see? For me the list of available plans is blank.

16. dallardice macrumors regular

This number only shows in 'My EE'. When I call from the watch, my iPhone number is shown. So I imagine that the number on the website is the 'internal' number for the eSIM.

17. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

So can i ask what steps you took from start to finish to get things going. It might help a lot of others
    I guess you paired the watch first and then used MYEE on the phone?

18. dallardice macrumors regular

I saw one plan, which stated that it was free for six months, then £5/month, and it stated the 30 days notice. On 'My EE' on the website, the plan is described as "EE Smart Watch 30d £5"

19. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Some guy says that the issue is the use data toggle in group device settings is off and cannot be turned on.

20. dallardice macrumors regular

I was restoring from an existing Watch backup and went entirely through the Apple process.

After pairing the Watch, there are a series of steps to go through before the Watch starts restoring from backup. I can't remember them all, but they are things like setting the passcode. One of those steps for me was "Set up Cellular Data". Clicking to say that I wanted to do that now took me into the a bit of the mobile EE website (still within the Apple Watch setup frame) to select the plan. I clicked on it to accept the plan and got the message about the 30 minutes to activate. A few more questions and it started the restore from the backup (the clock face). As I said, I didn't get a message (which I expected) telling me when the activation had happened. But, as far as I can see, I followed exactly how Apple said it should work.

I hadn't seen this thread before activating; if I had, I'd have paid more attention!

21. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502a

retrospek

I'm getting no where with my issues. All I get in the Apple Watch app is 'This Account is not ready to use with Apple Watch'.. And I cannot do anything else.

Got to say I'm becoming really annoyed with EE and potentially Apple for such a crap launch..

22. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Me too. Has totally ruined the launch for me with no prospect of a resolution. I only moved to EE for this. Looking to cancel now.

23. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502a

retrospek

Yeah I only moved to EE a few days ago as well - because they were the 'Launch Partner' of the new Apple Watch.. What a mess this is - and I have no idea when it will be resolved.

24. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

you been on the EE forums? don't think customer service over the phone isn't that great