Anyone got a Series 3 working with EE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by retrospek, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

The EE forums are mentioning that the 'activation server' has apparently been down since 1PM today.

2. dubnde macrumors regular

Still saying activating for me nearly 24 hours later. Time to give them a call

3. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I set mine up earlier today, all seems to be ok but not had chance to test if it's working or not yet! Does anyone know if you have to swap your AW for a new one do you have to activate the EE plan all over again?

4. dannymcg macrumors member

So, not going that well here. Setup the watch yesterday evening, let me select the plan and I can see that’s now on my EE account. The watch and iPhone think I don’t have a plan. Call to EE this afternoon, first tried the un-pairing then re-pairing, no difference. Now being given 031 error code. Have just spoken to EE again who have taken IMEI and EID and have said someone will get it sorted their end but can’t give a timescale. Anyone been through this, if so how long did it take to fix it?

5. dubnde macrumors regular

6. ascender macrumors 68000

Mine is working just fine now after that initial period where it took ages to register.

7. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Just so others know, I did swap my watch and I had to phone EE to change something on their end so I could use the data plan for the new watch. Took about a 30 minute phone call but all up and running again.

8. chillip macrumors 6502

How long does it take to switch to LTE when watch loses phone or wifi connections?

9. mzanker macrumors regular

I find that it can be anything from 3 or 4 seconds to 30 seconds. It appears to be a little quicker with 4.1b1.

10. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Just left the house without my phone for the first time :)
    Got in the car, realised my phone was still on charge, realised I had LTE Watch and thought - let’s try out the independency!

Watch took maybe 30 seconds to connect, and dropped signal a few times whilst I was in the local shop. So not yet a flawless solution to personal communication, but probably good enough that if a person needed to call you and couldn’t get you straight away they would get you pretty quickly if they kept trying. I get 2-3 boards of 4G regularly at home, and the Watch was picking up 1-2 dots of signal so comparable.

11. chillip macrumors 6502

Since we get 6 months free with unlimited data and then £5 a month for 10gb, will that data be added to the phone contract or just purely for th watch?

12. mzanker macrumors regular

It's purely for the watch.

13. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Interestingly, my watch add-on doesn’t appear against my account in the EE app. Can other people see it there?

14. mzanker macrumors regular

It's not an add-on - it's a separate line with its own plan. Tap the hamburger button, then it should say "Currently Viewing" for your phone plan. Tap on that and you should be able to select the watch's plan.

15. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

It will show as a random mobile number on your EE account, when you click it it says something like "this is your data plan for apple watch".

Tried mine briefly this morning, sent a text using siri while my phone was at home, worked as expected. Not sure how useful it will be so may cancel when the 6 months free ends.

16. dubnde macrumors regular

Finally got mine connected with EE via level 2 tech support.

17. dannymcg macrumors member

18. FlexPen76 macrumors regular

Where are you folks seeing ‘activating’? I’m wondering if mine is still waiting...Too long a story to tell, but originally my watch worked painlessly after receiving on the 22nd. I had to unpair it on the 30th and since then I’ve been getting 019 errors and contacting EE to have them clear it only for the watch to seem to connect on full bars for a few seconds, then drop to one dot then disconnect after 10 seconds. It’s repeatable and Apple have checked my watch and found no fault. Mobile plan shows as EE but never connects. Other than phoning EE who say nothing is wrong their side, any one else had this and if so how was it fixed?

19. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Is the Apple update for the watch said to be fixing these cellular issues...that’s what they are saying anyway

20. BatdanReturns macrumors newbie

Im getting the issue that a few of you guys seem to be where cellular activates, then a couple of seconds later drops to 1 dot of signal, then drops completely and never returns. I didn't have any issues activating it on set up and everything looks OK, it just doesn't work.

I think i'll call EE but just wondered if anyone had the issue and managed to fix it.

21. Nell macrumors regular

My number ported across to EE today so I set up cellular on my watch. Thankfully it was all very quick and easy.

Where do I see the dots showing signal strength though? (Pretty sure this is me being dim, sorry!)

22. mzanker macrumors regular

Swipe up to show the Control Centre and it shows the dots at the top left if your watch is using LTE rather than BT or WiFi. You can also use the Explorer watch face to display the dots.

Hopefully at some point it will be available as a complication.

23. Nell macrumors regular

Thanks! I really was being dim; the control centre hadn’t occurred to me at all!

24. mariana888 macrumors regular

mariana888

So. This is the problem I seem to have:

I can see my watch has mobile data connectivity. It shows on the phone.

I go to check it out and the best thing for me is to switch the phone off.

1. I can make calls without issue
    2. I can use SIRI
    3. I cannot send text messages.

I spoke to EE, they checked it all out, apparently unassigned and reassigned the e-SIM, still same issue.
    I then went to apple store, I showed them I can call and use Siri, no messages (it goes “sending...” and he bar never finishes sending).
    They ended up changing my watch, for it to still do the same thing.
    There was a guy at the store that also had the same issue.

I don’t know what else to try.
    Anybody had the same?

25. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Is your iPhone on while you are trying to send / receive SMS or MMS Txt messages? Apple states that your iPhone must be on and connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular.

Dave