Anyone got a Series 3 working with EE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by retrospek, Sep 22, 2017.

1. NickYanakiev macrumors member

Weird. Went through two SB SS 42mm on EE- no issues at all! What was their response like?

2. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

So each Watch needs it’s own plan. That seems unreasonable since you literally can’t use them both at the same time!

I guess it’s an artefact of how lines work in general, but even so...

3. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Yes, but honestly I think the price is very reasonable, and with six months free, we have the best price in the world (though we pay for it through setup issues! :D). If you can afford two Apple Watches you shouldn't be complaining at an extra fiver a month.

Anyway, EE emailed me back, and after a quick call to 150 I have my second Watch up and running with data. I had the same errors (007, 008, and 012) as previously which is why I had to call - so that hasn't been fixed yet. But the response to it has and they know what they're doing now.

I'll be going out in a moment to check if it is working.

4. slayer1551 macrumors member

slayer1551

Well finally got it working and it seems to have a stable connection. To begin with they reset the something on their backend and was told to add the plan which worked but it still wouldn't connect, so I was told to re-pair the watch again and remove the plan. This caused the error 019 again and they reset it again on their system and it finally connected!

Don' t give up if you have issues just keep calling EE and they should be able to get it sorted.

5. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

IMG_0090.PNG

'Ello, 'ello... :eek:

Interestingly, I have Wi-Fi calling turned off on my phone too.

6. cvdb1969 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this was addressed already somewhere else, but if I register my watch now with EE, will be process of moving to a new iPhone a hassle (ie I have to get in touch with EE directly for them to change things at their end)? I have a 6+ now, but will move to the X or 8+ in November. I would think it should be a straightforward process, but given that the watch is new, I am not sure...

7. mzanker macrumors regular

Mine says the same thing :)

8. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Worst case scenario you'll have to call EE and get them to do it on their end again.

The good news is that process seems to be far quicker now, at least based on my experience today vs. last week.

However I can imagine there being a surge of requests once the X is out so probably best to get in there first.

It is still a while away though so hopefully EE will get their systems working properly by then, though I'm not holding my breath.

9. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

I suspect it might depend on whether you go with a new SIM or not? If you just move your existing SIM to a new phone than the eSIM will still be working against the same physical SIM?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017 ---
    My Watch says Network Not Available, even though I have 2-bars of 4G at home. Should I be concerned?

10. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I heard that a major factor in error 012 was that the IMEI of the phone wasn't updating (and in some cases hadn't updated for more than a year) so I guess getting an iPhone X will present an issue if that isn't fixed. I hope not though.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017 ---
    Is your phone switched on? If it is then there is no issue. It will only say anything if the Watch is actively using cellular (or in the case of my screenshot, making a Wi-Fi call).

11. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Tried turning the phone off. At that point, calls instantly fail on the watch (phoning a landline, if that makes a difference). I’m at home so the watch is connected to my WiFi.

With the phone on, the watch will make a call but seems to just be bridging via my actual phone. Is the best test to walk down the road sans iPhone and try to make a call once I am outside of WiFi range?

12. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

The handoff is buggy at best and I'm sure will get better with an update. Right now if you turn your phone off and try to make a call on the Watch while it is connected to Wi-Fi it will frantically try to start up cellular, to arrange a connection to EE and then get the call going over Wi-Fi, and then power down the cellular again.

This results in some failed calls if the cellular takes too long to power up.

It is a weird implementation that can only be to try to use as little power as possible and is probably a unique problem because we don't have iCloud device calling like they do in the States.

So if you give it more time it should work. If you go for a walk it will definitely work because it will give up this Wi-Fi trickery and just go pure cellular.

13. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Just given that another try with the phone off and it worked this time :)
    I’ll do the walk-test, too.

14. ujjbd16 macrumors newbie

Got my plan set up yesterday on the phone. But had real difficulties with the watch. Several calls to EE and a couple to Apple. Resolved by tier 2 EE tech late in the afternoon.

15. nortonandreev macrumors 6502

nortonandreev

I received an email from Technical Support Lever 2, stating that they don't have the training to deal with the issue. They have been fooling me around for several days. Each time, when I try to call them, they just say they will call me later and, in fact, they never did.

16. Lexical macrumors regular

Picked up my watch at lunchtime today activated it with EE and worked instantly. Had no problems so far all very smooth!

17. ascender macrumors 68000

Setting things up on the phone was seamless, but when out without my phone for the first time tonight, it took about 20 minutes to register on cellular. Is that normal?

Will try again tomorrow.

Was a bit strange not having my phone, but was quite nice actually.

18. dannymcg macrumors member

My Nike+ series 3 is arriving this afternoon. Really hoping for a smooth setup with EE

19. sadsack macrumors member

Glad you managed to get your setup, I am one of many who have moved to EE and EE does not know how to fix this new number issues with Apple watches. Some people have been waiting for two weeks for help. Staff have been good, but then do not know when there will be a fix :-(

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple...oesn-t-work/m-p/616048/highlight/false#M62880

20. fezzzer macrumors member

I received my Nike+ series 3 LTE today. I've been an EE customer for a good few years with an EE max plan, but encountered Error 007 (my account wasn't eligible for an additional line). I tried the online chat who couldn't help, but recommended I called 150. I called EE and within 2 minutes of speaking to the representative, I was able to follow the process on the watch and within 15 minutes the line was active.

21. ascender macrumors 68000

How quickly should the watch pick up an LTE connection (assuming there's a decent signal) from the time your phone goes off or you walk away from it?

22. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

I have two, they both took up to a minute on watchOS 4 and now about 15-30 seconds under watchOS 4.0.1. It can vary though.

23. dannymcg macrumors member

So setting up then plan with EE went straight through without any errors. 1hr30mins later still waiting for a connection to the network. How long did it take for those who have had success?

24. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

The battery on my phone ran dead and 30 seconds later, LTE activated on my watch with maximum bars so it works well

25. dubnde macrumors regular

Mine been saying "Activating" for more than two hours now. How long before it moves from "Activating" or before it displays an error?