Anyone got the 2010 Mac Pro in UK?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by geenome, Aug 26, 2010.

1. geenome macrumors newbie

Ordered the basic version on sunday 22/08/10, estimated delivery 07/09/10, although item has been shipped and on it's way to final destination.

2. asnozz macrumors member

asnozz

How long did it list your system as 'Prepared for Shipment' on the order status page (for some reason this status only appears on the US order page). I ordered on the 23rd and have been waiting for it to ship for a few days. Mine also has a delivery date of the 7th in the UK, hoping to get it earlier...

3. stujmac26 macrumors regular

Ordered my hexacore on Friday 20th and have the same delivery status and estimated delivery date as you.

Quick tip if you don't know already, go into the US version of the Apple store (not UK), lookup the status of your order and it will show tracking numbers, one of which (for the Mac Pro itself) starts with HKG. This is a Kuehne + Nagel tracking ref. If you paste it into this website http://www.kn-portal.com/ on the right hand side and select H/AWB number, you can track the flight your MP will be on from Hong Kong to (probably) Luxembourg, under 'Route Map'.

Eventually our UK apple order status should be updated with final carrier info, i.e. TNT or UPS, from Luxembourg to you in the UK.

4. stujmac26 macrumors regular

To expand on this, here's what mine says for the Route Map:

Code Process Original Route Map Location Status
    PUP Pick up 25 Aug 2010 14:00
    REW Arrival at KN origin 26 Aug 2010 02:00
    DEH Departure to airline 26 Aug 2010 23:49
    RCS Check in at carrier origin 27 Aug 2010 01:25 Hong Kong
    DEP Departure 27 Aug 2010 06:25 Hong Kong
    RCF Checked in at carrier destination 27 Aug 2010 23:40 Luxembourg
    NFD Arrival notification by carrier 28 Aug 2010 03:40 Luxembourg
    AWD Docs (or efile) available at Dest. 30 Aug 2010 10:30
    ATB Shipment advice 3rd party 30 Aug 2010 16:30
    DTB Docs release/hand over to 3rd party 31 Aug 2010 08:00

so looks like will arrive in Lux late tomorrow, but not move on until after the long weekend

5. geenome thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried to track it with Kuehne + Nagel, this is what they have so far

Shipment Booked by Supplier 23 Jul 2010 09:14
    Route Map Received 26 Aug 201016:40

The order went from preparing to ship to shipped yesterday 25/08/10.

Applecare began on 24/08/10 seems a bit unfair.

6. geenome thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like our macs will be on the same plane.

7. geenome thread starter macrumors newbie

Just found my copy exactly the same we'll have the first shipment by the looks of things then, how exciting.:)

8. stujmac26 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure some people who ordered when it was first announced have theirs in the UK already, but we'll still be amongst the first!

Let's hope for a smooth flight over for both our machines!!

9. geenome thread starter macrumors newbie

Fingers crossed.:)

10. Deepshade macrumors regular

Ordered via UK reseller Aug 13th

Told Tuesday it was still in the factory and could be another 7-10 days!
    Its two weeks since I ordered it (tomorrow)

Thats really taking the ****

Nice one Apple! :eek:

11. Akira2019 macrumors newbie

mac pro stock

I went to covent garden apple store yesterday and they have 4-12 core mac pros in stock to take away :))

12. asnozz macrumors member

asnozz

Mine just got shipped!! :D

Online says an expected delivery date of the 2nd, while the email said on or before the 8th. :)

13. glassbathroom macrumors 6502

I'm on this plane too. I ordered on the 14th. :)

14. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

Did they have lots of stock, differing configurations? They've escallated mine, they don't know why it wasn't shipped yesterday and they don't know where it is coming from!??

Might take a punt and wonder over there!!

15. mattmower macrumors member

mattmower

I bought mine via Andertons Music rather than Apple. One downside is that, since they get it via the Apple distributor network it seems that there's no way to get a tracking code.

I've no idea where mine (ordered Monday) is or when it might arrive :(

Matt

16. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

did they have any 6 core ones?

17. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

Can you categorically say that they had 12Cores in stock??

I was going to call Covent Garden then thought I'd just try calling my local Apple Store in Kingston if they had any and some girl said yes, come in and we can configure to your requirements. So I drove in, and did they have s**t! So I drove back to my local train station, bought a ticket into town and while I was waiting for the train, I called Covent Garden, and they said they haven't got any stock of 12 Cores.

I'm just very deflated now. My two week plus wait, and they don't know what is happening to it!! And they have the audacity to offer 5 to 7 day shipping on it now!! FFS Apple!!

18. mattmower macrumors member

mattmower

My understanding is that the date quoted is "shipping from distribution" i.e. it's 5-7 days if they have it in the UK distribution channel.

If it's a BTO then it's 5-7 from whenever the container docks.

Matt

19. Deepshade macrumors regular

Mine has always been - shipping = delivery

If I tell a client we will ship print to them in 7 days from order - that doesn't mean when we've finished printing the job it will take 7 days - it means 7 days from taking the order.

Apple were far behind on delivering the MacPro Update and didn't want to look bad by saying deliveries will start (for most people) sometime in September - Hence the taking orders in Aug BS.

Poor service to their dealers and being told I should cancel and order direct does absolutely nothing for customers service, credibility or reputation. Pretty obvious Apple don't really give a fig.

20. gmackay1903 macrumors newbie

gmackay1903

Got my six core on Monday - delivery to North Scotland

21. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

Good for you!! Now how did you, they, manage to get it to you withing two weeks of ordering it without having the two weeks, it will ship, plus then another xx days!!

We want to learn you trick!! :p

22. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

Mine Just Arrived!!!

I'm typing from my new 2.4 octacore.

I got the standard config, only upgrades were a magic trackpad and wireless keyboard.

This mac pro is a warranty replacement for a 2008 that broke 5 times, I put in the request for a new one on the 12/08, I had heard nothing from Applecare until Tuesday, I called and they said it could be up to a month.

However I wrote them a strong email (it's a work machine and I've lost more than the new mac costs in work) and suddenly they had one to ship out to me!

UPS reported that the product started shipping from Ireland (where applecare is) so I guess it went a different shipping route than retail delivery.

Can't be more pleased! (Kinda wanted the hexacore, but couldn't afford the price difference)

Also 2008 HD sleds WON'T work in the new Mac, just to let you know!

Ps. Mine was classified as a BTO, if that makes any difference.

23. englishman macrumors 6502a

englishman

Already had 6 sold on UK Ebay, but some neg feedback.

24. Akira2019 macrumors newbie

Yes they have stock

Hi Digital VT I went in on Wednesday and they said they had 12 cores and that was 100% he said they have a few in stock but they haven't yet put a display model out. Not 100% about 6 cores but he said all 2010 mac pros had just come in. I went in to get a 4870 for my 06 mac pro as I got tired of waiting for the 5870. Also from personal experience don't trust the woman on the phone when you ring she can't even be bothered to check stock (but said they had the 5870 in stock which they didnt) best to speak to someone in person and ask them to verify they have stock think it's kept underground.

25. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

Hi, thanks Akira, Sure, I did call Covent garden whilst I was waiting for my train and they didn't have any 12 Core Ma Pro's, I insisted this time for him to verify that and he did, so I had to get my train ticket re-imbursed!! lol!!

When I got home I called Regent Street store just in case, again this bloke wasn't sure at first, then he eventually checked with someone who knew and they did have the 12 Core in stock but only the standard configuration, ie 2.66Ghz processor, so wasn't for me.

So have been on the phone earlier this afternoon to Apple again and they were trying to check what was going on and they did note that there was an escalation 2 hours prior, they did say that it would ship the following day, ie Friday, I did also wanted to see if I could alter the config slightly, ie get a 5870 instead of the 5770 as of course they are scarce and downgrade my Ram, and he said he would get back to me, so far nothing! So we'll see what tomorrow brings. Just very frustrating! And I don't know how Apple can advertise now 5 to 7 days when some people are still without two and a half weeks later!! Just greedy management!!