Anyone have the SAME iPhone from the day you bought it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wfiphone, Apr 29, 2009.

1. wfiphone macrumors member

It just seems like the fashion is to get a replacement from the Apple store and that all the cool kids are doing it.

I can just see some you like "My iPhone doesn't taste right when I lick it." *hops into car and races down to Apple store*

2. John89 macrumors regular

I still have mine. 10ish months now.

3. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I still have mine.. Got it the week after the 3G came out.. ;)

James

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes. I have had exactly 1 iPhone. It's almost 9 months old now.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yes (3G launch day), though I went through 5 2G's.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Probably millions of people.

Otherwise, Apple would have been losing a LOT of money having to refurbish all the phones they get back.

7. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I have one that I got about a week after they first came out. I'm talking the original iphone, not 3g.

8. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I still have the same iPhone 3G that i bought in August, nothing really wrong with mine :)

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i still have my first gen iphone from 17 month ago. battery life is still good, no hardware problems.

the hardware is great, the software works mostly great but sometimes slow or buggy (not hacked, no jailbreak), mobile me sucks.

10. actorkid macrumors 6502

i still use my first 2g from december 2007...over 16 months old

11. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

I am on my second 3g, only because my first started to develop dead pixels all over. My replacement is working like a charm. (knock on wood)

12. wfiphone thread starter macrumors member

Good to hear. On these forums all you hear is nightmare stories from dead pixels to coffee spills and so on. Was wondering if anyone was left lol.

13. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Still have my original 3G as well from launch week. :)

14. duncanapple macrumors 6502

2 things you have to remember...

#1 The thing about this board (or any internet forum) is it contains fanatics (I dont ness mean that in a bad way) so they/we tend to be pickier than the general population.

#2 Most people typically wont post to say "nothing is wrong and 'X' product has met my expectations" - even when you start a post asking as such, and even when this is posted on a site full of fanatics :)

Having said all that - I am still using the first phone I bought - a 2G that I think I got in Sept or Oct of 2007... just shortly after the price drop whenever that was? Knock on wood it has been flawless. I really hope they go back to aluminum backs on the next iphone... my nearly 2 year old phone looks newer than my moms 3G she got a couple weeks after release day.

15. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I still have my original first gen iPhone. It looks and runs great and the battery lasts nearly three days with my normal usage.

16. Naked Snake macrumors member

Yup, another survivor here. I've had the 3g since it came out and its been fine with me. Everything good so far. Never had any major issues. Peace

17. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Also remember that people who have problems with their phones are likely to be much more vocal/whiny than those who have perfectly working devices.

18. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I agree with that. The number of iPhones that actually do have problems is way way less than the ones that don't. It just seems like more when people post an issue they have with their iPhone.

With that said, I've had one replacement iPhone since I got the 3G last July. It was for cracks. This one is going to be replaced too because of cracks and dust under the screen. I'm gonna wait until this summer when I get the new iPhone so that way I'll have a brand new iPhone 3G replacement to unlock and sell on eBay. :D

19. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

I have the same iPhone. I got it last December.

20. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

I still have mine from launch day (6/2007) and have had no issues.

21. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Ditto.
    No problems at all. But it is showing signs of being well loved. :D

22. matttye macrumors 601

Wow... I didn't realise I'd had my iPhone since 24/11/07! But yeah, I'm still on the same iPhone after about a year and a half :)

23. jjprusk macrumors member

Anyone have the SAME iPhone from the day you bought it?

I purchased two 2G iPhones @ launch and passed them down to my family when the 3G was launched - both were original and still working well. Then I purchased 2 3G iPhones @ their launch and they are both still working and we are using them daily. None of them has ever been "jail broken", but always upgraded to the latest software when available. Obviously, there have been issues with the various releases, but overall I'd have to say that for our use (both personal and business) they are far superior to everything else I've used (Treo 600, 650, several WinMobile phones, and 2 Blackberries). On any particular feature (with the exception of multi-media and web access) the other phones may be superior, but overall I've not found any other phones that even come close.

24. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I bought my 1st Gen iPhone UK launch day 2007…

No problems — although I'll probably upgrade if a new one is released later this year.

25. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

I've had my 16GB iPhone for a year now. Still satisfied :D