Anyone here buying a Pre?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by =MuLti-CeLL=, May 19, 2009.

?

Buying a Pre?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

203 vote(s)
    73.6%
  3. I don't know yet.

56 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

2. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

Hmm, a poll about a Palm phone on an Apple board, wonder which direction this poll is gonna go.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Knowing how many iPhone users are tempted by the Pre is not interesting to you?

Why not?

If the answer is 4% or 10% those are VERY different things. I don't know what the answer is going to be, and I doubt you know either. I'm looking forward to finding out.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If cell phones weren't tied into contracts here I wouldn't mind giving it a go for a few weeks, but with the former said, I would buy one given the opportunity and if contracts weren't required.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It'll take a lot more than the Pre to tempt me over to Sprint. Bleh.

And I'm too entrenched in the iPod/iTunes ecosystem, really.

6. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

Considering the poll has the option to vote on all three, I'm not really interested in the results no. And again, given that this is an Apple board the results will most certainly be skewed towards the sticking-with-iPhone option.

7. slapppy macrumors 65816

Yeah... why bother. :p

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

No, but that's because I have a contract with ATT and an upgrade ready and waiting for the new iPhone.

But I do love me some competition.

9. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

This smartphone might be a smart phone, but because of my tiny-plastic-keyboard-button-phobia it will never be my choice.

:apple: PLEASE....now leak some info or better a pic of your new baby !!!

10. Biolizard macrumors 6502

Before we even get to the OS I was put off by the damn small keyboard. No way would I ever be able to type on that without having to use the backspace key to get rid of the 2/3 other characters I accidentally hit.

Edit: I also don't like this idea of syncing 'to the cloud'. What the hell is the cloud? There's no definition, like most things on the web it just comes from nowhere and evolves over time. It's a bit early in the game for cloud syncing; more than anything I just want to sync to my desktop. (Insert obligatory 'kthxbye')

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While I'm glad to see this device come from Palm and I think it is great and will sell well, I have no plans to leave my iPhone.

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Same here. I'm tied into my current contract. I will not be buying the Pre, but will not be buying the new iPhone either.

13. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

If you all haven't noticed there are several threads scattered about discussing the palm pre. And there are hundreds of threads with people complaining about their iPhones. As well as, there are thousands that post that adore their iPhones.

I'm just curious to see if any iPhone owners are jumping ship and who plans on getting one anyway.

Thanks for participating. :D

14. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

no. but i will most likely be getting the new iPhone

15. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

ha i think if i went to another phone i would be so confused with what to do plus the iPhone can do a lot so it would be a huge downgrade! depending if all the specs are true about the new iphone i will def be buying one!

16. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I think I'm going to stick with the iPhone. I can't imagine having any other phone. To me, it's not just a phone, but a highly advanced computer in my pocket.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not surprising, the poll shows that the majority of people not going to buy the Pre.

In all honesty, I think the Pre looks to be excellent phone - at least on paper. There's certainly some design elements that make it look intriguing.

With that said, comparing the iPhone and Pre, the iphone has the edge in a most metics that people consider important. Then there's sprint who is hemorrhaging customers at an alarming rate. Palm would have done better if they teamed up with anyone but sprint.

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

Nope. Definitely not switching to Sprint!

I'mma get a Blackberry 8900 or Blackberry Bold. I just sold my iPhone today.

19. ppool123 macrumors newbie

This poll is pointless on this board. It's like asking if anyone is buying a PS3 on an xbox 360 forum. What do you expect?

20. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Most likely depending on what happens when I test the phone.

Been meaning to get another number (and since I'm on a full family plan with my iPhone, any new phone would have to be a new plan). Sprint's data's the fastest if I'm not mistaken.

21. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Might consider it when my contract is near renewal, havent seen anything in the rumours of the new iPhone that makes me want to get that.

Will seriously consider all options this time and check the specs fully before deciding.

22. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

If they paid me $500 and I could only use it on Sprint's network - No Thanks.

23. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Hey, where's the poll option for "only when an unlocked GSM version is available"? :p

I'm not interested in moving to Sprint's network in the least since I do venture outside of the country and want to still be able to use my cell phone. While the Pre does look very interesting and I'd be willing to give one a whirl for a little while, I don't think it will replace my iPhone entirely given how I already use iTunes to manage my music, videos, and podcast subscriptions and how useful MobileMe push/sync has been for me. At the moment, the Pre doesn't offer anything close to the iPhone in terms of synchronization with services/software I use daily.

24. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Gonna head to a Sprint store and play with a Pre. If I like it and if Apple fails hard to majorly change the next gen, I'll switch over.