Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
I started with a wireless keyboard and mouse on my first iMac (G5) but got fed up with a) changing batteries all the time b) the wieght of the mouse. So then when I bought my Mac Pro and gave the iMac to the wife we bought a wired white keyboard and bought a generic wired mouse.

I then accidentally spilled a glass of beer over my MP keyboard and bought a wired aluminium to replace, I really loved the feel of this but being a nice man I gave it to my wife and took her white keyboard for my Pro.

Now the big problem I have when I use her machine is the different reveal keys etc - that seems dumb to me, they should have kept the same layout as previously.

One of these days I will buy another ally KB for myself as I love the thing - seems to put less stress on the wrists too IMO.

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
Mine kept on doing thissssssssssssss and disconnecting frequently.

Back to wired aluminum keyboard.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I seem to have fixed mine again. I took the batteries out then put them back in several times and suddenly it worked.

I wish there were a way to reset the keyboard.

321estrellas

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2007
I don't know if this has been said already (don't have time to read through 5 pages) but...

The best thing about the aluminum keyboard? I don't get to see the gross dirt and junk that's easily visible in the older keyboards with the clear bottoms :D I'd have to pop out the keys and clean it every once in a while...

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I don't know if this has been said already (don't have time to read through 5 pages) but...

The best thing about the aluminum keyboard? I don't get to see the gross dirt and junk that's easily visible in the older keyboards with the clear bottoms :D I'd have to pop out the keys and clean it every once in a while...

That is true, but now we have to deal with our heavily used white keys turning grey from dirt.

mattw126

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2008
Naples, FL - Poughkeepsie, NY
I love it. It's size suits my portability needs well..

PA070848.jpg

dvince2

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2007
Canada
When they announced the new wireless keyboard, I rushed out to buy the old one before they were gone, mainly because of the lack of a number pad. I'm on a macbook primarily, so the new wireless keyboard is pointless for me to buy- they're the same keyboard.
I love the old apple keyboards.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
there are definitely a few quirks with the bluetooth keyboard such as taking awhile on certain occasions to connect to my mac pro, and signal being spotty sometimes.

However, when it works its an awesome keyboard. Love typing on it, and the lack of a number pad doesn't bother me.

@mattw126: that is a wicked bag :D

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
When they announced the new wireless keyboard, I rushed out to buy the old one before they were gone, mainly because of the lack of a number pad. I'm on a macbook primarily, so the new wireless keyboard is pointless for me to buy- they're the same keyboard.
I love the old apple keyboards.

I have a BUTT load of old wired keyboards that are still spotless since they are a synch to clean. I was lucky enough to find a guy who wanted to even trade a wireless one for a wired one, and got my wireless full sized keyboard.

I am on the hunt for more keyboards like it, wired or wireless, since i doubt Apple will change the current model anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.