Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctmpkmlec4

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2014
Lyons, KS
I wonder if there is any generous users on this forum willing to give away some MDD parts to me :)
If you had a genuine need for a part and could not source it elsewhere, you could probably find someone generous enough to sell you a part at a reasonable price. Don't expect folks to give you things for free. Nothing annoys me more than seeing someone ask for handouts. I'm pretty sure we all fund our own PowerPC shenanigans, and we're happy to help each other out, but don't expect us to shell out parts to you just because we're generous. If someone offers you something at little or no cost, and you need it, take the offer and extend a ton of gratitude; then, go through life remembering that experience and pay it forward.

I guess my point here is to be grateful for what you have.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
If you had a genuine need for a part and could not source it elsewhere, you could probably find someone generous enough to sell you a part at a reasonable price. Don't expect folks to give you things for free. Nothing annoys me more than seeing someone ask for handouts. I'm pretty sure we all fund our own PowerPC shenanigans, and we're happy to help each other out, but don't expect us to shell out parts to you just because we're generous. If someone offers you something at little or no cost, and you need it, take the offer and extend a ton of gratitude; then, go through life remembering that experience and pay it forward.

I guess my point here is to be grateful for what you have.

Oh, I am not at all expecting handouts! User jbarley Is sending me the Motherboard for the cost of shipping. Not technically free in my book but hey It's a deal of a lifetime that even someone like me, how has next to no money, cannot pass up. I can EASILY buy a 1.25 Single or a 867MHz Dual CPU card on eBay so I would not expect a "Handout" of those or anything else. If someone would be WILLING to give me a part completely free I would not only accept it but would be VARY greatful, As I am with jbarley. jbarley has saved me about 40 bucks with his generousity.

fuchsdh

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Ok guys I tabulated all the requests. Today or tomorrow you guys will receive PMs with what you've won.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
anyone else get a PM from the OP of what they won and anyone care to share what they got?

I got:

1. iLife '06
  2. Dreamweaver 8
  3. Office 2004

Last edited:

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
anyone else get a PM from the OP of what they won and anyone care to share what they got?

I got:

1. iLife
  2. Dreamweaver 8
  3. Office 2004

I would, but I don't want to make anyone jealous, being that I got everything I requested.

MatthewLTL

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2015
Rochester, MN
Since everyone is sharing, I'll share too. I got VirtualPC, FCE, and iWork 06

[DELETED] I already have a copy or iLife and iWork '08 I got both with my MDD (Along with a Retail copy of Tiger) but I have no use for iWork (really have no idea how to use it) and i cannot use iMove with my macs they dont have the GPU for it so i had to hunt down the free iMovie 6 HD apple had for download awhile back.

----------

The OP is sending me CS3 and Aperture.

what is Aperture?

----------

I am extremely grateful to the OP also giving this stuff away!

Me too. :)

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
what is Aperture?

Aperture or Aperture Science is a company known for innovations in science, like their quantum portaling device, or portal gun. Started by Cave Johnson in the 50s as Aperture Fixtures, the company originally made Shower Curtains. However, they then noticed that science can be more profitable and began looking into ways to make gels that can make you jump higher or run faster. Cave also wanted to make a jell that would convert certain surfaces to stone. He used a moon-rock based substance to make the jell. However, the jell made Cave gravely sick. He wanted to continue his scientific discoveries, so he began to look into Artificial Intelligence systems and placing human brains in computers. He also around this time created combustible lemons. Shortly after, Cave had passed away. His assistant continued Cave's dream of AI-human interaction. Thus, they had placed her brain in a system called GLaDOS. Once it was turned on, a deadly nurotoxin was released into the facility, killing most of the employees. They began to stick restricting cores on her to control her behavior. Eventually, they put the system in charge of research testing. The testing began with the Portal Gun. A test agent named Chell was the only one to survive the tests and ended up killing GLaDOS. The lab fell to decay and was abandoned.

That is what Aperture is, Matt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.