Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Same. Two weeks running and still 1.0.225. And I've been in close proximity with the Tag several times with the phone.

Maybe Apple is doing something stupid with the firmware update? Maybe they aren't doing this like CarPlay, where the update is automagically put on your iPhone. Maybe they want you to have contact with the AirTag for X minutes and be in Wifi coverage? (would be somewhat ridiculous to put such constraints on the update) - but would explain why the AirTag under the hood of my SUV hasn't updated in two weeks. And, no, not going to remove it and bring it upstairs to the condo to update it (considering the update is supposed to make them "Chattier" for the anti-stalking rules, I'm thinking we should count our lucky stars that they haven't updated) :D

podycust

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2017
Same here mine haven’t.

I really wish apple would give us the option to check for updates or software update in settings listed available updates for all connected apple devices with updatable firmware

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
Sare here no update. I even tried removing the battery in the Airtag hoping that may ’wake up’ the update procedure.

dsabathi

macrumors member
May 8, 2019
Austria, no update for my AirTag ordered on launch day as well. Yesterday I received 4 new AirTags directly from Apple. They are on 1.0.225 as well

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
No update here either. AirTag is on my keys so my phone and the AirTag are basically always within feet of each other all day every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.