Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
Here is a quick question for all you photography and Mac experts out there which, I hasten to add, I am not!

I signed up to a trial version of Adobe’s Lightroom program back in 2015. As I did not wish to purchase it, the functionality reduced drastically so that I could not edit any photos but I could still catalogue them. This suited me just fine as that is all I really want to do anyway.

However, every time I use Lightroom now I get messages about Adobe genuine software integrity service etc. I am fed up with it and am wondering if there are any other similar/useful apps out there where I can catalogue my photos in a similar way to this..?

Lightroom.jpg

I do not want to sign up to any kind of monthly subscription, so something relatively cheap as a one-off purchase or – even better still – free, would be great!

Thank you.

listen4life

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2015
I use acdsee for mac which has its frustrations but has a good browser and can catalogue

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Depending on your requirements, you might be fine with Apple‘s Photos, which comes for free with your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.