App for cataloguing photos?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Apple_Glen_UK, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Apple_Glen_UK macrumors regular

Apple_Glen_UK

Here is a quick question for all you photography and Mac experts out there which, I hasten to add, I am not!

I signed up to a trial version of Adobe’s Lightroom program back in 2015. As I did not wish to purchase it, the functionality reduced drastically so that I could not edit any photos but I could still catalogue them. This suited me just fine as that is all I really want to do anyway.

However, every time I use Lightroom now I get messages about Adobe genuine software integrity service etc. I am fed up with it and am wondering if there are any other similar/useful apps out there where I can catalogue my photos in a similar way to this..?

Lightroom.jpg

I do not want to sign up to any kind of monthly subscription, so something relatively cheap as a one-off purchase or – even better still – free, would be great!

Thank you.

2. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

3. listen4life macrumors newbie

listen4life

I use acdsee for mac which has its frustrations but has a good browser and can catalogue

4. Janichsan macrumors 68000

Janichsan

Depending on your requirements, you might be fine with Apple‘s Photos, which comes for free with your computer.