Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacintoshUser101

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
Hi Guys! I'm having a bit of an issue with the App Store. I changed country from US to Canada in Apple ID to download a Game that was not available in the US. When i go back to change it back to US store it says that I need a payment method to change the country and then i can remove payment method and choose NONE as the option. I do not have a US Payment method as that account was only to download free games and apps. Please Advise.

MLJH

macrumors member
May 2, 2015
Newbury
Hi Guys! I'm having a bit of an issue with the App Store. I changed country from US to Canada in Apple ID to download a Game that was not available in the US. When i go back to change it back to US store it says that I need a payment method to change the country and then i can remove payment method and choose NONE as the option. I do not have a US Payment method as that account was only to download free games and apps. Please Advise.

Call customer service and they should be able to set your country back to US for you without the need to add a payment method.

MacintoshUser101

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
Call customer service and they should be able to set your country back to US for you without the need to add a payment method.
Will they not be suspicious as i do not reside from either country US nor Canada? Will it be possible to use my Master card or Visa from South Africa and input in under Card Details? Will that work? Also are there any charges from Apple's side when adding a Debit/Credit card?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.