App Store, Shared Purchases Gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by abeautifuldesignnc, Jun 6, 2017.

1. abeautifuldesignnc macrumors newbie

abeautifuldesignnc

Does anybody know how to access shared purchases on iOS 11? You used to be able to go with under updates and see other people in your family plans purchases, but that's no longer the case from what I am seeing. Any ideas?

2. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

I’d like to know this as well since I can’t use the Apple store free airpano (redeem doesn’t work) so had my son do it and wanted to see if I could use his “purchase” but can’t find family anywhere in the app.

3. ashindnile macrumors 6502

Tap on the User thumbnail in the AppStore top right corner. I remember reading somewhere that's where it was relocated to.

4. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

It has “Purchased” but nowhere is there a family selection. *sigh*

5. laestrella macrumors newbie

6. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Remember that this is the first beta. They will no doubt be working on the App Store.

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

True, but we should also bring it up to hold them accountable and make sure that they will bring it back.

8. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

There's no need to "hold them accountable" on the first beta.

Ugh. Beta testing season.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

??? All I'm saying is people should be bringing this stuff up so they take care of it by the time the final is released, you don't just stay quiet and "hope" these issues are taken care of.

10. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

It's all in the approach. Use the tools available to report the bug? Yes. "Hold them accountable" and "make sure they bring it back"? Sort of aggressive for a Beta 1. Pretty sure that's one of those things that isn't going anywhere...

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I feel as if you're trying to imply Apple "forgot" about this functionality and wouldn't have ever thought to re-implement it if we didn't provide the feedback.

As others have said, this beta was released with Apple being aware not everything was functional or implemented yet. This is one of those features. Additionally, things related to the App Store backend are all very fragile, and this falls under the umbrella.

12. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Yes, but we don't know what's on their internal list of things to be fixed or restored, so we must report everything so they're aware.