Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of iPhone and iPad users this morning are taking to Twitter and Reddit to report an issue with the App Store that prevents them from downloading or updating apps.

The problem starts when a user taps the Get button on an app listing, whereupon a pop-up informs them that "Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions have changed" and that they must read and accept them to continue.

apple-tcs-endless-loop.jpg

Anyone facing this issue or is it only me ?Every time I click agree it pop up again & again! @Apple @AppStore @AppleSupport #Apple #IPhone #AppStore #AppleSupport #IOS12 pic.twitter.com/5RB7bhJtmx - sherif elseginy (@sherif_elsiginy) April 25, 2019

However, tapping OK and then agreeing to the terms and conditions simply sends the user back to the app's App Store listing where they're asked to read and accept the T&Cs again, thus begetting an endless loop.

The T&C issue is being reported by users in different countries, and also appears to be affecting Apple's communication servers, with some users receiving multiple duplicate emails notifying them of a change in Apple Media Services terms. Yet Apple's System Status page is currently reporting no problems.

One user reported that simply tapping Cancel when the T&C notification first pops up made it go away, allowing them to download or update the app in question, but this hasn't worked for others. Have you been affected by the T&C issue currently besetting the App Store? Let us know your experience the comments below.

(Thanks, Mike!)

Article Link: App Store Users Report Endless T&C Loop Preventing App Updates and Downloads

AndrewW

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Started happening on my daughter's iPad and iPhone today (both with the same account). Have spent 3 hours trying to fix this now, including a complete wipe of the phone. What a complete and utter joke!

Reactions: VulchR

DigitalVT

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
UK
Yup, my three ios devices in a loop, great. Thanks Apple for making an exceptional day!

A number of iPhone and iPad users this morning are taking to Twitter and Reddit to report an issue with the App Store that prevents them from downloading or updating apps.

The problem starts when a user taps the Get button on an app listing, whereupon a pop-up informs them that "Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions have changed" and that they must read and accept them to continue.

apple-tcs-endless-loop.jpg

However, tapping OK and then agreeing to the terms and conditions simply sends the user back to the app's App Store listing where they're asked to read and accept the T&Cs again, thus begetting an endless loop.

The T&C issue also appears to be affecting Apple's communication servers, with some users receiving multiple duplicate emails notifying them of the change in Apple Media Services terms. Yet Apple's System Status page is currently reporting no problems.

Some users report that simply tapping Cancel when the T&C notification first pops up makes it go away, allowing them to download or update the app in question. Have you been affected by the T&C issue currently besetting the App Store? Let us know your experience the comments below.

(Thanks, Mike!)

Article Link: App Store Users Report Endless T&C Loop Preventing App Updates and Downloads

Cybbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
I have this issue. It basically makes it almost impossible to update apps. I can do one and one, going through the T&Cs every single time, but who has the time for that? Please sort it out, Apple.

maartenvasbinder

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
Thailand
Same problem. Also had a problem with cat ging account to other country. Than very good service, though.
Seems they start making things too complicated for themselves.

Scooz

Suspended
Apr 9, 2012
Hm, so does Cancel work, or only on the first dialog?

Will we even need a System Update to fix this behavior once it started?

Does force-rebooting the device help?

AndrewW

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Does force-rebooting the device help?

No.

Neither does a full restore or sign out, reboot, sign in cycle.

It is definitely tied to some accounts, borked for my daughter's account sign out and sign in with my account and it is fine.

Reactions: Scooz

Kennidy

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
Same here, i cannot get new app from app store because of the T&C. But i can update all of my apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.