Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ItzMaark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Ive been using Tubidy on my iPhone 8 for many months and now suddenly it won’t let me search via youtube to download .mp4 and .mp3, I’ve noticed a long time ago that the app was removed from the AppStore but I was still able to use it fully.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
It's entirely possible that YouTube are either blocking it or have changed their API thus effectively rendering the app useless.

In the absence of anyone having any solid answers to the contrary (and I'm not a Tubidy user so take my response for what it is), I think it's a fair chance that this app is now 'dead'.

ItzMaark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
It's entirely possible that YouTube are either blocking it or have changed their API thus effectively rendering the app useless.

In the absence of anyone having any solid answers to the contrary (and I'm not a Tubidy user so take my response for what it is), I think it's a fair chance that this app is now 'dead'.
[doublepost=1524483846][/doublepost]Thanks for the reply, honestly I’m hoping this isn’t the scenario upon all unlikelyness because majority if not all my music/videos are contained within the app, moving application would be too hard. So I’m hoping this is would get fixed somehow..

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

This is what typically happens. Hopefully the devs are still involved enough to let users know. Its latest update was a year ago, and there’s nothing on their website. My guess is you’re SOL.

That being said, I hope you can see the folly of keeping so many things you consider valuable within a product no longer even being sold.

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for the reply, honestly I’m hoping this isn’t the scenario upon all unlikelyness because majority if not all my music/videos are contained within the app, moving application would be too hard. So I’m hoping this is would get fixed somehow..

The app was already built upon rocky ground, hence it's removal.

You're not the first to notice potential issues with this app either: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/tubidy.2078006/#post-25870723.

Reactions: willmtaylor

ItzMaark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
[doublepost=1524484443][/doublepost]
The app was already built upon rocky ground, hence it's removal.

You're not the first to notice potential issues with this app either: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/tubidy.2078006/#post-25870723.
Yeah guess I’ll have to move on
[doublepost=1524484491][/doublepost]
This is what typically happens. Hopefully the devs are still involved enough to let users know. It’s latest update was a year ago, and there’s nothing on their website. My guess is you’re SOL.

That being said, I hope you can see the folly of keeping so many things you consider valuable within a product no longer even being sold.
Oh well :/ All the music I downloaded on the application remain there, so the only struggle will be when I’m looking to download new music. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Knettaaah

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2018
Ive been using Tubidy on my iPhone 8 for many months and now suddenly it won’t let me search via youtube to download .mp4 and .mp3, I’ve noticed a long time ago that the app was removed from the AppStore but I was still able to use it fully.
Yo man,

Here same ****! It is still working and playing but wont search on youtube. Only on an other platform what you can switch to. This last week it was working again on youtube though. But just for a week. Now is down again!:( nobody able to help??

ItzMaark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2018
Yo man,

Here same ****! It is still working and playing but wont search on youtube. Only on an other platform what you can switch to. This last week it was working again on youtube though. But just for a week. Now is down again!:( nobody able to help??
[doublepost=1534933448][/doublepost]
Yo man,

Damn, just give it time it might come back eventually, I had to wait but it eventually started to work

memes.r.us

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2020
Ye I have it too and it’s not working for me atm. I have most of my songs downloaded so I can listen to them offline which is fine and it’s letting me SEARCH YouTube but it’s not letting me play or download any songs which is a shame :/ I hope it’s not dead because it’s probably the best free app I have ever used for music.

Legojeff

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2021
ive found using a VPN works for me. I just set it to France or Germany and it's fine

Legojeff

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2021
Ye I have it too and it’s not working for me atm. I have most of my songs downloaded so I can listen to them offline which is fine and it’s letting me SEARCH YouTube but it’s not letting me play or download any songs which is a shame :/ I hope it’s not dead because it’s probably the best free app I have ever used for music.
Download a free VPN from pure app store and choose a different country to use. Works fine for me like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.