Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tf843364

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
Never Buy an Apple Product!!!

Never buy an apple product!!!
As soon as you do something new and better comes out!!!
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
I can only PRAY I am right.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...

Derekasaurus

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
kallaway1 said:
are people not expecting merom to go immediately into the macbook as well? i don't see a reason for apple to purposely gimp their best-selling notebook when a merom chip is supposed to cost the same as its yonah counterpart.

Right now there is a big price difference between the MB and MBP line but not a whole lot of difference in performance. Putting the Core 2 in the MBP would help differentiate it from the MB. That doesn't mean the MB won't get a speed bump (the Core Duo goes up to 2.33GHz), but Apple might delay putting Merom in the MB to differentiate the lines. I'd pounce on a Merom MB, but I don't think it's going to happen in conjunction with the Merom MBP.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Derekasaurus said:
Right now there is a big price difference between the MB and MBP line but not a whole lot of difference in performance. Putting the Core 2 in the MBP would help differentiate it from the MB. That doesn't mean the MB won't get a speed bump (the Core Duo goes up to 2.33GHz), but Apple might delay putting Merom in the MB to differentiate the lines. I'd pounce on a Merom MB, but I don't think it's going to happen in conjunction with the Merom MBP.

Wasn't there a decent price difference between the PB 12" and the 15" but had the same processor? I have no idea. I'm really just asking because i'm curious.

That and i'm at like 478 posts from when I last checked...

EDIT: Scratch that 574 posts... Represent!!! i'm now a 6502 what ever that means! and my picture is up sweet...

whmees

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2006
right... so what exactly do i have to do for my relatively new MBP to "accidentally" start encountering "problems" and have to have it sent in to get a replacement?

;)

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Not really any new news, but the September date bummed me out.

I knew it would be another month or so, but I am so anxious to get a new laptop, the thought of waiting another 4-6 weeks (at best) is a bummer.

I just hope Apple doesn't wait until Paris Expo to announce it. Then we're talking 2+ months.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
MacBook Merom Will Happen As Soon As Intel Supplies Enough For Both Production Lines

Derekasaurus said:
I think the Merom MB delay will only be until Intel can supply Apple with enough Meroms for the MacBook production line volume after the MacBook Pro line volume is satisfied. :)

greenstork

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2003
Seattle,WA
kallaway1 said:
are people not expecting merom to go immediately into the macbook as well? i don't see a reason for apple to purposely gimp their best-selling notebook when a merom chip is supposed to cost the same as its yonah counterpart.

Intel dropped yonah prices, you didn't really expect them to be the same, did you? Apple is cashing in on higher margins on the Macbook and my guess is they'll keep it that way at least for a few months.

greenstork

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2003
Seattle,WA
tf843364 said:
AAAHHHHHH
I am typing this away on my new Macbook, Core 1 Duo; which i bought under the self-brainwashed reasoning that the MBP alone would see 2x2. Why you ask? Cuz I figured hey, the MB JUST came out, why refresh it every 2 months! The MBP has been out like 8 months, that makes sense.
No that my Macbook will be instant crap... I just COULD have waited until september.
Damn you apple...

What doesn't your Macbook do fast enough?

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
tf843364 said:
AAAHHHHHH
Damn you apple...

You have a very good system.:confused: Your Macbook will not be crap. I really don't think the Macbook will get a processor upgrade yet. Not for another couple of months anyway.

greenstork

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2003
Seattle,WA
BWhaler said:
I just hope Apple doesn't wait until Paris Expo to announce it. Then we're talking 2+ months.

I'm sure HP, Dell, Apple and the rest of the computer makers out there will have Merom laptops available as soon as they receive the chips from Intel.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
jholzner said:
I'm gonna go on record and say they will NOT intro new MBP at wwdc. Some sales of the current MBP are better than none and if they they intro a new one they will not sell any and probably just take pre orders. Not gonna happen. They will wait until late August or early September to announce them when they are actually ready.
word

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
BWhaler said:
Not really any new news, but the September date bummed me out.

I knew it would be another month or so, but I am so anxious to get a new laptop, the thought of waiting another 4-6 weeks (at best) is a bummer.

My money is on iMac and iPod nano updates in Paris, MacBook in November, the Long awaited Media Mac Mini at Macworld, new video iPod along with the launch of iTunes Video Store, as well as the long rumored new games for the iPod. Maybe a new iSight that is small enough to clip onto the iPod? Bah, I am getting way too carried away. Back to the point, since this is a pro targeted conference, it makes perfect sense for the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro to make appearances.

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
tf843364 said:
AAAHHHHHH
Damn you apple...

Dont worry. I m still pretty sure that you wont get meroms in MB before this november. All we might see is a little price drop for the current Yonah MBs.

At best, there might be a Merom BlackBook available with Merom MBP. Thereby making a fool of everyone who`s bought a BlackBook for 150$ premium:p . Huh,,, I`d love to see a 1599$ Merom BlackBook with backlit keyboard this monday. Thank God I got the white book instead.:)

artpease

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2004
Seattle
corywoolf said:
My money is on iMac and iPod nano updates in Paris, MacBook in November, the Long awaited Media Mac Mini at Macworld, new video iPod along with the launch of iTunes Video Store, as well as the long rumored new games for the iPod. Maybe a new iSight that is small enough to clip onto the iPod? Bah, I am getting way too carried away. Back to the point, since this is a pro targeted conference, it makes perfect sense for the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro to make appearances.

A little over the top, but agreed. WWDC is a developer confernce, so Leopard and the Mac Pro. I'd be surprised if he even mentions Merom. Forget about MB, they just came out and Steve won't kill sales during the back to school promo. Geez, he's a genius, not a moron...

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
AJ Muni said:
MBP Merom anyone? Appleinsider has always been reliable...so this may happen. This WWDC is gonna be great!

This is not a question of Appleinsider being reliable, more a matter of rumor sites making a guess that is absolutely obvious. There is no way that Apple could _not_ use Merom in the future, since Intel will sell it at exactly the same price that it charges for Yonah today.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
gnasher729 said:
This is not a question of Appleinsider being reliable, more a matter of rumor sites making a guess that is absolutely obvious. There is no way that Apple could _not_ use Merom in the future, since Intel will sell it at exactly the same price that it charges for Yonah today.
Well, Steve Jobs could always announce that Apple is transitioning to PPC G6 chips, and that the x86 reign is over ;)

2ndPath

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
poppe said:
Wasn't there a decent price difference between the PB 12" and the 15" but had the same processor? I have no idea. I'm really just asking because i'm curious.

Yes, but the difference in price has been smaller. But then there is no 12" or 13" MBP available and the 15" have additional differences, which could justify a price difference.

I guess they will introduce Meroms a bit later into the MacBooks, but not too long after the MacBook Pros (unlike the iBooks which got the G4 about 2 years after the Powerbooks).

Di9it8

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
iPod Deal

Porscheboy16 said:
Hopefully prior to Sept 16th so I can get the IPOD deal too.
The iPod deal is to get rid of old stock, prior to the new models, as in the previous years:rolleyes:

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
jholzner said:
I'm gonna go on record and say they will NOT intro new MBP at wwdc. Some sales of the current MBP are better than none and if they they intro a new one they will not sell any and probably just take pre orders. Not gonna happen. They will wait until late August or early September to announce them when they are actually ready.

I agree. Especially when you consider the retail stores. What are they going to do? Take orders? Sure, Apple does this for brand new products, but not for existing stock.

No, Apple will release the upgrade when the stores are stocked and orders can be shipped.

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
So. Errm. I have a question.

I have a MBP as in my sig. Actually that is the second one I have. First one got damaged by Apple, this second one is currently with Apple and has been for the last 4 weeks. It only went in to repair the fried BT.

Anyway. Since buying my first MBP in February and receiving the replacement in June which is now back with Apple. I have only had around 4 weeks usuage out of my machine and to this date I am still not using my MBP I originally purchased in February. Every time I call Apple to ask where my machine is they tell me that it will be with me the following week.

So what are the chances of Apple upgrading me to a new Merom MBP eh. What you think?:confused:

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
artpease said:
WWDC is a developer confernce, so Leopard and the Mac Pro. I'd be surprised if he even mentions Merom.
Tons of Mac developers use PowerBooks (*cough* I mean MacBook Pros). so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it mentioned. In fact I'd venture to say PB/MBP are becoming the machine of choice for coders. In fact I'm planning on completely replacing both my dual G5 and my G4 PowerBook with a new MacBook Pro as soon as they revise them with Meron chips. Also, "developers" means hardware developers as well as software, and software developers have to know about the chips they're coding for too, so talking details about a processor is not at all unusual for WWDC (The G5 was discussed in great detail there, for example). But if I had to guess, I'll say they will not revise the MB Pros at WWDC, it will be all about the new Mac Pros, Merom chips, and Leopard. Possibly Xserve will be announced as well but it might be too early for that.

shandowee

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2006
impaciencia también por España...

(Sorry but my english is only valid to read, not to write...)

por aquí en España también estamos como locos esperando los nuevos merom aunque seamos realistas, coincido con los compañeros que dicen que hasta que físicamente no dispongan de los nuevos MBP no los van a anunciar ya que Jobs no puede permitirse perder tanto dinero (la gente esperaría por el nuevo si lo anuncia en la WWDC)

So I think the new MBP with merom is not going to appear the 7th because jobs would lost a lot of buyers waiting for the meroms, you know, If someone tells you that in a month you are going to have a new processor, sure you are not going to buy the "obsolet model". Anyway I still dreaming each nigth with a merom MBP...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.