Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teflonthadon

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2015
glad to see that the Airpods was't upgraded b/c i just got mine like 2 months ago.. but rather just an updated charging case !!!

vladi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Ahm .. and the previous screen/back gesture is where? Oh it's still a < Back button residing inside the header. Unbelievable how they didn't think this through.

If you are going to rip off Palm/Nokia/Blackberry then at least do it right. iPhone X manages to become worse in usability than all three of them by having a weird mixture of onscreen swipes for basic OS navigation while still some of the basic OS functions reside on screen as pixel buttons and use of hardware keys where you still have to tap two times. three times, hold and what not to get to something.

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
Disappointed beyond belief face id is a fail doesn't work as good as touch id and the notch at top ruins it

GabrielMoro

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
It isn't about being unique, its about how well the sensor can differentiate fingerprints. Everyone is unique but the differences can be THAT subtle.

Even Craig doesn't look like himself sometimes, then. He couldn't use Face ID...

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
So what's so special about this thing that you can't do with an iPhone 6s or 8? Cool, it has a 5.8" screen. But it still runs iOS which means you can't do many useful things with it and it's treated and used in pretty much the same way as an iPhone 6s. A 2 year old device.

"Unless you have an identical twin" you see, TouchID doesn't care about that since even identical twins have different finger prints. So there's that. Now we're waiting for a price.

edit aaaaaand it's $1000. $1000 for a ****ing phone. What a joke.
Enjoy your free from the carrier Android phone! They make excellent paper weights!

Reactions: Solomani

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
That status bar/camera notch area. Ugh :(
I just cannot unsee that bar. Especially during video it would tick me off, I can't even live with the remaining 10 pixels of a mouse cursor on the side of my screen when it doesn't auto-hide during full-screen video.

I'll wait for them to figure that one out and live very happily with my 6S Plus which is an amazing device and now "7" generations behind.

2x

Glassed Silver:mac

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
For $1000 it feels very beta/unfinished.

Why they bothered with an iPhone 8 i don't...well i guess they're struggling to make the X but really who would want an 8 over the X

Also getting rid of series 2 apple watch and keeping series 1 seems...stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.