Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Announces iPhone Pre-Orders Tomorrow for Existing Verizon Customers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

[center][img]http://images.macrumor...-verizon_iphone_dates_500.jpg[/img][/center]​

Apple today announced that it will be joining Verizon in offering pre-orders of the new Verizon iPhone to existing Verizon customers as of tomorrow.Apple today announced an exclusive opportunity for Verizon Wireless' 94 million customers to pre-order iPhone 4 online beginning on Thursday, February 3 through the Apple Store (www.apple.com) and at www.verizon.com/iphone. Due to high demand, customer orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis.The company also announced that all other customers can begin ordering the Verizon iPhone for delivery or in-store pickup beginning next Wednesday, February 9th, although handsets won't be available for pickup until the following day.

Apple's retail stores will open at 7:00 AM on Thursday, February 10th to allow customers to purchase the Verizon iPhone, with Verizon's 2,000 retail stores also offering availability. A day-by-day timeline of the launch process is posted on Apple's site.

Article Link: Apple Announces iPhone Pre-Orders Tomorrow for Existing Verizon Customers

Last edited:

ManWithAPlan

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
What time though???????

Okay, so the "rumor" article says Feb 3rd online store from Apple. Great, what time on the 3rd?????? Midnight tonight? 3am like Verizon is doing??? Help us help you Apple, geeeessshh...

Fugue

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2011
Does this mean those of us who pre-order on 3AM will get the iPhone before the 10th? Maybe even on Saturday or Monday? I sure hope so!

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2010
I don't like that the eligibility check is taken down from apples website. I hope that its still 599 for retail and not the 649 verizon is doing.

icyfire

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Does this mean those of us who pre-order on 3AM will get the iPhone before the 10th? Maybe even on Saturday or Monday? I sure hope so!

It does say on or before Feb 10th so I'm assuming that's a possibility.

nep61

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2007
Wow... It's been 4 and a half years for Verizon people to finally get their hands on an iPhone.... Waiting a few more hours isn't the end of the world !!
At least you won't have to stand in line for 12 hours!!

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
So I guess I will be ordering from Apple tonight because they always allow you to print out one of those pre-sign slips for FedEx. I wonder if Apple will start accepting pre-orders the same time as Verizon at 3am?

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
Here is to hoping that VZ won't f-up the ordering process like Apple & AT&T did with the iPhones 3GS and 4!

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
Indeed. This is getting pretty ridiculous, considering most of us already have this phone for a while now.

Yeah well the 94 million of us on Verizon have NEVER had one before! So just let us have our fun. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to read MR!!!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Anxiously awaiting the first ViPhone 4 owner to b.itch and moan in a couple months that Apple & Verizon scammed them once the iPhone 5 is announced with new exclusive features. That will be hi-lar-ious.

Seriously, nice to see competition in the U.S. market but anyone who buys an iPhone 4 now -- I just don't understand. I know many are experiencing the hellstorm of a generation now but really, June will be here soon. Just be patient. You waited this long for a ViPhone. A few more months won't kill ya.

spyderracer393

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Anxiously awaiting the first ViPhone 4 owner to b.itch and moan in a couple months that Apple & Verizon scammed them when the iPhone 5 is announced and has new exclusive features. That will be hi-lar-ious.

Seriously, nice to see competition in the U.S. market but anyone who buys an iPhone 4 now -- I just don't understand. I know many are experiencing the hellstorm of a generation now but really, June will be here soon. Just be patient. You waited this long for a ViPhone. A few more months won't kill ya.

And what happens when the phone that sounds out in June is again 3G GSM only? They won't go to LTE in 2011. They also won't discontinue/replace a device four months later (iPhone 4 CDMA) - it simply wouldn't be good business in so many aspects. I bet they go on a 6 month - 6 month update cycle until an LTE iPhone 4G is announced in 2012.

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
Anxiously awaiting the first ViPhone 4 owner to b.itch and moan in a couple months that Apple & Verizon scammed them once the iPhone 5 is announced with new exclusive features. That will be hi-lar-ious.

People who think like you will never buy any new technology at all because you are too concerned of having the "best". If the iPhone 5 that comes out in the summer is a huge upgrade from the iPhone 4 (which I doubt it will be) you can just sell your iP4 on eBay and get most of the money back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.