Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Can we get new displays without the webcam/speakers? Maybe a 30" ASD? maybe the XDR at half of the price? Come on Apple! lol

FineWoven

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
I've been rocking a 12.9" M1 iPad Pro since late 2021 and it's still an impressive tablet 2 1/2 years on (minus the clunky software experience that plagues all iPads of course). I'm more partial to the classic tablet size of give or take 10" but I couldn't resist the better display panel with mini-LED that was exclusive to the larger model. While sometimes I do find it a bit unwieldy and it can feel heavy in the hands after holding it for a while, I've really come around to the bigger size. Especially given how much I use it as a Sidecar display and consume content on it. Like I've never felt the need to get a TV for my bedroom because it's that good of an experience for me. But this year both sizes are supposedly getting the same OLED displays so if I decide to upgrade to this next generation it'll be tough picking a size.

Reactions: jazz1

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
if you remove Mark Gurman from the equation, it's more of less understood that Apple has 2 guaranteed events with 2 in the air.

Even if you ignore social media/this site, you can more or less expect when products get announced every single year.

1. WWDC in June - Set in Stone
2. iPhone event in Sept - Set in Stone
3. ~ October event
4. ~ Spring Event

Reactions: endemize

Jack Burton

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2015
Landscape oriented camera. Yes please. My current iPad Pro has the portrait FaceID camera and it's in the perfect spot to be blocked by a hand/finger when grasping the device.

It was my first device with FaceID and the experience has been marred by that placement.

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
So this is going to be a quick one and starts a lot earlier and bit like it did in 2018, it'll be 45 mins.

no in person press, press will do hands on at local Apple offices.

iPad Pro
iPad Air
Pencil 3
New keyboard

done.

I'm in for a new larger iPad but it's probably better value to just get a reduced M2 iPad Pro 13" once the new ones are released.

• Disagree
Reactions: hovscorpion12

imtoretto

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2023
but let's be honest here, Do You really Need a New ipad "pro" ???

lots of consumers are still rocking the M1 ipad pro which still running just fine and i don't think we need to open our wallet for a "new model".

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

neuropsychguy

macrumors 68020
Sep 29, 2008
"He's always right as long as you hand wave away all the times he's wrong."
The commenter never said Gurman was always right. He said people should look at overall accuracy and not only focus on the times he, or anyone else, gets things wrong.

Last edited:

AlexESP

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2014
Here is the moment where I hope Apple has the guts and drive to drastically reimagine iPads and especially iPadOS.

Here is the moment where I suppose we'll just have to be delighted by another uninspired spec bump and a new Pencil.
No, please, don’t “reimagine” the iPad. I’m completely in favor of big improvements, but the iPad concept is really great; there’s just a minority that wants to turn it into a boring classic Tablet-PC.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
So this is going to be a quick one and starts a lot earlier and bit like it did in 2018, it'll be 45 mins.

no in person press, press will do hands on at local Apple offices.

iPad Pro
iPad Air
Pencil 3
New keyboard

done.

I'm in for a new larger iPad but it's probably better value to just get a reduced M2 iPad Pro 13" once the new ones are released.

This is a 2 hour event confirmed by Apple. Prepare for greatness.

iamgalt

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
but let's be honest here, Do You really Need a New ipad "pro" ???

lots of consumers are still rocking the M1 ipad pro which still running just fine and i don't think we need to open our wallet for a "new model".
There are also those of us rocking an older than M1 model and do need a new model. Believe it or not, my current iPad needs aren’t the same as they were 5 1/2 years ago, and a new model is very welcomed, and will be purchased.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
now do the list on what he was right on the last 12 months ,do the math and see the accuracy
Over the past 12 months, he's been more wrong than right.

But as I said before, when he changes and revises things so many times or throws in a "but obviously things can still theoretically change," how can he be wrong?

He was wrong about an October event, saying there wouldn't be one when there was

He was wrong about iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max price increases

He was wrong about M3 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro release schedule...

... saying new MacBook Pro's to launch between early 2024 and Spring when we got M3 MacBook Pro's in October 2023.

He believes that progress on the new machines indicates that they are likely to launch between early 2024 and the spring

As for M3 MacBook Air, he said to expect them between Spring and Summer 2024.

Gurman says this puts the next-generation MacBook Airs on schedule for launch between the spring and summer of next year at the earliest

We got M3 MacBook Air's during the winter.

Mark Gurman said the iPhone 15 Pro Max would be renamed the iPhone Ultra. Wrong.

He said the OS that was to power the Vision Pro would be called xrOS or RealityOS or rOS. Wrong.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Landscape oriented camera. Yes please. My current iPad Pro has the portrait FaceID camera and it's in the perfect spot to be blocked by a hand/finger when grasping the device.

It was my first device with FaceID and the experience has been marred by that placement.

What if you grasp it with the other hand? Or perhaps just long enough to be ID'd?

And of course, a landscape FaceID camera is going to lead to the very same kind of critical post for those who like to grasp an iPad in Portrait orientation.

Reactions: mikeoui

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
(deleted because someone else made a better version of my comment lol)

Last edited:

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
I have never seen a "leaker" get such a free pass just because he works for Bloomberg.

He guesses EVERYTHING and its always the most obvious things anyone with a brain could tell Apple will do.

Pro: someone who gets paid for their work
Amateur: someone who may do the same work but does not get compensated.

Gurman gets paid to do what all of us with a brain do for free. As such, he is elevated to "pro" status. If we can get ourselves paid to do what "anyone" can do, we can be a pro too... and then get that same free pass.

The bigger consideration is this: if not for these few pros to trigger rumor stories & discussions, how boring would it get around here? So whether wrong or right... whether we believe they know something or they don't... what they offer/guess/get wrong tends to be catalysts for stories that whip up pages & pages of discussion, additional speculation, etc. Without them, we would only be waiting for actual news and there are long stretches between hard facts in news vs. best guess speculation in rumors.

The hardest in hard facts comes in 3 or 4 events each year. There's another 361 days of as little as nothing in stone. I'd rather see some speculation and guesses- right or wrong... or completely wrong... or always wrong- than only really have something of interest to discuss on as little as 3 or 4 days each year. Besides, often the collective imagination is more interesting than the actual reality when "it" does eventually arrive.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.