Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDomino

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
Ok, just got to the web app segment ...

... what? Why is everyone getting so hyped about this?
It saves me probably like 2 seconds to open my favourite website and clutters the dock? Am I missing something?

kkclstuff

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2015
NYC
hey widgets, its y2K...

but really where's the calculator widget...
most useful workflow widget to-date, stripped from macOS

Reactions: jagooch

owidhh

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2021
Ok, right history is important. I wonder if settings can also be changed, beyond cookies etc.
If it's like Chromium, Firefox, Orion, then yes.. It's like running a completely separate instance of the browser with a completely separate set of preferences (didn't think of those when I made my list in my previous reply).

Firefox and Orion, it even shows up as a separate application in the app switcher/dock, while in Chromium-based browser it's all the same application, just multiple windows acting as separate browsers. Time will tell how Safari does it.

I really really really hope Apple will bring this to iPadOS and iOS.. I ever so often wish to have that on my phone or tablet, and I'm usually forced to use a different browser to accomplish this instead of doing it like I do on desktop...

Reactions: alexandr

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I really really really hope Apple will bring this to iPadOS and iOS.. I ever so often wish to have that on my phone or tablet, and I'm usually forced to use a different browser to accomplish this instead of doing it like I do on desktop...
I'm certain they will. Otherwise this will be a MacOS-only feature, and it seems that MacOS has become a bit of an afterthought vs. iOS or iPadOS.

owidhh

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2021
I'm certain they will. Otherwise this will be a MacOS-only feature, and it seems that MacOS has become a bit of an afterthought vs. iOS or iPadOS.
oh, actually, yes, I just looked at the apple.com pages for ios 17 and ipados 17, and saw the mentions of profiles are there. NICE.

Reactions: alexandr

Makisupa Policeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
reminds me of something... (fun fact: this was taken in Sonoma County.)
5e48cf3d-0992-4eda-a080-e00e07738b2f.jpg
Thought of this instantly! I wouldn’t doubt that’s where they drew some inspiration.

ryansm

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2018
Hoping Apple will add an Accessibility Option to disable temporal dithering for folks with binocular vision dysfunction/migraines.

dwhittington

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2007
Houston, TX
I guess it's just me, but so far I haven't heard anything that makes a difference to me on a daily basis. I guess most users are interested in adding balloons and fireworks to their messages.
As this is the Sonoma release, could “daily drinking” will increase as a whole across the user community? I’m reachin’ here. LOL

Reactions: jagooch

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Honestly the lack of features makes me hope for a more stable release.

I feel the same way. I'm not sure what new features I was looking for, but I just want a very polished OS. Everything is running fast for me on the beta, dare I say better.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2013
I feel the same way. I'm not sure what new features I was looking for, but I just want a very polished OS. Everything is running fast for me on the beta, dare I say better.
I might jump on the 15.0 release this time, still no way I'll install the beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.