Apple Announces Original TV Streaming Service 'Apple TV+'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today announced its TV subscription service, Apple TV+, at the Steve Jobs Theater in California. This is the long-rumored service that will host Apple's original television shows and films, and be located within the revamped Apple TV app.

[​IMG]

Apple says that Apple TV+ will be the home for "the world's most creative storytellers," and it will feature original TV shows, movies, and documentaries. As we've learned over the past few months, original content partners include Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, J.J. Abrams, Jason Momoa, and more.
    Apple says that the service will launch in fall 2019, and that pricing for the subscription service will be announced at that time.

Article Link: Apple Announces Original TV Streaming Service 'Apple TV+'

2. Bustycat macrumors regular

Bustycat

3. willzyx macrumors regular

This is another one of those services that will get a few days worth of original content, before stars involved stop giving a **** and move to Netflix.

4. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

The irony is that Apple’s original TV content is probably post-produced on Windows PCs, because there hasn’t been a decent professional Mac for filmmakers in 6 years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #BringUsMacPro

5. Pakaku macrumors 68020

Pakaku

Probably too early to judge right now, but that's a lot of announcements about subscriptions...

6. Guda.FL macrumors 6502

Or it might grow and give others the opportunity to create content besides studios.

7. WBRacing, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

WBRacing macrumors 65816

WBRacing

Soon to be three, and we all know how MR readers just love subscriptions!

Obviously the execs do regularly monitor blogs and forums... It's the subscription show!

8. street.cory macrumors 6502

street.cory

The presentation reminded me of Tidal’s launch with all of the celebrities. That star power didn’t do a whole lot for them.

9. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

Might be getting old, but all these announcements today just confuse me mostly. I don't know what is what, just that there are a lot of subscriptions that I should be paying for monthly probably.

10. Totemsflare macrumors member

Totemsflare

You clearly haven’t worked in creative companies with rows and rows of lined up iMac Pros.

11. cardfan macrumors 68000

12. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

High-end post-production facilities do not use iMac Pros. iMac Pros simply don’t have the power and modularity we need. So I’ll turn your comment on yourself: you clearly haven’t worked at real post-production facilities with rooms and rooms of Linux and Windows machines, running on NVIDIA graphics.

13. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

I think this movement into original content is Tim Cook’s New improved Coke moment.

I bet most of it will, at best be bland, and at worst Apple pushing certain narratives. A big turn off for many.

14. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

15. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

16. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

This keynote is the worst ever, what has happened to apple political correctness is to much and this is plain boring

17. verniesgarden macrumors 65816

verniesgarden

from my understanding, region rights are very hard to work with.

18. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

You must be dreaming if you think think these creators haven't been given access to special and/or pre-release Apple hardware surrounded by a bunch of NDA's!

19. thasan macrumors 65816

I do. And I’m sure many more people do too.

20. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

Anyone else think this event is boring i feel like going to sleep

21. Richard28 macrumors member

I’m already bored with this tv+ launch event.....

Pretending to do something different.... Looks like More of the same to me.....

22. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

I sure hope they have!

23. Royksöpp macrumors 6502a

Royksöpp

This is the messiest Apple event ever. It’s all over the place. The game announcement immediately lost its impact when they said it won’t launch till the fall. Why not just announce and release it with iOS 13? The celebrities introducing their shows was boring. Spielberg and the Pakistani actor had me dozing off. My soul left my body when Big Bird showed up.

Edit: the previews for the shows looks boring.

24. Doomtomb macrumors 6502

Doomtomb

Inspiring magical story telling for 12 easy payments of $39.99 a year