Apple Announces Original TV Streaming Service 'Apple TV+'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Well that was the weirdest Apple event I have ever seen.

2. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

So Apple is just a platform for actors and actresses to reignite their career. Shocking fall from grace.

3. crawfish963 macrumors 6502a

crawfish963

Crazy, I know, from a US company...

4. mrr macrumors regular

Imprsssive array of talent but would have been nice to know how much this will cost.

5. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

Wow, racist much?

6. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

Ok, usually I’m interested and excited for these events but this one was an absolute flop. The only thing I’m excited for is the credit card! :D

7. btrach144 macrumors 68000

btrach144

A lot of vapor ware announced today. "Wait 6 months but we want people to stand on stage today to tell you about this far off project or service."

8. Jest3r macrumors regular

Apple TV+: all of the crap that runs my cable bill up but I never watch...

9. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

US company that uses British designed ARM chips and makes it’s devices in China and sources parts from all over the world .

10. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Like the original iPhone announcement...

11. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

[​IMG]

12. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Only that was innovative......

13. JGIGS macrumors 65816

JGIGS

Here's a bunch of services you don't really need and we aren't going to give you pricing at the introductory event. It's ok we are Apple, we know you'll pay for it anyway.

14. giebe macrumors member

giebe

all the services today were pretty lame, as nothing is released outside US except gaming, which is not released until Fall.

15. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I guess Apple decided to hold off on announcing how much Apple TV+ will cost since the power's that be are still deliberating how much they want to rip us off each month.

16. MyMacintosh macrumors 6502

MyMacintosh

The iphone is ~67% of apple’s sales and with the price increases, were seeing a possible decrease in sales overall with competition getting better and apple’s answer to this is these half-done services? I know people used to joke about Steve Jobs turning in his grave, but….. I really believe were starting to see the beginning of Tim Cook’s apple, and its not all that exciting.

17. cmiller4642 macrumors regular

Apple's problem is that they are way too late to the game.

Netflix, Hulu, and Prime have all been around for nearly a decade.

18. BuddyTronic macrumors 6502a

I hear ya, but I wouldn’t be betting against what they are doing here. It’s going to appeal to many people, and it’s going to be free content for people in Apple’s ecosystem.

I don’t think we need any more Viking skull crushing TV shows, Although I would probably be more likely to watch. Netflix is doing that and Netflix has improved enourmously in the last three years.

This move by Apple is very interesting actually. How do you convince cable companies that they can no longer be selling premium packages of useless TV channels for $120 per month? Apple will be allowed to play their TV screen control games along with the cable Internet providers In part by offering an olive branch in the way of this free subsidized by Apple goody two shoes content.

It’s pretty complicated what is going on here

19. Jimi72 macrumors member

20. gugy macrumors 68040

gugy

Unless Apple has a great price to subscribe all the services under one umbrella, I have hard time being enticed to join in any of the subscriptions.
    Make one subscription with News, Music, ATV+, Arcade and others at a great price for individuals and families.

21. topdrawer macrumors regular

so apple just brought cable to cable cutters?

22. Cosmosent macrumors 6502a

Cook "punted" on the ONE topic most we're waiting for, how it will be Priced !

23. redneckitengineer macrumors 6502

redneckitengineer

Just think...guessing here $9.99/m for news, $14.99 for Arcade, $19.99/m for TV, $9.99/ for Music, and lastly, $.99 for a usable iCloud storage.
    ^That's why I hate subscriptions. Forget about all the other bills in life, just the above without taxes is $54.95/m. Thats a lot to ask from a general population that struggles just to cover rent.

24. phocion macrumors newbie

25. jwdsail macrumors 6502

Huh...

Well...

That was... a thing?

Um...

I really hope "Amazing Stories" is available to purchase on iTunes at some point?

Have a nice day everyone.

26. BuddyTronic macrumors 6502a

That has never been the problem for Apple. Many times they are first to market but also many times they are not first to market but they just do it right

I’ve had Netflix for a long time and it was garbage for a long time and I rarely watched it but Netflix turned the corner about two or three years ago I think and now Netflix is worth keeping. Just imagine when Netflix used to send DVDs in the mail. It wasn’t that long ago