Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Announces Original TV Streaming Service 'Apple TV+'

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
yawn. yawn. old white conservative apple execs trying to redefine tv content. like steve jobs said, ”i’ve nailed it”. no, sorry. apple cannot redefine what netflix did, to upset the jewish mafia that run hollywood and the oscars, to celebrate themselves. low and behold if you’re against them. ask mel gibson. apple is still sucking up to the old boring model. apple, you’re not gonna nail it

Wow, racist much?

Comment

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Suddenly everyone in Jobs theater looks under their seats.

Comment

giebe

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2014
Germany
all the services today were pretty lame, as nothing is released outside US except gaming, which is not released until Fall.

Reactions: martyjmclean
Comment

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
I guess Apple decided to hold off on announcing how much Apple TV+ will cost since the power's that be are still deliberating how much they want to rip us off each month.

Comment

MyMacintosh

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
The iphone is ~67% of apple’s sales and with the price increases, were seeing a possible decrease in sales overall with competition getting better and apple’s answer to this is these half-done services? I know people used to joke about Steve Jobs turning in his grave, but….. I really believe were starting to see the beginning of Tim Cook’s apple, and its not all that exciting.

Comment

BuddyTronic

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I think this movement into original content is Tim Cook’s New improved Coke moment.

I bet most of it will, at best be bland, and at worst Apple pushing certain narratives. A big turn off for many.

I hear ya, but I wouldn’t be betting against what they are doing here. It’s going to appeal to many people, and it’s going to be free content for people in Apple’s ecosystem.

I don’t think we need any more Viking skull crushing TV shows, Although I would probably be more likely to watch. Netflix is doing that and Netflix has improved enourmously in the last three years.

This move by Apple is very interesting actually. How do you convince cable companies that they can no longer be selling premium packages of useless TV channels for $120 per month? Apple will be allowed to play their TV screen control games along with the cable Internet providers In part by offering an olive branch in the way of this free subsidized by Apple goody two shoes content.

It’s pretty complicated what is going on here

Comment

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Unless Apple has a great price to subscribe all the services under one umbrella, I have hard time being enticed to join in any of the subscriptions.
Make one subscription with News, Music, ATV+, Arcade and others at a great price for individuals and families.

Comment

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Just think...guessing here $9.99/m for news, $14.99 for Arcade, $19.99/m for TV, $9.99/ for Music, and lastly, $.99 for a usable iCloud storage.
^That's why I hate subscriptions. Forget about all the other bills in life, just the above without taxes is $54.95/m. Thats a lot to ask from a general population that struggles just to cover rent.

Comment

jwdsail

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2004
Huh...

Well...

That was... a thing?

Um...

I really hope "Amazing Stories" is available to purchase on iTunes at some point?

Have a nice day everyone.

Reactions: sero and Jstuts5797
Comment

BuddyTronic

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Apple's problem is that they are way too late to the game.

Netflix, Hulu, and Prime have all been around for nearly a decade.

That has never been the problem for Apple. Many times they are first to market but also many times they are not first to market but they just do it right

I’ve had Netflix for a long time and it was garbage for a long time and I rarely watched it but Netflix turned the corner about two or three years ago I think and now Netflix is worth keeping. Just imagine when Netflix used to send DVDs in the mail. It wasn’t that long ago

Reactions: hourglass111
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.