Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1693340856605.png

Direct Link below:

Gotfredsen

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014

Wanderlust is a strong desire to wander or travel and explore the world.

OK So we are Getting iPhone 15 Ultra Titanium . It will be a World Phone made for travellers and explorers . It will be rugged traveling things like Apple Watch Ultra .. with Strong Flashlight, Zoom periscope camera for Wild Life Photography. Siren, It will be satellite Phone and innovative Charging .. Maybe glass screen can absorb sun energy or it will charge while walking ? Or maybe portable sun charging kit comes with it . It will be the phone you bring everywhere to any place ..

and maybe just maybe it will also feature Thunderbolt so you can connect it to a screen and use it as an iOS "computer" like iPad OS can ..

MAHJ71

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
I think the interpretation of all the rumors should be viewed a little differently.

Wonderlust is hinting at the desire to explore the outdoors. The titanium dust is for a new iPhone Ultra that will match the Apple Watch Ultra. It will be the only phone with titanium and an action button, maybe additional satellite connectivity, improved water proofing, extra screen brightness and bigger battery. This is the phone that will be delayed at launch, per the rumors. This is also the phone that’s getting a price bump and base storage bump.

The remaining iPhone lineup will be similar to last year, with pro models still being stainless steel, but with Thunderbolt 4 USB-C, A17, and big camera improvements. Regular iPhone 15 will get 3.1 USB-C, A16 processor, and new aluminum colors.
Feel like this comment deserves more attention. Actually makes a fair amount of sense.

Kevin2055

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2015

Apple today announced plans to hold a special event on Tuesday, September 12 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Like last year, the event will take place at the Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California.

While the event is expected to be prerecorded, Apple is inviting members of the media to the campus to watch the presentation in person and to presumably have hands-on time with new devices after the products are introduced.

Apple's September event is always an iPhone event, and this year, we are expecting the 6.1-inch iPhone 15, the 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Plus, the 6.1-inch iPhone 15 Pro, and the 6.7-inch iPhone 15 Pro Max. All models are expected to feature the Dynamic Island, an updated 5G chip from Qualcomm, and most notably, a USB-C port instead of a Lightning port.

The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will see additional feature updates that will not be available for the standard iPhone 15 models. A minor redesign is expected with slimmer bezels and slight changes to the curves of the corners, plus the iPhone 15 Pro models will have a titanium frame rather than a stainless steel frame.

We are expecting to see Apple's first 3-nanometer chip, the A17, included in the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max, and rumors suggest that it will have an Action button instead of a mute switch. The Action button may be customizable, much like the Action button on the Apple Watch Ultra.

While the Pro models will both get camera upgrades, the iPhone 15 Pro Max is expected to gain a periscope zoom lens that will allow for 5x or 6x optical zoom, up from 3x. The size of the hardware required for the feature will limit it to the largest Pro Max device.

Given all the new features the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max are getting, plus the cost of the upgraded 3-nanometer chip, base prices for these devices could increase. The iPhone 15 Pro may start at $1,099, while the iPhone 15 Pro Max could be priced starting at $1,199. Pricing on the standard iPhone 15 models is not expected to change.

Alongside the new iPhone 15 models, we are also expecting the Apple Watch Series 9 and a new version of the Apple Watch Ultra.

Apple plans to stream the fall event live on its website, on YouTube, and through the Apple TV app. For those unable to watch, MacRumors will be providing full event coverage on MacRumors.com and the MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple Announces 'Wonderlust' Event Expected to Feature iPhone 15, Apple Watch Series 9 and More
Apple should add a 135mm telezoom lens to 15 pro model.

J Osborne

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2016
Vermont
If the blue looks like the blue in The announcement are you going to choose that colour instead of the grey or sliver for your second phone?

If the blue is...blue I'll be getting it. Because: blue.

No new stuff, just Tim Cook showing off his new corner office and saying hello.

That would absolutely get a belly laugh from me. I might actually fall out of my seat. Unfortunately I won't be getting a new blue phone if that happens though (and does "the ring" really have corner offices? I briefly had a corner office in, um, IL2 I think, I was sort of shocked they gave it out to individual contributors and not a director or at least a line manager! It was actually still only the second best view I had from the loop since it was facing onto DeAnza and the first office I briefly had faced the mountains)

I wonder how they're going to spin the USB-C port. Because you know they won't say "we're doing it because we had to."

Yeah, it is a waste of valuable "on message" time to reporters to wine about the EU forcing them to do anything. I expect it'll be brief and mostly focus on the same sort of reasons they stated when they put USB-C on the iPad.

The rumors of USB-C annoy me. A company so worried about waste in the world is about to make everyone get new damn cords.

Talk to the EU who is making it illegal for phones to have a charging port unless they have a USB-C port (i.e. it would be legal to go wireless for charging and not have lightning, and it would be legal to have both lightning and USB-C, but not legal to have just lightning). Technically that only applies to new products as of 2024 so this could be the last lightning iPhone. They could also do a EU only model. Technically they could also do the EU model with the lightning port disabled & force everyone to use MagSafe, but that would make it a bit harder to do iPhone app development in the EU.

Every six months, I have been ordering extra lightning cables because my partner keeps thinking she has a corded iPhone and walks off with it still plugged in.

Have you considered MagSafe chargers for your partner?

Let's see what happens. I think it's because Apple have effectively forced into it that makes it a bit awkward for them. If it was up to them you know they'd be persevering with that Lightning port for reasons known only to themselves.

The will talk up the positives. 99% chance they won't mention the EU requirement or any negatives. If it were up to them they would stick to lightning because USB-C has only minor advantages for a phone, and because they control lightning they could even make a soft upgrade to lighting that if it were a newer cable and phone and plugged into USB-C on the computer side did the full speed data transfers elimination most of the USB-C advantages. USB-C has the disadvantage of not using the same cables they have been shipping for years & since 98% of people buying iPhones are upgrading that means it is an inconvenience for most of their customers. Plus many families don't upgrade all phones even year. So if you say share a car (even if only sometimes) now you need to put both a USB-C and Lightning cable in it (assuming you want to charge or use wired AirPlay). Same goes for any chargers in the house & whatnot.

Not an end of the world pain, but if you transport yourself back in time about a decade and look at all the fuss around how Apple changed from 30pin to Lightning (and that change bought you a lot!) people really did complain, and people really did put off iPhone purchases.

Yes some people already have lots of USB-C and the iPhone is the only non-USB-C thing, and this will make their lives fractionally better. Most people won't be in that boat so in the short term it will make their lives fractionally worse. After a few years all the lightning devices will have seen their end and even will be back to as good as "all lightning" except for the people that had mixed USB-C and lightning so they will be even better off, by a tiny tiny bit.

Or very slightly worse off, I think when you break that center pin in a lightning cable it is a little bit of metal you can get out of the phone with tweezers, and if you do it with USB-C you just broke the phone and it will be an expensive fix. On the other hand USB-C has faster data transfers, and you can pack one cable you can use with your iPhone or MacBook or iPad. Oh, and you'll be able to attach your phone up to the Studio Display. Physically at least, I'm not sure it will actually do anything (the iPad will actually drive it which is sort of cool, but of limited value).

I'm in the "mixed bag", I have a bunch of USB-C iPads, the Studio Display, and a MacBook Pro (and my wife's MacBook Air) all rocking USB-C. All my phones are lightning (ok, I have a Firewire iPod, and some 30pin iPhones that I expect no longer work, but just looking at devices I actually use...it is lightning and USB-C, and rarely USB-A). It'll probably be a pain for me anyway because my wife doesn't like switching phones and she has an iPhone 13, so it'll be 2 or 3 more years until she has a USB-C phone. She will be the last hold out... ...plus I'm not going to change my trackpad and keyboard any time soon, they are technically lightning, but I don't plug/unplug them very frequently so maybe they don't matter...although when I do it is because I want to charge my phone "real quick", so maybe it'll be a bigger deal then I was thinking...

bsan

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2022
I'm aware that, by tradition, Fall events are always very "general-consumer-oriented" and therefore Watch/Airpods/iPhone first, but it would be nice to hear a bit about Vision Pro, like peeks of what the devs are making. If I were to get greedy, a release date as well. Or maybe it's too soon and they will do it in Spring.
The sand suggest Silicon which means the A17 is a big update in performance.
3nm time?

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
The made up word "wanderlust" is a play on the German term "wanderlust" that means "a strong desire to wander or travel and explore the world."

Also, "wandern" means "hiking".

What Apple product is most closely associated with hiking and "outdoorsiness" , Apple Watch Ultra!?

Could this be an indication that we're getting an iPhone Ultra, or that there's an emphasis on AW Ultra 2 or both Watches, and how their new (presumably) better battery life and maybe GPS improvements allow for more accurate outdoor activities, like running, walking, hiking, biking?

Since this will be the first titanium iPhone ever, and being that AW Ultra is titanium, this would add up to an iPhone Ultra in my mind.

My money is on Apple dropping the first iPhone Ultra (with a complimentary price hike compared to 14 Pro Max😅).

From here on out, iPhone Ultra will be the flagship of flagship iPhones!

Will probably also mean Apple will get increasingly stingy on upgrades for the 6.1 Pros. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.