Apple Card Coming Soon as Apple Activates Webpages and Launches Preview for Some Users

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Ahead of the upcoming launch of the Apple Card, Apple's wallet.apple.com website is active, providing details on the application process. The site also suggests Apple has sent out email invitations for an "Apple Card Preview" to some customers.

Customers who have received an email invitation to the Apple Card Preview can sign up for Apple Card in the Wallet app on the iPhone or by going to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay on the iPad. Apple's wallet site has a tutorial video on the activation steps.

[​IMG]

Within the Wallet app, Apple Pay can be accessed by tapping on the "+" button to add a new card and selecting the "Apple Card" entry. Applicants will be asked to fill in personal information before receiving details on their Apple Card with credit limit and APR if approved.

Customers who choose to activate Apple Pay will be able to use it immediately after it is added to the Wallet app, and a physical card will come within a few days.

Applicants must be U.S. citizens or lawful residents of the United States and must be 18 years of age or older. The most recent version of iOS is required, as is an iPhone that can use Apple Pay.

It's not clear how many customers are receiving emails to test out the Apple Card ahead of its launch, but it should be made available for everyone within the next couple of weeks.

Apple CEO Tim Cook said last Tuesday that the Apple Card will launch in August, so it could be coming any day now. Goldman Sachs last week made its Customer Agreement available providing more detail on the Apple Card, and for questions about how everything will work, make sure to check out our Apple Card guide.

Article Link: Apple Card Coming Soon as Apple Activates Webpages and Launches Preview for Some Users

2. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

Being in the UK is so annoying we won’t get it for a year or so arghhhhh

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

No email invitation received here. My luck isn't that good!

4. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

5. Blackstick macrumors 6502a

Blackstick

Pretty decent card if you buy Apple stuff or use ApplePay a lot, but Amazon's 5% Prime Visa, and Amex Blue Cash Preferred's 6% back at US supermarkets kind of win, day to day.

6. Jimmy Bubbles macrumors 6502

Jimmy Bubbles

I think I'll sign up for it. The rewards and cash back are incentivizing to me.

7. CE3 macrumors 65816

8. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

9. twocents macrumors regular

twocents

Can’t wait! Now I can put my drivers license and :apple: Card on the back of my wallet case and can leave the wallet behind :D

10. AZMecha macrumors regular

AZMecha

No email for me either, however, I did get some good news from my Barclays card

[​IMG]

11. Oridus, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019

Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oridus

I am getting the card for the purpose of testing their real time purchase tracking and organizing. I'm excited to see how well it works and hope that it comes to other cards.

12. ELman macrumors member

Any idea what credit bureau Goldman Sachs uses? I have a freeze on all my lines of credit and will most likely need to unfreeze one of them before I’m issued a card.

13. adamjackson, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019

adamjackson macrumors 68000

What good news was that? As someone who bought things from Apple.com with the Barclays card and will be shifting that spending to AppleCard, I'm curious if I should keep the Barclays?

14. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

You are not missing much, it is not a good card compared to every other card without an annual fee. Does not even include additional warranty or fraud protection like AMEX. The cashback is mediocre (freedom visa and uber are better) and for 3% on apple products is not much since with another card you would be getting protection, a bonus for opening a card, reliable bank, warranty extension and much more. The general public is typically uneducated about what cards to buy and well a lot of other things. Not a good card at all and its made out of metal which is worse than plastic for the environment.

15. M-Life macrumors 6502

M-Life

Is there anyone here that has received an invitation? I signed up for updates as soon as they mentioned the Apple Card, but no invite in my email.

16. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

17. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Apple card does not even include a bonus or fraud protection. Not good for consumers when things go south. And the no late fees thing is very stretched on apple.

18. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

it's one of those radio controlled ones. it should work for instagram...

19. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

I was excited about Apple Card, but then I saw Chase Freedom Unlimited offers 3% off everything the first year and $150 cash back for spending $500 the first 90 days. Also extended warranty protection.

20. Proteinaceous macrumors regular

I don’t have first hand knowledge, but the response I have seen to this question in other threads is Transunion.

21. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

Anybody know if you have to be on release software to sign up through iPhone? I am running the iOS 13 beta, but I want to put 12.4 back on if it is going to be a problem.

22. WannaGoMac macrumors 68020

WannaGoMac

Yeah, I dont get the appeal other than "it's apple"...

23. now i see it macrumors 68040

1984: The Macintosh
    2007: The iPhone
    2019: A credit card

24. DotCom2 macrumors 601

So don't get one then. I am!

25. T-R-S macrumors 6502

T-R-S

The Amazon Card is very limited getting cash back plus buying food at While Paycheck is insane their prices here in SF are 20-30% higher that places like Grocery Outlet or Smart & Final Amex is also limited where you can use it.