Apple Care +

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smf72, Oct 7, 2011.

1. smf72 macrumors member

So I had all the nightmares ordering on apple.com that everyone else seems to have experienced. I ended ordering through vzw and att website, however I was never given the option to buy apple care + which I understand had to be purchased at the time of the phone. Does anyone know if I can buy it direct from apple, or how to go about getting it before the phone arrives?

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I think Apple Care is only available from Apple.
    I think...

3. smf72 thread starter macrumors member

I don't understand that business model, so everyone who had to buy from there carrier because of website problems is not able to take advantage of the apple care + program. That just can't be right?

4. iphone4s macrumors newbie

Verizon rep says that applecare+ can be ordered once you get the phone.:D

5. rkahl macrumors 65816

I'm sure you can buy it at the Apple store. You have at least 14 days to buy it.

6. 00trayn macrumors member

Good to know! I was kinda worried since it's not available to buy thru Verizon when I placed my order last night.

7. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Posted this in the other thread but thought it would be helpful here too...
    Had the problems mentioned here...woke up at 6:00am and got my orders in.

Unfortunately, the site was glitching and wouldn't let me pick up the AppleCare+ for the 2 phones i was ordering.

Called Apple Support--they tried a few things, but apparently the "+" has no part number yet so they couldn't add it...we thought about cancelling and trying again but they were too worried about upgrade eligibility issues so told me to go to an Apple Retail Store.

Fast forward, I called the ARS and they said they would have the physical retail boxes of AppleCare+ on the 14th and that I could come in and pick two up for the phones I ordered. They said they understood there were some glitches but to not wait much longer than a few days after the "real launch day." I'm hoping to pick up the retail + boxes on Friday. If not, the following Monday perhaps but I really hope sooner than later because I don't want to be out in the cold.

Just wanted to give a headsup to anyone else who is having that problem. I was pretty much freaking about not being able to add the AppleCare+ but wanted to get my order in. Guy I talked to at Apple Retail store was very understanding and helpful. :D...soo good luck to me going in on Friday, lol and not wanting the phone, just the +.

8. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Can't you buy applecare within a year with all other apple products? I don't see why this would be any different as long as you are within you original warranty period.

9. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

I think this one is different because of the accidental coverage that's available. They don't want anyone doing the "oh crap" I dropped my phone, let me go get AppleCare+ so it will be covered.

10. gatogordo macrumors newbie

Not that this may be how it's currently done, but when i bought my iPhone 3G at the local AT&T store back in the dark ages, I bought my Applecare package then, too.

11. gatogordo macrumors newbie

Buy via Apple website only!

I just completed my pre-order via the Apple website after seeing that AT&T was trying to screw me out of my unlimited data plan, and I was given the chance to add AppleCare+ to my cart before checkout. Luv:apple:

12. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

I am trying to buy from apple.com with a Verizon plan and do not have nay option to add AppleCare?

Was anyone else able to AC+ with Verizon?

Thanks!

13. Hitch08 macrumors 6502

I ended up ordering through AT&T - was having trouble with the Apple site.

Does anyone know the cost of AppleCare? What about AppleCare+?

14. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

AppleCare+ is $99 but according to Apple must be purchased with the phone>

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

and lots of info is available on Apple.com -- go to Store and iphone accessories and look for it. Note AppleCare and AppleCare+ are different.

16. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

You must purchase

You must purchase AppleCare + at the time when you buy your iPhone. See here:

Important Note

AppleCare+ must be purchased together with new covered equipment. See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.

17. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

Which is odd since, if you buy from apple with a Verizon plan you have no option to add it....???

18. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

When I preordered through Apple I had the option but when my sister preordered through AT&T their wasn't an option.

Thomas

19. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Please read my story above...they are allowing some delay in the purchase due to technical difficulties with the site today. I preordered my phone and am planning on picking up the AppleCare+ on launch day from my local Apple Retail Store.

20. deeddawg macrumors 604

Indeed, and I expect this could very well result in some sort of grace period for Verizon buyers. If it's important to you, I'd talk to Apple sooner vs. later.

21. hushmartin macrumors 6502

There HAS to be a provision for buying it within a certain time period after you buy the phone. Otherwise, they are screwing themselves out of a whole lot of money. Quit freaking out and call apple later if you can't find a way to buy it on the website. I'm betting there will be a way of doing it through the apple site after you activate.

22. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Sprint gave me the option to buy it during checkout.

23. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This is what I plan on doing also.

24. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Not what I was told!

I spoke with Ivory (apple) I called 1-800-myapple and she told me that apple care+ will be offered in another email that will be sent out to you before the shipping of the Phone, perhaps today. I wanted care+ and she said I can still buy it when the actual order email is sent out for us to fully submit our order. What we got was an order acknowledgment, we still apparently have to push the final order step with the second email. I'll get care+ then.

25. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

This would be extremely welcomed, if true... I wasn't offered care+ when I checked out for both mine and my wife's phones. Would also save me a trip to the retail store. :)