Apple case after two weeks

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by seattlecard, Apr 15, 2010.

1. seattlecard macrumors member

For the folks with the official Apple case, at the two week mark:

- are you still happy with the Apple case?
    - would you buy it again, or could you live without it?

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    The first time I used it I had an awful time wrestling the iPad in and out of it. Now it is "broken in" and is much quicker to handle. I like it for taking my iPad out since The slim profile fits well in several of my bags and also so that I can readily position the iPad on a table or other surface if needed. I am glad that I bought it and would buy it again.

3. jeepik macrumors regular

I'm still happy with mine

As said above once you break it in, it is a little easier to get the iPad in and out

The
    case still looks as good as day 1

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

I think the biggest benefit to the Apple case being broken in is that the landscape stand/mode is much sturdier.

5. Pared macrumors 65816

Not in need of any other case. It's fantastic.

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I like it, just hate how dirty the black gets :mad:

7. California King macrumors 65816

Is it any easier to hold in your hand (both landscape/portrait) or is it harder with the case on?

8. wilycoder macrumors 6502

Its way easier because of the rubber.

9. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

I sold one and returned the other. Apple case quality is poop. Im now rocking this one Macrumors Link

10. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Actually, a lot of things get better when you pay more.

The Apple case is great, although I'm not sure why folks complain about taking it out of the case, what's the point?

11. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I take it out of the case at home for docking the iPad or for using it naked or for putting into a different case. I prefer to have options rather than just one situation.

12. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

I dont get what you mean by this, im confused.

13. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I checked out an Apple case finally at the store yesterday and while it was a nice case, it completely took away the "wow" factor of the iPad. I love the naked look of the iPad, looks so sleek and high tech, and with the case on it, it was just meh.

14. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You claimed that something cheaper was worse than something more expensive (You paid 20 bucks more, no?). I was only pointing out that this is true of many things.

15. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Ah, I see.:)

16. jedolley macrumors 68000

I don't love the Apple case, but right now it's one of the better options in terms of a multi stand case. There are other nice cases mentioned in this board(I.e Griffin Elan Passport, Simplism, etc.), but most of them are just straight up folio cases and all they can do is open and close.

Eventually there will be a name for the category of cases like the Apple Case, Marware Eco-Vue, Incase Convertible, etc. Until then, I hope we can compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

17. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I got the Apple case a few days after launch and it's been on my iPad ever since. Perhaps I will end up with another one at some point, but I like it well enough. It's slim, it's very functional, and the material makes it easy to hold on to the iPad. It may not be the sexiest case out there, but it's definitely a good one.

18. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I have this in another thread but this seems fitting.

Anyone know where to get this case within the next week or week and a half. Apple Store saying 2-3 weeks or so. I get my iPad in 7-10 days delivered.

19. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I love my Apple case. I love how sleek it is and not bulky like the rest of them. It fits perfectly snug and the material feels great to hold. I have seen some people complain about the edges being sharp but I do not share that experience... it feels great to me. I highly recommend the case.

20. Spankey macrumors 6502a

Really annoyed that Apple is out of these. It seems that everyone that pre-ordered 3G got their case and no iPad. Those that have since gotten an iPad have no case.

Apple should have delivered the cases with the iPads to make sure they had enough inventory. I want to use mine outside of the house, but no way do I trust taking it out naked.

21. jedolley macrumors 68000

If your closest Apple Store does not have them, I would check Best Buy.

www.bestbuy.com/apple. Select you state from the drop down on that page and look for the Best Buy nearest you. My closest Best Buy with Apple was 25-30 min away, so I called ahead to see if they had the case. By the time I got there they only had one left, so I lucked out.

22. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

My only complaint is the edges/seams. Would like to see those go away. Otherwise I love how slim it is while still being a kickstand. It gets a little grungy but cleans easily with a damp cloth.

23. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Yeah every Best Buy is out as well and I live in Houston!

24. bbydon macrumors 6502a

Most of the leather cases look like crap and leave way too much exposed.
    I like the apple case a lot....i was surprised by it. It makes the iPad easier to hold and prop up while surfing for sure.

I look forward to the happy owl wallet, if it ever gets released. Other than it i don't think any of the others compare.

25. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

The edges are what give the case structure. They also provide a slight crumple-zone.