Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
When America Tried To Tear Them Apart, Love Was The Only Answer...

hillary-clinton-fighter-The-future-champion-1024x545.png

Hillary-Clinton-thumb.jpg

hillary-clinton-young.jpg

wellesley-hrc-lake-waban4.r.jpg

hillary-clinton-wellesley1_custom-a8c5ca1d2549da0d91af7a8c17f059b1a7ded8c0-s700-c85.jpg

landscape-1451322311-younghillary.jpg

bill-clinton3.jpg

clinton-hillary-P.jpeg

Bill Clinton had repeatedly asked Rodham to marry him and she continued to demur. After failing the District of Columbia bar exam and passing the Arkansas exam, Rodham came to a key decision. As she later wrote, "I chose to follow my heart instead of my head". She thus followed Clinton to Arkansas, rather than staying in Washington, where career prospects were brighter.

CiSzVHZUgAA-g4f.jpg:small

Hillary & Bill Clinton's Wedding Story

When Did They Meet?

It all began in the library for Hillary and Bill. "I noticed that he kept looking over at me," Hillary says. "He had been doing a lot of that." After exchanging several looks back and forth, Hillary stood up and walked over to Bill. "I said 'If you're going to keep looking at me, and I'm going to keep looking back, we might as well be introduced -- I'm Hillary Rodham," she says. "The way Bill tells the story, he couldn't remember his own name."

How did he propose?

After her graduation from law school, Bill took Hillary on her first trip to Europe. The two landed in London, and Bill guided Hillary through all the city sites. As the sun was setting that first day, the couple found themselves standing on the shores of Lake Ennerdale and Bill proposed. "I was desperately in love with him but utterly confused about my life and future," Hillary says. "So I said 'No not now' -- what I meant was 'Give me time.'" Bill proposed again and again, and Hillary always said no.

What Made Her Say 'Yes'?

After school, Hillary moved to Arkansas. Not set on a career path, she decided to take a trip home to Chicago and to the East Coast to visit friends and check out prospective job offers. On the way to the airport, she and Bill passed a red brick house near the university with a "For Sale" sign out front. "I casually mentioned that it was a sweet-looking little house and never gave it a second thought," Hillary says. After a few weeks of travel, Hillary returned to Arkansas. When she landed at the airport, Bill was there to pick her up and said, "Do you remember that house you liked? Well, I bought it, so now you'd better marry me because I can't live in it by myself." That time, Hillary said yes.

hillary-2.jpg

_

hillary-clinton-photos-2.jpg

rexfeatures-207032c.jpg

hillary-clinton-fighter-young-hillary-1024x543.png

hillary-clinton-fighter-first-lady-hillary-1024x518.png

39b9c129-96a2-4986-9063-aba60f840ef9_zps966762ef.png

136703607-secretary-of-state-hillary-clinton-smiles-at-a-remark.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

For Better Or Worse: A Look At The Clintons' Complex Marriage

0801_clintons_dnc_cog-1000x667.jpg

Of all of the images that flitted across the TV set during the past two weeks of political conventions, one has lingered in my head the longest: the consistent look of joy on Bill Clinton’s face.

Yes, he is a political performer like no other. Yes, he had a role to play. But as speaker after speaker praised his wife, he was clearly filled with personal emotion. We’ve all had time to drink in the historical meaning of Hillary Clinton’s nomination, the sight of the first woman within spitting distance of presidency. But this convention also gave us the sight of a man standing proudly behind his wife.

It was singular moment in politics, and it also was the portrait of a marriage.

Political marriages have always inspired fascination, though by nature, this has mostly meant fascination with the wives. They’re called upon as character witnesses, scrutinized for their fashion sense, expected to take on causes and deliver absolute loyalty, no matter the humiliation.

We don’t hear as much from political husbands, perhaps because our culture still hasn’t figured out what to do with them. In the working world, we’re still wrestling with what it means for men and women to swap roles. At the highest level of politics, this tends to be true, as well: The husband, the bulwark, stands in the background, relatively silent.

The Clintons aren’t like that. They’ve taken turns rising, weathered storms of fantastic, sometimes self-inflicted turbulence, and managed to stay standing, together. They are proof that it’s impossible to know what’s happening in a marriage — and pointless, really, to wonder. Hate them or love them, admire them unflinchingly or accept them with keen, painful awareness of their flaws; you still have to admit, they’ve put together a formidable partnership.

AP_16211109294920-1000x652.jpg

And yes, part of that partnership means feeding their mutual ambition. Bill Clinton, as ex-president, has an international platform. But Bill Clinton as First Lad would be back in the daily mix. His advice would have meaning. His legacy would be vindicated.

His flaws would be back in prominence, too; they already are. And it doesn’t take Donald Trump to bring them up. In his convention speech, as he recounted his relationship with Hillary in slow chronological order, how many viewers snickered while wondering how he’d handle the ickiness of 1998?

It was, amid the pomp and praise, a stark reminder of the humiliation Hillary Clinton had to face as a political wife — and the choices she made over the course of a long career. Some younger women have confessed, to me, a discomfort with the Clintons’ intertwined paths. And from the standpoint of feminist purity, it might be lovely if the first woman president didn’t also have “first lady” in her biography.

On the other hand, over the course of American political history, we’ve seen smart, driven women take advantage of their husbands’ platforms, then vault off to accomplishments of their own. The first woman elected to the Senate, Hattie Caraway of Arkansas, had first been appointed to succeed her husband after he died in 1931. Louisiana’s Lindy Boggs took office after her husband, the House majority leader, died in a plane crash, then served ably in the House of Representatives from 1973 to 1991. In Massachusetts, Niki Tsongas pays tribute to the political lessons she learned from her late husband, but has embraced her own issues and her own growing legacy.

Hillary Clinton, love her or not, has done the same — surviving scandals and transcending them to forge her own political career. You could see this as subsuming emotion to ambition, or as the ultimate act of making lemonade out of lemons. Either way, she’s created a legacy all her own. Her husband played a role at the convention, attesting to her politics and her commitment to liberal causes. But to make the case for her election, she needed the Obamas more.

So there Bill was, sitting quietly in the family box, the cameras cutting often to his beaming face. A man who needed his wife to stand behind him, no matter what, is now doing the same for her. That’s history, too.

bill_and_hillary_c0-56-968-620_s561x327.jpg

gettyimages-497294764.jpg

e314f170-28f5-0133-71ce-0a67ec7fcf67.jpg

836868c0-28f5-0133-7770-0aecee5a8273.jpg

2D4F8CA000000578-0-image-a-64_1444589640426.jpg

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

mikecorp

Suspended
Mar 20, 2008
Why do you care so much what Tim Cook does on HIS own time, his own dime, and most importantly, his private life?

Do you have restrictions placed on your time outside of work?
Wrong -> Apples Inc, Peoples dime, He is public figure.
Hillary sucks and is bad news for you and me.
[doublepost=1470197841][/doublepost]its all about power and money.
They have made pack. Hillary made him a president. He was not capable to do it himself.
She rules ruthlessly. When he started to screw around many times... and later got caught. They made a deal again "to forgive" Money and Power.

-I strongly believe every high profile politician should be psychologically evaluated. We know from history about rapist, pedophiles, perverts...etc

From her speeches and videos I could think she has very strong narcissistic personality. will check on that.

EDIT: Ok, it is worst than I thought. Check some of the Dr. Phd on the internet. read it for yourself, Many documentaries on youtube about power, money and Clintons charity work. LOL "charity"

Last edited:
Reactions: Eastend

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
I am sure Tim will weep and Apple's stock will suffer when the handful of republican extremists who are so outraged over what someone does in their own personal time switch to android and stop buying Apple products.
[doublepost=1470173321][/doublepost]

Gotta love right wing extremest chain emails from mouth breathing, Fox news viewers with IQs hovering around 82.
Honestly, like I stated before, my choices don't have anything to do with how Apple's stock, whether Tim will weep or not, etc. Also, I don't affiliate with political parties at all. I'm not Republican, Democrat, etc. Lastly, I do not plan on buying Android products over the plenty of devices I already own. ;)

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
That's all you get with the democrat party. Wishes. They have the system so rigged, you will never get what you want with them. They will tell you who your nominee will be.

Does that sit well with you?

Ummmm, am I the only one not at all surprised or bothered that the DEMOCRATIC Party favored the only DEMOCRATIC candidate? Maybe next time, don't be a freaking idiot and label yourself as an independent in a system that promotes 2 parties due to constitutionally mandated majority, not plurality, rule.

Reactions: Eraserhead

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Wrong -> Apples Inc, Peoples dime, He is public figure.
Hillary sucks and is bad news for you and me.
[doublepost=1470197841][/doublepost]its all about power and money.
They have made pack. Hillary made him a president. He was not capable to do it himself.
She rules ruthlessly. When he started to screw around many times... and later got caught. They made a deal again "to forgive" Money and Power.

-I strongly believe every high profile politician should be psychologically evaluated. We know from history about rapist, pedophiles, perverts...etc

From her speeches and videos I could think she has very strong narcissistic personality. will check on that.

EDIT: Ok, it is worst than I thought. Check some of the Dr. Phd on the internet. read it for yourself, Many documentaries on youtube about power, money and Clintons charity work. LOL "charity"

Clinton > Trump though...

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan

hillary-clinton-wellesley1_custom-a8c5ca1d2549da0d91af7a8c17f059b1a7ded8c0-s700-c85.jpg

bill-clinton3.jpg

clinton-hillary-P.jpeg

Bill Clinton had repeatedly asked Rodham to marry him and she continued to demur. After failing the District of Columbia bar exam and passing the Arkansas exam, Rodham came to a key decision. As she later wrote, "I chose to follow my heart instead of my head". She thus followed Clinton to Arkansas, rather than staying in Washington, where career prospects were brighter.

When Did They Meet?

It all began in the library for Hillary and Bill. "I noticed that he kept looking over at me," Hillary says. "He had been doing a lot of that." After exchanging several looks back and forth, Hillary stood up and walked over to Bill. "I said 'If you're going to keep looking at me, and I'm going to keep looking back, we might as well be introduced -- I'm Hillary Rodham," she says. "The way Bill tells the story, he couldn't remember his own name."

How did he propose?

After her graduation from law school, Bill took Hillary on her first trip to Europe. The two landed in London, and Bill guided Hillary through all the city sites. As the sun was setting that first day, the couple found themselves standing on the shores of Lake Ennerdale and Bill proposed. "I was desperately in love with him but utterly confused about my life and future," Hillary says. "So I said 'No not now' -- what I meant was 'Give me time.'" Bill proposed again and again, and Hillary always said no.

What Made Her Say 'Yes'?

After school, Hillary moved to Arkansas. Not set on a career path, she decided to take a trip home to Chicago and to the East Coast to visit friends and check out prospective job offers. On the way to the airport, she and Bill passed a red brick house near the university with a "For Sale" sign out front. "I casually mentioned that it was a sweet-looking little house and never gave it a second thought," Hillary says. After a few weeks of travel, Hillary returned to Arkansas. When she landed at the airport, Bill was there to pick her up and said, "Do you remember that house you liked? Well, I bought it, so now you'd better marry me because I can't live in it by myself." That time, Hillary said yes.

hillary-2.jpg

_

rexfeatures-207032c.jpg

136703607-secretary-of-state-hillary-clinton-smiles-at-a-remark.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Of all of the images that flitted across the TV set during the past two weeks of political conventions, one has lingered in my head the longest: the consistent look of joy on Bill Clinton’s face.

Yes, he is a political performer like no other. Yes, he had a role to play. But as speaker after speaker praised his wife, he was clearly filled with personal emotion. We’ve all had time to drink in the historical meaning of Hillary Clinton’s nomination, the sight of the first woman within spitting distance of presidency. But this convention also gave us the sight of a man standing proudly behind his wife.

Political marriages have always inspired fascination, though by nature, this has mostly meant fascination with the wives. They’re called upon as character witnesses, scrutinized for their fashion sense, expected to take on causes and deliver absolute loyalty, no matter the humiliation.

We don’t hear as much from political husbands, perhaps because our culture still hasn’t figured out what to do with them. In the working world, we’re still wrestling with what it means for men and women to swap roles. At the highest level of politics, this tends to be true, as well: The husband, the bulwark, stands in the background, relatively silent.

The Clintons aren’t like that. They’ve taken turns rising, weathered storms of fantastic, sometimes self-inflicted turbulence, and managed to stay standing, together. They are proof that it’s impossible to know what’s happening in a marriage — and pointless, really, to wonder. Hate them or love them, admire them unflinchingly or accept them with keen, painful awareness of their flaws; you still have to admit, they’ve put together a formidable partnership.

And yes, part of that partnership means feeding their mutual ambition. Bill Clinton, as ex-president, has an international platform. But Bill Clinton as First Lad would be back in the daily mix. His advice would have meaning. His legacy would be vindicated.

His flaws would be back in prominence, too; they already are. And it doesn’t take Donald Trump to bring them up. In his convention speech, as he recounted his relationship with Hillary in slow chronological order, how many viewers snickered while wondering how he’d handle the ickiness of 1998?

It was, amid the pomp and praise, a stark reminder of the humiliation Hillary Clinton had to face as a political wife — and the choices she made over the course of a long career. Some younger women have confessed, to me, a discomfort with the Clintons’ intertwined paths. And from the standpoint of feminist purity, it might be lovely if the first woman president didn’t also have “first lady” in her biography.

On the other hand, over the course of American political history, we’ve seen smart, driven women take advantage of their husbands’ platforms, then vault off to accomplishments of their own. The first woman elected to the Senate, Hattie Caraway of Arkansas, had first been appointed to succeed her husband after he died in 1931. Louisiana’s Lindy Boggs took office after her husband, the House majority leader, died in a plane crash, then served ably in the House of Representatives from 1973 to 1991. In Massachusetts, Niki Tsongas pays tribute to the political lessons she learned from her late husband, but has embraced her own issues and her own growing legacy.

Hillary Clinton, love her or not, has done the same — surviving scandals and transcending them to forge her own political career. You could see this as subsuming emotion to ambition, or as the ultimate act of making lemonade out of lemons. Either way, she’s created a legacy all her own. Her husband played a role at the convention, attesting to her politics and her commitment to liberal causes. But to make the case for her election, she needed the Obamas more.

So there Bill was, sitting quietly in the family box, the cameras cutting often to his beaming face. A man who needed his wife to stand behind him, no matter what, is now doing the same for her. That’s history, too.

LOL, are you a member of the Family, lol.

dan110

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
'Merica
Then you are only looking at half the picture and aren't being a very good shareholder. Because in the tech biz with laws on privacy, net neutrality, getting your auto driving car on the road, etc. you have to work with in the American political system. Else it will run over you. He has to do the same in China which is why he is there so much.

You can play politics without paying extortion fees. If he's going to play the payola, then pay hold fundraisers for both major candidates or all candidates. Dude, you sound like a mafioso.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Man with all the fundraisers for political candidates this season, and all that money ending up in *someone*'s pockets, whether campaign staffers, media workers, pizza shops, etc., this holiday season should see some massive retail spending figures. Maybe even on Apple gear! All that money floating around burning holes in pockets probably means a Fed rate hike is in the picture again after all. :D

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009

Timeline goes like this for the next two quarters:

Sept 2016, iPhone 7 launches to marginal reception

Oct 2016, earnings report lack luster, Tim gets bashed

Nov 2016, despite a total full court press by the elites, Trump become President with Hillary's failing health finally coming out to mainstream, hailstorm liberal fallout ensues, Politically Correct is dead.

Dec 2016, Tim's CEO Swan Song starts with Christmas parties with all the "right" people as he looks for something to prop up his reputation

Jan 2017, President Trump is sworn in, he goes after the elites and starts to hit all the liberal tech CEOs for collusion and possibly Treason favoring globalists trying to take down the economic system that elevated their companies and careers

Feb 2017, new Apple campus opens, a "new dawn" speech from Tim announcing his resignation

March 2017, hailstorm at the Apple board level, new CEO, new product launch, the beat goes on

Last edited:

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
--
Jan 2017, President Trump is sworn in, he goes after the elites and starts to hit all the liberal tech CEOs for collusion and possibly Treason favoring globalists trying to take down the economic system that elevated their companies and careers

I am afraid that what you are fantasizing about could actually take place. See the new thread on the Cult of Trump.

Feb 2017, new Apple campus opens, a "new dawn" speech from Tim announcing his resignation

March 2017, hailstorm at the Apple board level, new CEO, new product launch, the beat goes on

You stopped before you got to the part where he has himself crowned Emperor Donald in the presence of the Pope.

Last edited:

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I am afraid that what you are fantasizing about could actually take place. See the new thread on the cult of Trump.

You stopped before you got to the part where he has himself crowned Emperor Donald in the presence of the Pope.

I won the bet here in the office that a knee-jerk liberal slam would be the first response. Nothing like a tech forum to attract a bunch of introverted, idealized liberals that spend too much time on the keyboard and not enough in the real world.

The Gleissberg 88-year solar cycle (the real reason for "global warming" / "global cooling" used to create a tax scam) also syncs with a major global conflict where 2% of the world population is killed off. This usually eliminates a group of tyrants trying make the world population into one fascist state. This cycle is no different from WWI / WWII, the Napoleonic Wars / American Civil War and others going back to antiquity. Don't be on the wrong side of history. Brexit was just the beginning of fighting back.

I'm very curious to see how the Apple board and executive crew will change this time next year. Will they double down or will another Steve Jobs purge happen?

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA

Apple should allow or deny both sides, maybe the latter, but anything else (meaning allowing anti-Trump but not allowing anti-Clinton* apps) looks really bad on Apple.

* or vice versa, duh

[doublepost=1473039205][/doublepost]
I won the bet here in the office that a knee-jerk liberal slam would be the first response. Nothing like a tech forum to attract a bunch of introverted, idealized liberals that spend too much time on the keyboard and not enough in the real world.

The Gleissberg 88-year solar cycle (the real reason for "global warming" / "global cooling" used to create a tax scam) also syncs with a major global conflict where 2% of the world population is killed off. This usually eliminates a group of tyrants trying make the world population into one fascist state. This cycle is no different from WWI / WWII, the Napoleonic Wars / American Civil War and others going back to antiquity. Don't be on the wrong side of history. Brexit was just the beginning of fighting back.

I'm very curious to see how the Apple board and executive crew will change this time next year. Will they double down or will another Steve Jobs purge happen?

The funny part is that the real world is what people make of it, together. Funny how many people don't understand that. Not that I disagree with you otherwise about your first paragraph, especially if such idealism is misplaced. Not sure you'd want that, though.

Wait, Gleissberg is about a tax scam and not a means for Capra to make movies in the 1950s or Al Gore to write big books and speeches about in a mansion that Snopes proved is just a tiny bit far more wasteful than his opposition, George W Bush's domicile...

Also, why the assumption that a single world government is going to be fascist? Paranoid much?

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere

bill-clinton3.jpg

clinton-hillary-P.jpeg

When Did They Meet?

How did he propose?

What Made Her Say 'Yes'?

hillary-2.jpg

_

rexfeatures-207032c.jpg

Such gullible sappy nonsense.

Uber wealthy via mastering the art of influence peddling and destroying anyone who gets in their way, the warm fuzzy picture this post portrays reflects a blissful ignorance of who these two are.

Reactions: DougFNJ

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Apple should allow or deny both sides, maybe the latter, but anything else (meaning allowing anti-Trump but not allowing anti-Clinton* apps) looks really bad on Apple.

* or vice versa, duh

[doublepost=1473039205][/doublepost]

The funny part is that the real world is what people make of it, together. Funny how many people don't understand that. Not that I disagree with you otherwise about your first paragraph, especially if such idealism is misplaced. Not sure you'd want that, though.

Wait, Gleissberg is about a tax scam and not a means for Capra to make movies in the 1950s or Al Gore to write big books and speeches about in a mansion that Snopes proved is just a tiny bit far more wasteful than his opposition, George W Bush's domicile...

Also, why the assumption that a single world government is going to be fascist? Paranoid much?
K

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again

Sept 2016, iPhone 7 launches to marginal reception

Oct 2016, earnings report lack luster, Tim gets bashed

Nov 2016, despite a total full court press by the elites, Trump become President with Hillary's failing health finally coming out to mainstream, hailstorm liberal fallout ensues, Politically Correct is dead.

Dec 2016, Tim's CEO Swan Song starts with Christmas parties with all the "right" people as he looks for something to prop up his reputation

Man that's quite a prediction!
[doublepost=1473082164][/doublepost]

bill-clinton3.jpg

clinton-hillary-P.jpeg

When Did They Meet?

How did he propose?

What Made Her Say 'Yes'?

hillary-2.jpg

_

rexfeatures-207032c.jpg

Looks like you're missing a lot of important information here, Billy's infidelity, and what happened to anyone who brought and accusation against him for starters. This is drivel.

Reactions: DougFNJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.