Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jblagden

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2013
Dude you’re always on this guy’s ass. You expect him to be some robot locked in his office constantly. His job is marketing and brand development, and that’s what he’s doing here. As well as recruiting some of the world’s smartest graduates.
Nah, marketing is Phill Schiller’s job. Brand development is partially Tim’s job and partially Angela Ahrendts’ job(https://www.apple.com/leadership/). But Tim’s job is also making sure Apple makes good products. That’s what Steve did. In fact, Steve actually halted iPod production once because the headphone jack didn’t make a satisfying clicking sound when headphones were plugged in.
[doublepost=1497027467][/doublepost]
this was at MIT...I wonder how many students/faculty rolled their eyes at that joke because they are primarily using something other than macOS
Yeah, they’re probably using Linux. Though, I’m not sure which distribution and desktop environment. Possibly Debian or Fedora.

Reactions: Demo Kit and Huck

jasonklee

Suspended
Dec 7, 2007
What Mac sales are plummeting? I honestly cannot tell if you're using sarcasm to make a point or truly expecting a computer built for professional to only cost $1000.

On a related note: http://appleinsider.com/articles/17...rs-struggle-to-meet-price-with-fewer-features

The MacRumors groupthink is strong in asserting the belief that the Mac has stagnated. Touch Bar is not the next step in man-machine interface as it offers no real applications beyond gimmicky features. In a mobile device thinness and weight are not an issue and yet they continue to push thinness and weight as if they do matter. Balancing portability and power? No. Power and battery life. I need infinite battery life. I'm on my devices all day. From when I wake to when I'm drifting off to sleep.

Also, Apple charges an Apple tax and yet they don't pay their due taxes. Minimizing their tax burden is disgusting. We need to fund our ongoing wars and Apple needs to pay up.

So: are you saying these forum members are wrong in their estimation of Apple as a company and its product lineup? We predicted the iPod failure. Where is the iPod today? That's right. We were right. It was overpriced and a useless toy. MacBook Air was a joke in 2008. And it's barely updated today. Failure. Apple is too arrogant. Wireless is not the future. My father always told me Wi-Fi was a gimmick. Slower and limited range. Bluetooth is the same.

Apple needs to focus on REAL computers.

MacBook ($500), MacBook Pro ($800)
iMac ($500), MacPro ($800)

All Blu-ray, all SD card slots, all Ethernet ports, all USB, all headphone jacks. Innovation.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What has he done that does focus on innovation?

Again...Not everything Cook does has to incorporate the abused and overly redundant term "Innovation" on here. WWDC was fairly impressive with all the latest hardware. Not to mention the success of the Airpods, Apple Watch and soon to be HomePod. I couldn't ask for more at the moment.

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
Things people do with their lives:

Tim Cook - Delivers inspiring speech to college graduates.

Everyone Here - Complains about it on the internet.
Totally agree. When I graduated there was no ceremony Nada, nilch. I got my degree (Mech Eng) in the post.
So think yourself lucky.
The speaker is there to entertain. Pure and simple. You guys complaining really need to get a life. A CEO needs time off, time to do other stuff (even if it is to play Golf which IMO is stupid but there you go).
A CEO Delegates things to people below him. If Apple isn't delivering then by all means complain but every time he does something 'non Apple', the complaints are frankly boring and verging on meaningless.
If Apple is not returning value to shareholders (which is his No 1 goal) then by all means complain.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I am sorry but Windows nowadays wipes the floor with MacOS Timmy. My custom build Ryzen build walks all over your tinbox Macs and is user upgradeable

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I am sorry but Windows nowadays wipes the floor with MacOS Timmy. My custom build Ryzen build walks all over your tinbox Macs and is user upgradeable

If it works for you, good for you. If it doesn't, don't troll people who spent buying Apple because they see the value for their money in it. You see in Ryzen and Windows, they see in the synergy and synchronicity between hardware and software and the seamless working between any and all devices within the ecosystem.

People are paying for software and general experience of ownership and usage when they pay for Apple.

No need to lambast.

Last edited:

WatchFromAfar

Suspended
Jan 26, 2017

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
The great thing about Windows and Linux is that they let you choose your hardware vendor.
The problem with Windows is... Windows. My PC is not a Phone. I spent 20+ years developing software for PC's and TBH, windows sucks especially 8.0/8.1/10. Give me unix/linux any day. No sending what you are doing to the mothership.
The sort of system I built are a real PITA to do with windows. Implementation times went down by 60% when we moved to RHEL. After 40+ years of software development I am so glad that I left Windows behind. It is not the future. It is the past.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I kind of agree, but at this point one has to look around at how our government is spending the money that it does get and think perhaps it's not the worst thing in the world for Apple to sit on that cash after all.

are you joking?
you'd rather it sit in a subsidiary somewhere benefiting nobody other than the fund manager who earns millions instead of it buying ambulances, or building schools or infrastructure?
sure there are inefficiencies, but i cannot think of a greater inefficiency than it not doing anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.