Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
Sucks having to wait until Nov 6th for the mini, but excited to see how ordering and shipping goes for the first round of phones. Fingers crossed it’s smoother than watch!
Uh oh... what happened with the watch launch? Also, in your experience is picking up from an Apple Store quicker than delivery? (is that even an option?) First time pre-orderer here.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I went into my Apple Store App on my iPhone and went thru the motions of purchasing the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I went as far as I could and then set it as my favorite, so when pre orders come, I can quickly go to my favorite and complete the order. I've found that, at least for me, the Apple Store App on my iPhone comes up before the web store.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Uh oh... what happened with the watch launch? Also, in your experience is picking up from an Apple Store quicker than delivery? (is that even an option?) First time pre-orderer here.

I have a UPS My Choice Premium Membership for free until the end of the year (thanks to T-Mobile Tuesday’s), I get to pick a 2 hour confirmed window for delivery for free and wait in the comfort of my home for the UPS truck, vs making an appointment to go to an Apple store to pick up my device or I could have my phone held at the UPS CC hub and pick it up at 8am, which I also want to avoid as there’s always a crowd of people waiting to pick their Apple devices up and it’s 35 minutes from where I live.

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
I have a UPS My Choice Premium Membership for free until the end of the year (thanks to T-Mobile Tuesday’s), I get to pick a 2 hour confirmed window for delivery for free and wait in the comfort of my home for the UPS truck, vs making an appointment to go to an Apple store to pick up my device or I could have my phone held at the UPS CC hub and pick it up at 8am, which I also want to avoid as there’s always a crowd of people waiting to pick their Apple devices up and it’s 35 minutes from where I live.
Man I miss the states.. sketchy local delivery companies here in Dubai. "Hey boss, how far away are you?" "We'll be there between 8am and 9pm"... "Great... thanks"

I might try the delivery though - not a fan of crowds just yet. The line at the Apple store is still massive on the weekends, a lot of Apple Watch customers I reckon.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86
Isn’t it $40 for a premium membership?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
So i entered in all my payment info and its all good. Got the email my pre approval is good. Does this mean the CC i put was approved? They checked if I have enough avail credit? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Smoovejayy

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I never realized that I didn’t have a card on file in the Apple Store app, but I have several cards registered through Apple Pay, which I’m not going to use because for some strange reason when I make purchases every so often it don’t go through because of my address which is up to date. I’m going to use the card I have in the Apple Store app so that I don’t run across any problems during preorder day.

ohitsanazn

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2020
Wanted a smaller phone but thought an XS Max to a 12 mini would be a huge jump, so opted to upgrade to a 12 Pro. The price difference between a regular 12 128GB and a 12 Pro was small enough to justify in my case.

Filled out iUP pre-approval steps, see everyone on Friday!

quPham90

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019
Chicago, IL
Just a question on my mind.
I live in Chicago 10 mins from 2 Apple Store. Should I wait and buy it on the 23rd or Pre Order this Friday?

I do not mind get up early to wait in line anyway? Any thoughts?

nyy13251

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2018
I haven’t preordered a phone since the 6! Got the X months after it came out. What’s it’s been like? If I order as soon as preorders start, will I have any issues with Apple site or app? Hoping to get delivery the 23rd!

Tried setting it up on app but I want to pay in full so it won’t let me save the order.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Just a question on my mind.
I live in Chicago 10 mins from 2 Apple Store. Should I wait and buy it on the 23rd or Pre Order this Friday?

I do not mind get up early to wait in line anyway? Any thoughts?

Why not preorder and pick up in store?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Waiting for the Max. sad day dont get to be really part of the release party.

Don’t worry - this will still be booming from the time the 12/12 Pro preorders start and that will lead into the pro max/mini so you will get to be a apart of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.