Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
See you all on Friday...

9321ED51-FBBD-4E75-988A-36A63309E198.jpeg

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Just put in my request for the 12 green 64GB. I’m one of those rare people only using 30 of my current 64 GBs. Hoping that works in my advantage and I get it launch day. My birthday is on the 25th and that would be a nice present! I’ve like my 11 but I downgraded from the X to the LCD model as I couldn’t justify the price. I’ve missed OLED and this phone is a little wide. The slightly smaller overall size and OLED was enough to have me screaming TAKE MY MONEY.

The company I work for usually places restrictions on employees having the new phones at launch but not this year. It’s been years since I got to preorder with you guys. I’m excited to participate again.

Remington Steel

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2016
This is essentially like "skipping the line". All you need to do is put your info, carrier info and once approved, choose the model and color and the likes and then on pre-order day, it's as simple as push of a check out and you are all set. If you don't do the pre-approval process, and you are currently iUP and upgrading, chances are you will have to enter all that on pre-order day and potentially take the risk and later find out that your order got pushed out and missed the launch day.
Makes sense. Thanks!

mosesa

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
I did the pre order thing on my iphone, but now I want to edit it, but can't see how. anyone see how to do that?

mosesa

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
Nano-SIM card

nano-SIM card

iPhone
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation)
  • iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone SE (1st generation)
  • iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5

mosesa

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
iPhone 12 - from the iphone comparison page

Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSIM)

Not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Nano-SIM card

nano-SIM card

iPhone
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
thanks. i think with this i’ve triple checked that as long as you have a phone in this list, you can safely order sim free and not have a problem.

Debating if If I should order iPhone 11 PRO in Gold or Blue since this is going to be my back up phone.

I will also be pre-ordering the PRO MAX model in blue definitely.
[automerge]1602641311[/automerge]
I’m glad I don’t need to order a new SIN because I know Verizon would love to charge that upgrade fee.
Everyone is out here to charge for some thing 2020 Sucks!!!

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Debating if If I should order iPhone 11 PRO in Gold or Blue since this is going to be my back up phone.

I will also be pre-ordering the PRO MAX model in blue definitely.
[automerge]1602641311[/automerge]

Everyone is out here to charge for some thing 2020 Sucks!!!

To be honest after looking at the blue for Pro Max I’m starting to like it better than the blue on the regular 12. If I was getting both I would get the Pro in Gold and the Pro Max in Blue.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
Going to order the Graphite Pro Max - I’m considering the ATT special offer cited in the Apple app but it’d require an upgrade to an Unlimited Data Plan which I don’t want. Will probably just get the $500 credit for my 11 Pro Max and call it a day.

To be honest after looking at the blue for Pro Max I’m starting to like it better than the blue on the regular 12. If I was getting both I would get the Pro in Gold and the Pro Max in Blue.
I might just do that! I will get a taste of both colors & I won’t feel stressed out about it.

Thank you!!!

Reactions: AreYouIn?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I need to get my brain around ordering an unlocked iphone 12 pro to make sure I don’t screw it up. I don’t want to order Sim Free because the iphone payments option through Synchrony is not available (and, I don’t want to get an Apple Card, either). I read Apple’s “will my phone be unlocked” info, but I thought I’d run this past the forum.

I have an at&t grandfatherEd unlimited data plan. If I choose, say, Tmobile as the carrier, will I then be able to pop in my AT&T sim and use my current plan without any hiccups? Or, should I just pick AT&T as the carrier (I’m hoping to avoid the upgrade fee from AT&T, but I realize that this may not be possible).

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
This is essentially like "skipping the line". All you need to do is put your info, carrier info and once approved, choose the model and color and the likes and then on pre-order day, it's as simple as push of a check out and you are all set. If you don't do the pre-approval process, and you are currently iUP and upgrading, chances are you will have to enter all that on pre-order day and potentially take the risk and later find out that your order got pushed out and missed the launch day.

I went through the process on the Apple Store app on my phone but didnt see a "order" or "reserve" button to finalize the process. It says I was eligible, I chose all the options, but i didnt see a final way to save it for pre-order day.

Am I missing something?

DumbPhone

Suspended
Sep 6, 2020
Nano-SIM card

nano-SIM card

iPhone
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
I was going to get the Hong Kong model & now decided not to because no mmWave for HK models. So I will transfer my USA number to esim and keep my Thai number sim card for my new iPhone 12 and have free direct wifi call to any number in Thailand

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

While I will be waiting patiently for the pro max, it will be interesting to see what the color would look like in person. Too bad the apple store near me is closed due to the pandamic but maybe other stores around me will have a display.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

BDwy27

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
Why can’t I set this up with paying in full? I don’t wanna have installments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.