Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Today I finally came to the realization that the battery life really sucks on the 12 pro.
I’m curious, do you have 5G turned on or are on 4G/LTE only?

Reason I ask, is the region I live in I have only 4G And I intend to turn off 5G. LTE has been more than fast enough on my phones, so no sense draining the battery if it is not necessary.

I am going to guess there will be an update or two that Apple will implement that refines the modem step ups to help improve battery life. That said, I am coming from an aging iPhone X battery so for most people who aren’t upgrading from an 11 Pro should experience a reasonable battery improvement, on par or better than their existing phone.

Reactions: MinimeJer05

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
So.... I have a question.... if so many people try out the phones and end up returning them (if they decide on the Max model over the reg) do the returned phones become refurbished phones?

@4sallypat how late did your phone arrive yesterday?

Last edited:

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I am doing this as we speak (backing up photos and the like). I use iCloud to store photos and all that but I don’t take any chances.

Some people will say its not necessary to start from scratch on a new phone, and indeed it is a pain, but having worked in with tech a lot for my line of work, I can say that sometimes starting fresh is one of the best things you can do. Bugs from earlier software updates on your old device can sometimes stick in and pop up or cause slowness in new devices.

Besides, starting fresh is a good excuse of purging your unused apps from your new phone... lol.
For me it's like New Years... New Phone, NEW ME. bu-dum-cha! 🥁

:p

(ignore me, I'm just cheesing hard)

apringle

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I had a delivery date if 11/9 to 11/22. Cancelled my order and picked up a 12 PRO this morning from my local Verizon store. Phone feels small in my hands. I’m coming from an 8 plus which isn’t that much taller. Guess I’ll get used to it.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I had a delivery date if 11/9 to 11/22. Cancelled my order and picked up a 12 PRO this morning from my local Verizon store. Phone feels small in my hands. I’m coming from an 8 plus which isn’t that much taller. Guess I’ll get used to it.
I came from a Xs Max. I'm used to it. It feels odd now to hold the Xs Max.

ahatch

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
Vinom, I have previously signed up for UPS My Choice. I followed it when I received my Apple Watch last month. UPS says my 12Pro is out for delivery. I click on My Choice to follow it as I did for the watch and nothing happens, no time frame, no map, nothing different. Is there something I am not doing?

guitargoddsjm

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
MA
Hey folks, looking for a little advice. My launch day iPhone 12 Pro went out for delivery last Friday but was never delivered. UPS seems to have no idea where it is, so Apple put in an order for a replacement.

Instead of putting me at the front of the line for an immediate replacement (which would make sense, right?), I was stuck at the end of the queue with an estimated delivery of 11/18-11/25.

Because I signed up for the Upgrade Program (regrettably), I'm still stuck paying for a device that hasn't shown up, and it's not trivial to cancel and reorder, because there was a hard credit pull associated with sign up.

To add insult to injury, the Apple Store rep offered a coupon to placate me.......drumroll......$15 off an order of $100.

I'm sure it's been discussed before - Apple's customer support has really gone downhill, right?

Anyway, what are my options? I asked for a customer service escalation, but they said the callback would take up to a week.....Any better ways to get their attention?

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Finally here!!! No more waiting!

Well, have to wait to set up til after work in case I get calls, but no more waiting for UPS now. Lol.

Attachments

• 1513D62F-858E-4928-B108-1DE72A569D6D.jpeg
    1513D62F-858E-4928-B108-1DE72A569D6D.jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 78

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Hey folks, looking for a little advice. My launch day iPhone 12 Pro went out for delivery last Friday but was never delivered. UPS seems to have no idea where it is, so Apple put in an order for a replacement.

Instead of putting me at the front of the line for an immediate replacement (which would make sense, right?), I was stuck at the end of the queue with an estimated delivery of 11/18-11/25.

Because I signed up for the Upgrade Program (regrettably), I'm still stuck paying for a device that hasn't shown up, and it's not trivial to cancel and reorder, because there was a hard credit pull associated with sign up.

To add insult to injury, the Apple Store rep offered a coupon to placate me.......drumroll......$15 off an order of $100.

I'm sure it's been discussed before - Apple's customer support has really gone downhill, right?

Anyway, what are my options? I asked for a customer service escalation, but they said the callback would take up to a week.....Any better ways to get their attention?
It has definitely gone downhill this year. They should put you back in the same spot the original order was. Not your fault UPS lost it. Social Media is always the best way to get a response.

jackietreeh0rn

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2018
Got my iPhone 12 pro delivered today! Loving it so far, coming from an ancient 6s+ which I used to its fullest extent, worth every last dollar I paid for.

So my shipment was forever stuck in Louisville, up until midnight, much to my annoyance. Had almost made up my mind to wait for another day and then I realized they could be shipping it by UPS ground, which eventually turned out to be true. Lo and behold, the logs reflected that as I woke up today... and now here I am beaming at it, marvelling at just how splendid the build quality is and how beautiful it looks.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
A new question has fallen upon me... if we are on the Verizon upgrade program and decide to upgrade next year.... do we HAVE TO do it through Verizon or can the pre-order still be done via the Apple store? Asking newbie questions over here. I've only financed my phone once and wound up keeping it so I've never actually done the upgrade thing. 😬

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
A new question has fallen upon me... if we are on the Verizon upgrade program and decide to upgrade next year.... do we HAVE TO do it through Verizon or can the pre-order still be done via the Apple store? Asking newbie questions over here. I've only financed my phone once and wound up keeping it so I've never actually done the upgrade thing. ?
So I am part of the Verizon upgrade program, but paid off my iPhone X and my GF’s XS Max. I bought my iPhone using the Verizon upgrade program when I was purchasing through the Apple Store App.

As far as I am aware you can still do it through the Apple Store app (as I did with my 12 Pro), assuming you’ve paid at least the minimum amount towards the phone (should be 50% of the payments).

• Love
Reactions: Bea220

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
So I am part of the Verizon upgrade program, but paid off my iPhone X and my GF’s XS Max. I bought my iPhone using the Verizon upgrade program when I was purchasing through the Apple Store App.

As far as I am aware you can still do it through the Apple Store app (as I did with my 12 Pro), assuming you’ve paid at least the minimum amount towards the phone (should be 50% of the payments).
Thank you, Painter. You've been a solid companion during our endeavor. My delivery window just began and I'm anxious for the delivery to be made closer to 1:30 vs 5:30. Wish me luck. Hope you get to play with your shiny new 12 Pro soon enough!

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
Spent the afternoon activating the 12P on Verizon ---- a pain! But now everything works.

Screen temperature is definitely warmer than XS when TT is on. With TT off the difference is noticeable, but slight enough that it does not bother me.

Now I will have to test Connectivity..

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
I've been watching this thread and now you guys have got me excited for my new phone. I dod have a question. I ordered my 12pro fairly early in the morning of the first day. I was given a delivery window of Nov 6-13. Anyway today my status changed from processing to preparing to ship. I'm wondering how long might be before it actually does?

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
Thank you, Painter. You've been a solid companion during our endeavor. My delivery window just began and I'm anxious for the delivery to be made closer to 1:30 vs 5:30. Wish me luck. Hope you get to play with your shiny new 12 Pro soon enough!
That's awesome! Hopefully you get yours very soon as well! I just finished backing up my photos off the iCloud, and just wrapped up working, so looks like I'll be setting mine up here soon myself.

And thank you for the kind comments! It's nice coming here and finding friendly people to enjoy our Apple adventures together! Just a reminder I should get on here a little more often like I used to. Lol

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
I’m curious, do you have 5G turned on or are on 4G/LTE only?

Reason I ask, is the region I live in I have only 4G And I intend to turn off 5G. LTE has been more than fast enough on my phones, so no sense draining the battery if it is not necessary.

I am going to guess there will be an update or two that Apple will implement that refines the modem step ups to help improve battery life. That said, I am coming from an aging iPhone X battery so for most people who aren’t upgrading from an 11 Pro should experience a reasonable battery improvement, on par or better than their existing phone.
I know for me, I live in an area that has 5G and I’ve tried 5G On, 5G Auto and just LTE and the battery is a letdown all around. I maybe lose 5-7% more when toggling the 5G on, otherwise I am ending my day with 10-15% less battery life than my previous phone (11 Pro Max)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.