Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Summit14

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Contacted Apple, spoke with a rep who transferred me. Said that the system is completely off, but guaranteed delivery on the 21st. She told me not to look at the Apple Tracking, but pay attention to UPS. She said they will arrive tomorrow and not to worry.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
import scan

Attachments

• IMG_8619.jpg
    IMG_8619.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 149

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
Does UPS allow you guys to hold the iPhone at one of their CC's for pickup tomorrow?
Not sure if this is sarcasm because you have been a member since 2007, but I'll still answer. Yes, yes they do let you hold it there, it's the only safe location to hold it and get it on the 21st. Holding at a store delays it until the 24th.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Your phone is still in Kentucky and won’t leave until tonight. Tonight is when updates should be instant..

Correct that is about all I am certain about-- it came with the batch one UPS63 I am sure but never had departure info til its arrival in Louisville that said it left Hong Kong at time that UPS63's load started scanning from some of pallets. UPS just texted me and emailed me so I wondered if the phone already made the journey north or not, guess we will see when tracking updates

Reactions: UserJalen

alextripp

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Does UPS allow you guys to hold the iPhone at one of their CC's for pickup tomorrow?

I can't select mine for some reason. It doesn't even show up in the selection. UPS customer support said to wait until it shows in country (still shows in Korea) but other people have been able to select theres before its in country. A little annoying as I want to pick it up.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
I haven’t gotten my import scan to KY yet even though I was on the 11:15PM Alaska departure

Why are all of you getting the scan?
wsAnFhH.gif

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I think pallets are leaving Incheon based on what time they need to leave the hub in Kentucky. The earlier ones are there already and ones closer to the hub will come in last

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
I can't select mine for some reason. It doesn't even show up in the selection. UPS customer support said to wait until it shows in country (still shows in Korea) but other people have been able to select theres before its in country. A little annoying as I want to pick it up.

yeah same boat, shows unavailable. Was able to successfully call once my watch hit Alaska and get it held.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Also, just saw on reddit:

"For anyone who got the Shipment on Hold order status... I just got through to the Apple Store support and they told me that it's fine and my order is still on the way and that the shipment on hold thing just means that if the order gets to your area before tomorrow they aren't allowed to deliver it early since the phone doesn't technically release until tomorrow."

DJAznSensation

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
The food is almost ready to be plated!!!

I've had my tracking number through UPS since Monday, but the Apple Store app never reflected as such. This changed this morning, as I got an email from Apple and the Apple Store app now shows as SHIPPED!

Currently the iPhone Xs MAX Gold 512gb, is in Kentucky with all the other iPhones. Can't wait until tomorrow!

SHOW ME THE GOLD!

IMG_1555.PNG
IMG_1556.PNG

Reactions: prospervic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.