Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
As cool as it would be, not sure what I’d use it for. I don’t keep track of sports scores or anything.
Uber/Lyft tracking is the only other thing I've seen.
But does anyone really care if you find it unuseful. Can you imagine well enough to see that many will welcome this feature? I can guarantee you that you don't like 1/2 the things I like and vice versa. It really doesn't matter, does it?
That's a bit rude. There are plenty of people who don't watch or care about sports. That and ridesharing are really the only things I've seen featured in screenshots. I'm sure there's a lot of potential, but it would be nice to know how other apps are going to utilize this. There are plenty of iOS features that don't get wide enough adoption by app developers; maybe people hope this just won't be another one.

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2017
To explain bluntly what sarcasm was trying to explain.

Here:

Once again Apple fail to deliver on time something that was announced as being available with Ios 16

Live activity
Stage whatever
Universal Control

• Disagree
Reactions: whatgift

Chevyman29

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
With the AOD and now the live activities and the widgets it seems like apple has woken up to the idea that there's a whole lots of people who've been wanting things like this.

In my lifetime I look forward to being able to place icons anywhere on my home screen 😂

Reactions: MayaUser

buzzman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2007
Crypto/stock prices?

Progress on your large 3D render job?

Build process status?

Medal counts during olympics?

Amazon package tracking (6 stops away!)?

Instacart / Uber / Lyft deliveries progress?
That would all be insane. Too bad it's US only in the beginning. Hope it comes fast to Europe

thislsmadness

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
To explain bluntly what sarcasm was trying to explain.

Here:

Once again Apple fail to deliver on time something that was announced as being available with Ios 16

Live activity
Stage whatever
Universal Control
They had already announced at WWDC that this would not be a launch feature. But would you rather they delay iOS16 for everyone for a feature that benefits two phones? Or would iPhone 14 owners rather wait a year for iOS17 instead of a month for 16.1?

Reactions: whatgift and rettro

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
"Coming soon to Dynamic Island…ONLY ON FOX!"

That's what I hear in my head. Sounds like a reality TV show.

• Haha
Reactions: srbNYC

MedRed

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Uber/Uber Eats is great. Also Google Maps in Japan when I'm navigating the trains/subways!

pauloregan

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Can you set the sports ticker to be an hour behind if you're watching it a bit late on on a PVR. The pizza delivery will have to be live though.
Maybe siri could listen to the commentary, know I'm in the 2nd qtr 7.15 left and adjust as I forward the ads.
16.2 update idea right there.

Reactions: happy orchard

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2017
They had already announced at WWDC that this would not be a launch feature. But would you rather they delay iOS16 for everyone for a feature that benefits two phones? Or would iPhone 14 owners rather wait a year for iOS17 instead of a month for 16.1?
I would rather have them organized their **** together and deliver on time. If they could stop fragmenting the Iphone it would surely help.

-Iphone 13 A14
-Iphone 13 pro A14/gpu+
-Iphone 14 A14/gpu+
-Iphone 14 A15

Seriously this is bad.

Apple is on their way to go back to pepsi era once again.

• Disagree
Reactions: whatgift

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
For me…
Crypto/stock prices?
Nope
Progress on your large 3D render job?
Err… Nope

Build process status?
Nope again…
Medal counts during olympics?
You guessed it. Nope.

Amazon package tracking (6 stops away!)?
Really?

Instacart / Uber / Lyft deliveries progress?
No, not really.

I mean this in jest, mostly.

But christ on a bike, do we really need to know all these things instantly?

Wait until developers get their hands on this and update their apps. You might be surprised of the usefulness.
True.
Early days yet and I hope to be impressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.