Apple Debuts 7 New Apple Watch Ads Highlighting Fitness Capabilities, Fashion and More

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 11, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today uploaded a series of seven new ads to its YouTube channel, all of which focus on different aspects of the Apple Watch. Each spot, which has a different colored background, is 16 seconds in length, giving a quick look at a single feature set to music.

Three videos, "Row," "Chase," and "Golf," featuring a rower, a runner, and a golfer, respectively, all focus on the fitness capabilities of the Apple Watch. The ad depicts users reaching their fitness goals for the day, using the Workout app to track workout progress, and competing with friends for the best time.

"Find," the fourth ad Apple shared today, highlights the Apple Watch's ability to locate the iPhone through a Glance on the device, while "Swap" highlights the myriad band options that are available.

"Surprise," depicts the Apple Watch being used to plan a surprise party, showing off the Messages app and its ability to control HomeKit-connected products like lights. The final ad, "Rain," shows off app notifications, with an Apple Watch wearer getting a notification from a weather app about an incoming rain storm and pulling out an umbrella as everyone else starts getting soaked.

Many of the Apple Watch ads shared today feature well-known celebrities like Chloë Sevigny, Alice Cooper, and Nick Jonas, continuing on with Apple's recent trend of using celebrities in its ads. Recent ads for the Apple TV and iPhone have featured celebrities like Alison Brie, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Sesame Street character Cookie Monster, Jamie Foxx, Bill Hader, Jon Favreau, and Stephen Curry.

Update: Apple has shared an eighth new Apple Watch video, titled "Climb," which also focuses on the fitness features of the device.

Article Link: Apple Debuts 7 New Apple Watch Ads Highlighting Fitness Capabilities, Fashion and More

2. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

3. anzio macrumors 6502

4. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Great ads. Apple's been churning out some really nice ones.

5. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

They should show a celeb with a closet full of bands. lol

6. rizzo41999 macrumors 6502

rizzo41999

Agreed. The ad work has definitely stepped up. The Designed by Apple in California was pretty low

7. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68020

bladerunner2000

Gimmick device no matter how cool/desperate their commercials are. No point in having an apple watch when you must have an iPhone on you at all times that does everything and more than an apple watch. Plus, it's ugly... looks like a cheap toy from a mcdonald's happy meal.

8. muadibe macrumors 6502

All very good. Golf and Swap are my favorites.

9. Karma*Police macrumors 68000

I agree. Stylistically it reminds me a little bit of the iconic iPod silhouette ads. Very cool.

10. bushido Suspended

bushido

how do i get those weather alerts like in the last one? never seen that on mine lol

made me think of Kim Kardashian promoting the Hermès bands

11. MaulRx Suspended

Further hinting that we are farther off from a new model then we may think.

12. CFreymarc Suspended

Alice Cooper doing an Apple ad ... one more sign of the apocalypse.

13. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

It uses the DarkSky app which is only available in the US and british isles so far :(

14. Baerok macrumors member

Baerok

I think it's worth to pay $300 just for the lost iPhone feature.

15. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

Nice and simple... it's good to see Apple upping the advertising. It's needed to keep products in people's mind in between big releases.

16. iLoveDeveloping macrumors 6502

Download DarkSky.

17. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

If it could find my wife's reading glasses I'd buy her one in a heartbeat! :rolleyes:

18. MaulRx Suspended

The ping?

19. AngerDanger, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016

AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

These ads always sort of creep me out. The endless nondescript backgrounds and reliance on bizarre technology make me feel like I'm watching previews for a new episode of "Black Mirror."

I even tried parodying them a while ago:

20. iLoveDeveloping macrumors 6502

Yep, that's all the Apple Watch does. Those 7 things. Yey €500!! Oh hold on..

21. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

Would be difficult to, since he lives in Germany...

22. creediddy macrumors regular

23. brunosh macrumors regular

brunosh

Almost makes me want to have an Apple Watch, just not yet! They better step up the game with Apple Watch 2.0

24. nicovh macrumors 6502

nicovh

If apple indeed is going to make a 20 to 40% thinner watch, i'd be intrigued.

25. 2457282, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016

2457282 Suspended

I know people like you. I avoid them when possible :D

Seriously, I love my watch. I wear it all day every day. I find it very useful especially because I do not have to pull the phone out of my pocket all the time. Clearly you haven't tried it. And I think it is way better looking than pebble or android wear stuff.