Apple Debuts Music-Themed iPad Air 2 Ad Ahead of Grammy Awards

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 8, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Ahead of tonight's telecast of the 57th annual Grammy Awards, Apple has debuted a new music-themed iPad commercial titled "Change" featuring Swedish singer Elliphant, Los Angeles-based producer Gaslamp Killer, and English DJ Riton.

The ad shows the three musicians composing a remix to Elliphant's "All Or Nothing" entirely on an iPad, from initial songwriting, production, recording, and more. Apps shown throughout the add include Apple's GarageBand for songwriting, iMPC Pro for production, Serato Remote for live performances and Manual Camera for filming video.

Billboard also reports that Apple CEO Tim Cook and SVP of Internet Software and Services were the focus of much attention at a pre-Grammy party held by record producer Clive Davis. Apple is estimated to have paid upwards of $2 million for its Grammy ad.

The new iPad ad follows rumors of a revamped Beats Music subscription service, with a report last week noting that Apple would be charging $7.99 per month for access on OS X , iOS, Apple TV, and Android. Apple is expected to relaunch Beats Music later this year, possibly at June during the company's annual Worldwide Developer's Conference.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Music-Themed iPad Air 2 Ad Ahead of Grammy Awards

2. farewelwilliams macrumors 68000

3. anzio macrumors 6502

Side note: anyone have any suggestions for repairing hearing loss from "different" music?

4. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

The final shot of the DJ station would have been even better if instead it was an iPad with djay on it.

5. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I love Elliphant!!

Really dig the commercial too.

6. JackieInCo Suspended

Never heard of Elliphant till I watched the video. Now I know why.

Good ad though.

7. JS3 macrumors regular

Wasnt terrible but the ending was a little much.

8. beetlemanptm macrumors member

Saw that commercial during the Grammy Awards telecast on CBS tonight. It was a very nice commercial.

9. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Yawn. They need a new ad agency. The guy having a seizure near the end didn't help it.

10. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Are you referring to the nipple?

11. fourthtunz macrumors 65816

fourthtunz

It was a kind of.."you had to be there" moment evidently :)

12. 2IS macrumors 68030

I compose **** music with garage band all the time. Nothing new here.

13. Teste macrumors 6502

Too bad the iPad's sales are falling, and the tablet market it created is stagnant.

14. mejsric macrumors 6502a

mejsric

You may not like the ads but this shows the usefulness of iPad. Compare to others.. showing specs..

Even me, i dont like the song. I dont know them... But watching these video shows the power of an iPad, how people use thier iPad.

I like that stickers on the back. :apple:

15. 2IS macrumors 68030

It really doesn't since no one actually does that. All the hipsters who want an iPad have one, the rest probably can't afford it. Apple needs to start changing their target demographic.

16. ncaissie macrumors 6502a

ncaissie

What writing lyrics?

17. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

They payed "upwards of two million dollars" for that ad? What we're they thinking? Also, what is that terrible font they used? It just seemed very un-Apple-like.

*Goes back to listening to early Coldplay album in fear of what is considered "music" now*

18. iSayuSay macrumors 68040

iSayuSay

Partly because it doesn't do anything much more than the original iPad? Many people still use it for book reader, watching movies, browse, social media and maybe a bit playing time for infants. That's quite narrow for a $549 device.
    Making music on an iPad is niche and only a handful of people would do it. Most will do it on their laptop and computers.

In short, iPad should be way more powerful and functional than it is to make it worthwhile. Some might not be agree with me, but it's still a giant iPhone without the phone part. It's still not able to substitute a Mac or computer completely.

19. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

I thought you were just being a regular apple doomsdayist being all "Steve Jobs would roll over in his grave"...

Then I watched the ad.

What. The. ******* was that?

20. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Why were Tim Cook and Eddy Cue the "toast of the town"? What have they done for music lately? :confused:

21. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

22. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

23. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime