Apple Debuts Three Apple Watch Ads: 'Rise', 'Up' and 'Us'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 24, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Hours before the Apple Watch is set to officially launch, Apple has debuted three new ads called "Rise", "Up" and "Us". The three ads focus on the three aspects of the device CEO Tim Cook highlighted when the Apple Watch was first introduced: a device that helps you with time, a comprehensive health and fitness device and an intimate communication device.

The final ad, "Us", has people using the Watch's communication features, including the ability to draw pictures, send animated emojis, and send heart beats and taps to the wrists of other Apple Watch users. Interestingly, the ad also features people spending time with each other and paying attention to the world around them, illustrating how the Watch could free some users from their phones.

All three ads end similarly, declaring that "the Watch is here". Thus far, Apple's marketing campaign for the Apple Watch has focused on getting the device on the wrists of athletes, models and other celebrities for maximum exposure. Moving forward, it appears Apple will begin making a case for how the Apple Watch will be used by most people.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Three Apple Watch Ads: 'Rise', 'Up' and 'Us'

2. mejsric, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

mejsric macrumors 6502a

mejsric

great ads... Just watching these ads.. I can predict.. In the future.. We can't live without a smartwatch.. Just like smartphones today..

3. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Girl In the First Video...

... is she about to do a walk of shame?

Attached Files:

4. Jacquesvw macrumors regular

These ads are way too civilized for me, I want Apple to make fun of Samsung Gear and Motorola Moto 360... just kidding, these ads are great.

5. DannyT2011 macrumors member

I like these ads, quick interactions just like Apple say, in real life (mostly everyday) environments

6. daniel4 macrumors newbie

The "Us" ad is quite excellent. Lots of emotion, good, bad, and connecting with people. Great job Apple!

7. RayDonovan, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

RayDonovan macrumors regular

RayDonovan

These are really great ads! That music makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :p

Until i remember that my watch is shipping in June and then i lose my ****!

8. DrJohnnyN macrumors 65816

DrJohnnyN

9. bushido Suspended

bushido

The "US" ad is horrible, its like "sending the message" of reasons not to actual talk to one another.

also lol at the "time to stand up" and she randomly stands up in the metro scene in the 2nd ad

10. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Engaging, beautiful and informative. It has been a long time since Apple have made an advert that is not full of self indulgence.

11. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Love it that Apple's ads focus on the product and not the competition.

12. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

The watch is here! The watch is here! Um...it's a friggin watch people. Lol. Seriously. I'm an Apple fan, but even I think these ads have an overblown sense of self importance.

13. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

you have won this thread.

great ads though, classic apple

14. RayDonovan macrumors regular

RayDonovan

It's called marketing. How else to you expect people to find out about it? Not everyone lurks around on mac forums like we do.

15. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Great ads, they show how the watch will seamlessly blend into peoples lives.

16. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Great ads! Nice music, I wanted it to keep going.

17. fakeycakemaker macrumors regular

Wow, those watches must have new software. Didn't see any lagging at all......#

18. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

Noticed the ads all had average weather, and definitely noticed no rain or water. Weather is unpredictable. Im still shocked a watch this price is not waterproof.

19. darkknight14 macrumors 6502

darkknight14

Oh myy gawdd :eek: !! Great ads, haven't ordered one yet waiting for the reviews from consumers (MacRumors comments) but these ads do their job well!

20. filthysin macrumors newbie

filthysin

I could be wrong, but I think rain would fall into the water "resistant" category. My iPhone is not waterproof but it has seen it's share of rain without any issues.

21. AppleInTheMud macrumors 6502

AppleInTheMud

If marketing works?

Well. First I thought. Jesus this Apple Watch is ugly, totally overpriced, nerdy and useless #

Now I Think. Im weak and easy and love the darn thing #

22. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I turned off soon as he rolled over to turn the alarm off and I saw the recharging cable.

23. Jsameds macrumors 68040

It's water resistant from what I've heard so it should be all right in rainfall, but as always just use your common sense and don't do things like use it in heavy rain or take it with you to into the sea for a swim.

I guess we'll see a lot of tests hit Youtube over the coming days, including how water resistant it actually is.

24. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

25. Daws001 macrumors 6502

Daws001