Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Debuts Three Apple Watch Ads: 'Rise', 'Up' and 'Us'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Hours before the Apple Watch is set to officially launch, Apple has debuted three new ads called "Rise", "Up" and "Us". The three ads focus on the three aspects of the device CEO Tim Cook highlighted when the Apple Watch was first introduced: a device that helps you with time, a comprehensive health and fitness device and an intimate communication device.

The final ad, "Us", has people using the Watch's communication features, including the ability to draw pictures, send animated emojis, and send heart beats and taps to the wrists of other Apple Watch users. Interestingly, the ad also features people spending time with each other and paying attention to the world around them, illustrating how the Watch could free some users from their phones.

All three ads end similarly, declaring that "the Watch is here". Thus far, Apple's marketing campaign for the Apple Watch has focused on getting the device on the wrists of athletes, models and other celebrities for maximum exposure. Moving forward, it appears Apple will begin making a case for how the Apple Watch will be used by most people.

Article Link: Apple Debuts Three Apple Watch Ads: 'Rise', 'Up' and 'Us'

mejsric

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2013
great ads... Just watching these ads.. I can predict.. In the future.. We can't live without a smartwatch.. Just like smartphones today..

Last edited:
Comment

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Girl In the First Video...

... is she about to do a walk of shame?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 5.03.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 5.03.36 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 483
Comment

Jacquesvw

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
These ads are way too civilized for me, I want Apple to make fun of Samsung Gear and Motorola Moto 360... just kidding, these ads are great.

Comment

daniel4

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
New York
The "Us" ad is quite excellent. Lots of emotion, good, bad, and connecting with people. Great job Apple!

Comment

RayDonovan

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
These are really great ads! That music makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :p

Until i remember that my watch is shipping in June and then i lose my ****!

Last edited:
Comment

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
The "US" ad is horrible, its like "sending the message" of reasons not to actual talk to one another.

also lol at the "time to stand up" and she randomly stands up in the metro scene in the 2nd ad

Comment

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Engaging, beautiful and informative. It has been a long time since Apple have made an advert that is not full of self indulgence.

Comment

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Love it that Apple's ads focus on the product and not the competition.

Comment

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
The watch is here! The watch is here! Um...it's a friggin watch people. Lol. Seriously. I'm an Apple fan, but even I think these ads have an overblown sense of self importance.

Comment

RayDonovan

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
The watch is here! The watch is here! Um...it's a friggin watch people. Lol. Seriously. I'm an Apple fan, but even I think these ads have an overblown sense of self importance.

It's called marketing. How else to you expect people to find out about it? Not everyone lurks around on mac forums like we do.

Comment

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Great ads, they show how the watch will seamlessly blend into peoples lives.

Comment

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Noticed the ads all had average weather, and definitely noticed no rain or water. Weather is unpredictable. Im still shocked a watch this price is not waterproof.

Comment

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011
Oh myy gawdd :eek: !! Great ads, haven't ordered one yet waiting for the reviews from consumers (MacRumors comments) but these ads do their job well!

Comment

filthysin

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Austin, TX
Noticed the ads all had average weather, and definitely noticed no rain or water. Weather is unpredictable. Im still shocked a watch this price is not waterproof.

I could be wrong, but I think rain would fall into the water "resistant" category. My iPhone is not waterproof but it has seen it's share of rain without any issues.

Comment

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
If marketing works?

Well. First I thought. Jesus this Apple Watch is ugly, totally overpriced, nerdy and useless #

Now I Think. Im weak and easy and love the darn thing #

Comment

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I turned off soon as he rolled over to turn the alarm off and I saw the recharging cable.

Comment

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008

It's water resistant from what I've heard so it should be all right in rainfall, but as always just use your common sense and don't do things like use it in heavy rain or take it with you to into the sea for a swim.

I guess we'll see a lot of tests hit Youtube over the coming days, including how water resistant it actually is.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.