Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebenton

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
Nothing exciting about moving daily cash into a 2.3% apy. Those using the Apple Card might as well apply it to their balance.
You are not limited to Daily Cash for deposits.You can also move money from you linked account - I'm assuming there are no limits on this.

Reactions: BF1M

mikebenton

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
I'm curious if there any access restrictions on the account. The Apple verbiage states it's limited to account owner and any co-owner. This is not the label that Apple uses in Family Sharing - it has my daughter as 'Participant'. I added my daughter because she's young and I want to help her build credit, but that doesn't mean I want her having access to my savings account. She can't see all my account details, and only sees her transactions. Not sure what this means for the savings account.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
Don’t you get it!? It’s almost the holidays of course we don’t want you to save up. We will enable the feature in 16.2 due in January 2023…AFTER the holidays!

• Haha
Reactions: Apple$

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Story of apple recently. Announce features and then delay them and delay them and delay them.
Recently? Story of Apple under Cook. Since day 1. He can’t get anything ready in time or any new innovations SINCE DAY 1 so he makes announcements at these Apple events so they have something to announce or else the event would need to be canceled. Apple is a **** show just as it was the day he took over and his first priority was down sizing the staffing at genius bars. He thinks about $ not product or innovation.

Reactions: dantracht

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Recently? Story of Apple under Cook. Since day 1. He can’t get anything ready in time or any new innovations SINCE DAY 1 so he makes announcements at these Apple events so they have something to announce or else the event would need to be canceled. Apple is a **** show just as it was the day he took over and his first priority was down sizing the staffing at genius bars. He thinks about $ not product or innovation.
Jobs was making a product to sell. He demanded precision and believed in ‘it just works.” He measured success in making a product that was popular because it worked.

Cook inherited a product with momentum that sold itself. Cook’s measure of success is driving up sales. When success is measured in driving up sales then the product’s precision suffers. This is the state Cook and Apple is in.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SR 7

SnappleRumors

Suspended
Aug 22, 2022
Wow, you were really salivating over that $.02 you were going to make and now have to do without. If you need some food, let me know and I'll send you a dime. Have a really fabulous day.

My father said, “there’s nothing wrong with being poor, but it’s nothing to be proud of.”

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Wow, you were really salivating over that $.02 you were going to make and now have to do without. If you need some food, let me know and I'll send you a dime. Have a really fabulous day.

My father said, “there’s nothing wrong with being poor, but it’s nothing to be proud of.”
How do people feel good about themselves saying stuff like this to someone?

glenncashuric

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2019
On the bright side, they DID finally get that phone number notification off my dock on MacOS. It was like a fly outside my window. Maybe this took up all of their available programming time.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
High yield? I’ll believe it when I see it. Most credit unions do offer a high yield checking account that offers over a 4% interest rate on balances in the account up to a certain level. Those are actually a pretty good deal if you manage it right. I have my paycheck direct deposited into it and I transfer my Apple Cash to that account daily and keep enough in there to qualify for the higher interest rate without carrying so high of a balance that I stop getting the really good rate.

When I get close to a balance high enough that it would forgo the high rate that’s when I transfer some of it it to my credit unions saving account which they also refer to as high yield but it’s about half the rate of the checking account. Once moved to savings it stays there and I only move money back into checking if I have room to move some back out and cash in on the higher rate. That happens when I dip into my personal savings for things then replenish it over time.

My wife and I have joint savings and retirement accounts that we both pay into and certain bills we split down the middle. We have our own personal checking, savings and credit card accounts we keep in our own names. Our pay checks and bonuses are deposited into our personal accounts. What we make and what we spend it on outside of the agreed upon joint expenses isn’t each others business. It works well. We don’t fight about money and have never done so once. If she or I want to work more and make more to save or spend on whatever it’s our own business. I don’t get these couples with one set of accounts who go over each others expenses with a fine tooth comb. No thanks. It’s my money and I’ll spend it on whatever I want so long as I’m splitting the bills and not wracking up debt in both of our names. The same goes with her. Those I know who put it all into one big pot usually fight about it when there’s a saver and a spender. That wouldn’t fly for me.

I doubt whatever account is offered here has a rate at or above 4% which is a joke considering what the fed has done recently. The financial institutions are happy to jack up their loan rates and credit card APRs but are loathe to do the same for savings accounts, money market accounts, etc.

Last edited:

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Apple is late to the game. It no longer pays to be a bank and most banks don’t even want people’s money. Short term US treasuries now pay more than any bank and the interest is free from state tax.

Charlesrfinal

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2021
Apple product and service announcements are going the way of Tesla these days.

Wonder if the feature will ever appear.

Still waiting since 2020 for that fleet of Tesla Semis lol.

Reactions: jwilson25

jmarsh5

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2022
I mean sure, yes, that is frustrating. But would you prefer the alternative? Google releases half-baked products all of the time and kills them off 5 years later.
Story of apple recently. Announce features and then delay them and delay them and delay them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.