Apple Demands Prototype iPhone Back

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
Here is a picture of the letter sent to Gizmodo

and here is the link to the article

uh ohhh this might be the Real iPhone 4G coming this June/July...

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Can't thet at least do a proper teardown (or let iFixit do one) before they give it back?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
What I'm thinking is since Apple wants the phone back that means it's the real iPhone 4G, if it was just another mock up than Apple wouldn't care, but I guess it is the real deal.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
What I'm thinking is since Apple wants the phone back that means it's the real iPhone 4G, if it was just another mock up than Apple wouldn't care, but I guess it is the real deal.
No, it just means it belongs to Apple. That has nothing to do with whether or not this is what the shipping product will look like. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. But this doesn't tell us anything about that.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
www.macrumors.com
Apple Demands Prototype iPhone Back

If there were any remaining doubters about the authenticity of the prototype iPhone that was leaked earlier today, Gizmodo has posted a letter from Apple demanding the device back. The letter may seem like an odd admission by Apple, but apparently was required by Gizmodo to return the device.

Apple reportedly called Gizmodo earlier today after the the images of the unreleased device were posted to the internet. The prototype iPhone was reportedly left at a bar by an Apple employee. The letter readers:
It has come to our attention that GIZMODO is current in possession of a device that belongs to Apple. This letter constitutes a formal request that you return the device to Apple. Please let us know where to pick up the unit.
The letter is signed by Apple's Senior Vice President & General Counsel Bruce Sewell.

Article Link: Apple Demands Prototype iPhone Back

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
strange and perplexing

This story gets stranger more and more. If true apple is been very civil about the whole things, strange to see apple just basically asking for it back. No demands or punitive damages, just, "hey can we have it back"

mgcbp7

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
PA
This story just keeps getting crazier!
I hope there's still some excitement left at WWDC!

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
If this was a controlled leak Apple went through. I hope it was becuase then that mean the real iPhone would be even more impressive!!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
The final product will probably be different...we still have a while to go before it gets announced!

apttap

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
Dammit

I was hoping apple would just keep their mouths shut. Now I don't have anything to look forward to.:mad:

Durendal

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2003
Visit site
Haha, nice. Looking forward to getting one of these.

As for the poor guy who lost that phone...well, I don't think there will be much left of him to find. Steve will take his organs, wear his face like a mask, and devour the rest.