Apple Developing TV Show Starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 8, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is developing a new TV show that will star Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Described as a "morning show drama," the series will star Witherspoon and Aniston as morning talk show hosts, taking a look into the "cutthroat world" of morning TV.

[​IMG]
    Reports suggested Apple was in a bidding war for the Aniston/Witherspoon show back in September, and it appears the company won out over competitors like Netflix and Showtime. While there's no script available for the show at this time, Apple has inked a deal for two seasons, each with 10 episodes.

Aniston and Witherspoon will star, executive produce, and co-own the upcoming show alongside Media Res, the company that will produce it for Apple. The series is written by Jay Carson, known for his work on House of Cards.

The new morning show drama is Apple's second series that's currently in development. Apple in October inked a deal with Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and Comcast's NBC Universal to create new episodes of sci-fi series "Amazing Stories." "Amazing Stories," created by Spielberg, originally ran on NBC from 1985 to 1987.

Apple so far has released two original television shows, "Planet of the Apps" and "Carpool Karaoke: The Series." Both of those shows aired exclusively on Apple Music, but it's not yet clear if Apple will also make its higher-profile content available solely on Apple Music or if it will also be accessible on iTunes.

Apple's push into original content is being led by former Sony executives Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht, who joined Apple back in June. Van Amburg and Erlicht, who helped produce shows like "Breaking Bad," "The Crown," and "Better Call Saul," are running Apple's video programming efforts on a worldwide scale under iTunes chief Eddy Cue. Apple has also made several other video hires in recent months as it aims to better compete with companies like Netflix and Amazon.

Article Link: Apple Developing TV Show Starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston

2. farewelwilliams macrumors 65816

plot is going to explain how jennifer aniston hasn't aged.

3. hawkeye_a macrumors 6502a

hawkeye_a

It's getting more difficult to be an Apple fan these days.

4. bobdobalina macrumors 6502

OMG, this is so much more interesting than the Paradise Papers revelations!!

5. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

6. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Jennifer Aniston was perfect on Friends and still looks great, but she’s made a long string of really terrible movies. Anything with her in it, I avoid like the plague, along with Kate Hudson (Almost Famous excepted). So I don’t have a lot of confidence in her taste of projects. Reese Witherspoon has an only slightly better track record.

But hey, as long as it’s “family friendly”, that’s all that matters, right?

7. travelsheep, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

travelsheep macrumors regular

travelsheep

8. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

All this and Drake too. What a time to be alive.

9. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

Finally my time to head to Microsoft again thank god the Surface Book 2 is decent.

10. DaveOP macrumors 65816

If you're making computer purchasing decisions based on a TV show, you should consider your priorities, in my opinion.

11. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

12. busyscott macrumors regular

busyscott

Apples content strategy makes no sense to me. Are you in or are you out? This “undecided” mentality is just really annoying...

13. jdillings macrumors 65816

14. WinstonRumfoord macrumors 6502

They should have them try to develop apps and make a non-fiction show out of it.

15. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

You’re about 5 comments to late.

16. TomaxXamot macrumors regular

TomaxXamot

How cutthroat is it going to be if Apple is still making all their initial shows as family friendly as possible?

17. kemal macrumors 6502a

kemal

I would still buy a Mac Pro Modular from this company.

18. Telos101 macrumors regular

Telos101

They are both decent actors in their own right.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

19. SeattleMoose macrumors 65816

This has "PC" written all over it. Please try harder.

20. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I’m not following what one has to do with the other.

21. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Ehh it’s still easy for me. I don’t like everything they do, but inevitably they’re larger and more popular than ever now so things were bound to change.

22. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

And you know this how? If this report is right Netflix and others were bidding on it.

23. lunarworks macrumors 6502a

24. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Even their name is stupid. What does it have to do with Apple MUSIC. They continue their mess that is iTunes in the content world. Even Apple Stream would have made more sense lol