Apple Developing TV Show Starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 8, 2017.

1. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

"Use Your iPhone X to Take Your Own Mugshot" ??

2. TallManNY macrumors 601

TallManNY

Well I for one can't see how having Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston around could possibly be at all distracting.

And entering into a bidding war for a concept without a script seems like an excellent road to high margin return on capital. I mean if all you have to do is outbid Netflix, who spends their way into unprofitability nearly every year, then it really is an easy road to high returns.

3. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68000

bladerunner2000

It's been like that since Apple started selling disposable laptops in 2013 with their soldered RAM. They don't respect consumers (you).

4. bdkennedy1 macrumors 65816

5. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

Rachel and Jill Green are back together again!

If you're finding it difficult to be an Apple fan because of a show that you'll never watch, you might want to take a good hard look at why you consider yourself a fan to begin with.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

So, there are episodes about Botox, then?

7. TreyCox macrumors regular

I look forward to it. I don't understand all of the complaining. More choice is better for everyone.

8. gatearray macrumors 65816

The original Amazing Stories sucked, cool name and intro but that's it.

Anyway, what should we do if Spielberg turns out to be the next Weinstein, boycott the iPhone? It's a slippery slope to enter into a scumbag business, Tim.

9. KingslayerG5 macrumors 6502a

KingslayerG5

Reese looks kinda like my aunt except my aunt's chin isn't long at all.

Jennifer A is someone I fell for since the short-lived Ferris Bueller TV show on NBC. She portrayed the sister. Never cared for her in Friends.

I didn't see Jen as a brunette until Horrible Bosses 1 & 2 where she was so hot in them as some hilarious nympho. I prefer if she keeps her hair dark to make those blue contact lenses sparkle.

1990 Jen A is my fav. Then Horrible Bosses brunette.
    [​IMG]

10. Bollockser macrumors regular

I dont even like Apple. Just the Macintosh. Otherwise I'd be done with them.

11. hawkeye_a macrumors 6502a

hawkeye_a

It's not just the show. The show is just the "symptom"; the manifestation of a problem. It's the "new culture" at Apple, and IMHO it's getting worse as the days go by. This isn't the Apple I knew and "cared about". /end rant

12. ppdix macrumors 6502a

ppdix

13. Mirice99 macrumors member

14. nutriousmitten macrumors regular

"Cut throat" is far too objective a term for Apple to use.
    " 'Shut up'.
    'No, you shut up'" is about as edgy as Apple appears to be with its offering. This is the company that delayed carpool Karaoke for months because they felt something was offensive or not PC or diverse enough and wasn't able to be easily edited out in production.

15. rpat701 macrumors member

Gotten better with age you mean.

16. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I am weary of Apple getting into the content game, but I hope it works out.

17. WWPD macrumors regular

WWPD

I want to see an Apple produced Leprechaun sequel!
    [​IMG]

18. seanbperiod macrumors member

How does one even watch the show? Is it only for Apple Music subscribers? Or do I have to pay for each episode from iTunes? I get that Apple wants in on content distribution, but I'm not paying them a monthly fee for a music service I don't care about just to watch 1 show.

Unless they start becoming the next Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, I'll wait for it to be uploaded on bit torrent.

19. wigby macrumors 65816

These two are the reigning queens of bad rom com movies so the only thing that will save this project is if it has an edge. Apple will never meet their subscriber base goals if they keep playing it safe by Disneyfying all their content.

20. mgauss7 macrumors member

mgauss7

Should add Megyn kelly for balance.

21. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

22. autrefois macrumors 65816

autrefois

I'm curious, is there a reason why the headline says Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, but then the pictures are in the opposite order? Or is that just how it worked out without planning it that way? They do this in movie posters all the time (I doubt it's an accident on these since I'm sure a lot of planning and time go into these before they're released). It drives me crazy!

23. Moonlight macrumors 6502a

Moonlight

So much pop culture push back in here..calm down everyone. Your Mac will not run any worse because of this.

24. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

I concede that Eddy Cue isn't going anywhere. He might even be more valuable than many of us think. Fine. Allow him to spearhead all the new Apple Music content to his heart's desire, but for the love of God, please, please, please remove iWork and iLife apps from his supervision. Siri transitioned to Craig Federighi's software group—so should Apple's productivity and creativity apps.

25. stevie grant macrumors member

Does either show come with a time machine to beam back to a time when both were relevant?