Apple Developing TV Show Starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 8, 2017.

1. cote32mt macrumors newbie

cote32mt

Yes everyone - don’t watch it if you don’t want to and let it meet its fate.

2. PickUrPoison macrumors 6502a

Or 4 years, but who’s counting lol? Today’s CPUs aren’t much faster than 3 years ago, are they?

Apple made a decision to drop server support from the mini in 2014 and target it at the lower end of consumer requirements. The $699 mini still serves that purpose well.

You and I would prefer a more powerful mini. The mini sells in the single digit percentages of Mac sales, so I hope Apple thinks it’s worth carrying that business, at it’s rather low revenue/ profit level. We probably represent what, maybe 25% of the mini’s 3 or 4% overall market share?

3. VMMan macrumors 6502a

Steve Jobs once said that Microsoft’s only problem was that they had “no taste”.

.................. I can’t even finish this comment on how lame Apple has become.

4. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

I’m trying to understand Apple’s strategy here. The notion that this content will be used to bolster Apple Music just doesn’t make any sense. That service is doing well on its own, dumping more money into it for essentially no return isn’t logical.

What could make sense is that Apple may be prepping to launch a TV streaming service. If it combines existing iTunes TV show content with these original series for a simple subscription fee it could be very interesting.

5. faded_glory macrumors member

faded_glory

There's no law that says you must like everything Apple do.

Personally I like the hardware very much and macOS/iOS are a delight to use.
    If Apple think that making TV will be as easy they are in for a shock. Hardware is age-neutral, in that one is free to do whatever one's age is interested in with it. TV is hardcoded and another brightly coloured, family friendly, oh so safe TV show with overpaid Hollywood celebrities is about as needed as the return of small pox. If they go edgy they'll get slammed by families. If they go soft edged they'll be slammed by those who want edge. If they go non-political it'll be saccharin and if they go political it'll be partisan. If they go environmental it'll be preachy. TV is a minefield and the audience has changed and is changing dramatically in both what it wants and will put up with.
    I think Apple should avoid content creation like the plague.

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

And alas I really wanted the headline to be Apple developing iMac mini and Mac Pro .... we don't get most of the stuff Apple has done on TV, has there been anything good states side?

7. PickUrPoison macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Apple Video, streaming like Netflix, Amazon and others. They’ll license some existing content, both TV and film but I’m not sure it can ever be the “all iTunes content” all you can eat model that some want. They’d have to charge... well, who knows? maybe $80 per month, maybe more, to get the studios onboard in upending the PPV movie rental model.

And in addition to destroying the rental model, who would actually ever buy content, when you could flat-fee stream everything for one monthly fee? But if anyone can make it happen, it’s Apple. (And it would be expensive.)

8. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I was referring to that poster's reference to a Mac Mini update in 2019, not the current debacle.

9. zoozx macrumors 6502

zoozx

10. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Gawrsh Apple... with all your money, why not dig up the bones of Dean Martin or Fred Astaire and re-animate the corpses to dance around for your propaganda, I mean, our pleasure.

Dead culture being stirred up due to lily livered execs who don't understand the strata of culture. If you aren't creating the new culture, you are merely regurgitating the past and getting crushed under the wheel of time.

11. sittnick macrumors member

I always thought that Jennifer was a Windows girl.
    [​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---

12. AmazingRobie macrumors member

Dear sir/madam, i respectfully disagree. You are unfortunately, incorrect. All Apple products are running alot worse due to nonsense like this, carpool karaoke, anything w/ gwyneth paltrow, and carte blanche for corporate hacks masquerading as musicians like Drake. Apple should spend more money on making reliable longer lasting upgradeable products that won't end up in a landfill after 24 months and less on trying to pull new demographics for existing disposable garbage offerings and the system would right itself. Period. Also, Tim Cook should shut his face about politics and try being a competent CEO instead of using his position as a platform to voice his opinion about things unrelated to technology, but something tells me the politics is only a diversion from the fact that he doesn't have the ability to fulfill that role. I do not like politics, but at least enjoy technology, but that is growing increasing more difficult with every passing day. Carry on...

13. blacktape242 macrumors 65816

blacktape242

I hope thats sarcasm.

14. PickUrPoison macrumors 6502a

You have a lot of anger and unhappiness, which would likely increase if you were to purchase Apple products. I don’t think buying Apple will be good for you. There are many other manufacturers you would probably enjoy much more.

Apple isn’t the right choice for everyone.

15. farmboy macrumors 6502a

farmboy

Absolutely. Money for nothin and chicks for free. What could go wrong?

16. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

What I mean is that some here consider negative views on Apple as "whining" even though such negative views could be reasonably justified. I think just because someone might have a negative opinion on Apple it is not "whining" but rather stating one's opinion.

17. AmazingRobie macrumors member

Say what you will about me, but has anything thats been said about cr-apple incorrect? Absolutely not.
    Apple sets the example with which most people judge the "other manufacturers" that you speak of.

So what does it say about the state of the industry when the CEO and leader in global high-end electronics cares more about churning out pap for the unwashed masses and voicing their own political and social agendas rather than making sure the components in their flagship products doesnt fail and cause thousands of hours of inconvenience for its user base having to deal with trying to get problems addressed.

I also own nothing but apple products which gives me all of the confidence to know that what i say is the truth and im prolly much older than you which means ive seen the apple experience degrade over time.

Ive witnessed first hand most of the recalls and failures purchased from this company and also their denial of wrongdoing and eventual addressing of many technical issues concerning hardware, so lob as many personal insults as you like, people know the truth when they hear it and theres nothing you or anyone can do to change that.

18. Moonlight macrumors 6502a

Moonlight

LOL, correlation does not imply causation. Even if you REALLY want it to. And it sounds like you do.