Apple Discontinues Higher-End Ceramic Apple Watch Models With Launch of Series 6

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the launch of the Apple Watch Series 6, Apple has discontinued the higher-end premium ceramic Apple Watch models that were previously available.

Apple Watch Series 6 materials include aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium, which was introduced last year, but no ceramic. The aluminum models come in silver, gold, and space gray, plus there are new blue and (PRODUCT)RED color options.

The stainless steel models are available in graphite, silver and gold, while the titanium models are available in space black and silver. Apple’s titanium Apple Watch models are now its most expensive, priced starting at $799 for a 40mm with the most inexpensive band.

Aluminum Apple Watch models are priced starting at $399, while stainless steel models are priced starting at $699. Apple also introduced the lower-cost Apple Watch SE, priced starting at $279, and the Apple Watch Series 3 continues to be available for $199.

Article Link: Apple Discontinues Higher-End Ceramic Apple Watch Models With Launch of Series 6

JediStreamer

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2020
I have Space Black Series 5. I will go for the Gold Stainless Series 6 this time. I hope it's not too different shade from Series 4/5.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
As someone else alluded to, and absolutely stunning watch with amazing durability, but the price point is just absurd, when this probably appeal to less than 1% of the Apple Watch demographic.

Moi Ici

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
I would truly be shocked if they got rid of the sapphire front glass on the higher end models... that's one of the main reasons people even buy the SS.
Exactly, all my SS watches bodies have been scratched to near death, but the sapphire glass on all of them remained absolutely perfect. Would not buy without sapphire glass, (unless they have some other magic glass that doesn’t scratch and pit)

Apple-is-Cool

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2003
SoCal
Exactly, all my SS watches bodies have been scratched to near death, but the sapphire glass on all of them remained absolutely perfect. Would not buy without sapphire glass, (unless they have some other magic glass that doesn’t scratch and pit)
100%, I was ready to upgrade from my Ceramic Series 3 but can't find any info about sapphire screen on the new models.

Reactions: Alex 88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.