Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Fitness+ Promotion Ramps Up as Launch Approaches

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Promotion for Apple Fitness+ is ramping up, with advertising initiatives and teases from instructors being spotted on social media, indicating that the new subscription service may be launching imminently.

MacRumors reader Chris Weaver spotted that Best Buy has started advertising six-month free trials of Apple Fitness+ with Apple Watch purchases. The advert suggests that retailers have started to actively promote Apple Fitness+, meaning that the service's launch is likely to follow soon.

Moreover, Apple Fitness+ instructors have begun promoting their workout videos on Instagram. The posts, spotted by 9to5Mac, involve images of Apple Fitness+ instructors with captions saying they are in the process of recording workouts and that the service is launching "soon." The posts each use the hashtag #CloseYourRings and mention the @AppleFitnessPlus account.

Instructors Kim Ngo, Betina Gozo, Amir Ekbatani, Scott Carvin, Bakari Williams, Jhon Gonzalez, Emily Fayette, Josh Crosby, Jessica Skye, Jamie-Ray Hartshorne, Kyle Ardill, Ben Allen, Kym Perfetto, Tyrell Désean, Sherica Holmon, LaShawn Jones, Dustin Brown, Sam Sanchez, Gregg Cook, Molly Fox, and Anja Garcia have all made posts on Instagram teasing the launch of the new subscription service.

Apple has said that Fitness+ will launch before the end of 2020, but no exact release date has been confirmed. With the end of the year approaching in less than five weeks, and in light of these promotional social media posts and adverts, the launch of Apple Fitness+ appears to be imminent. There have also been hints that the service will arrive alongside iOS 14.3 and watchOS 7.2.

Apple first announced Fitness+ alongside the Apple Watch Series 6. Priced at $9.99 per month and included in the highest tier Apple One bundle, Fitness+ is designed to help Apple Watch users keep fit through a series of guided workouts.

Workouts sync to an Apple TV, iPhone, or iPad, so you can see your progress on the screen, and there are multiple workout categories to choose from, including Cycling, Treadmill, Rowing, HIIT, Strength, Yoga, Dance, and Core. Check out our Fitness+ guide for more on Apple's upcoming service.

Article Link: Apple Fitness+ Promotion Ramps Up as Launch Approaches

Reactions: GadgetBen

Baymowe335

macrumors 604
Oct 6, 2017
I am genuinely surprised how much outside motivation people need to take care of their own bodies.

I‘m not surprised this take is unpopular. I do hope Fitness+ is successful, but it’s just another workout program and diet kick people go on and ultimately quit or don’t use.

Last edited:
Comment

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
I currently have a Peloton and pay $36/month for a service I admittedly barely use. It appears as though Fitness+ has spin lessons - this would save me a ton of money.

I too have Peloton but I wonder how the spin class would work with the original bike recognising the cadence / resistance metrics output from the sensors?

Not sure it would, perhaps on the Bike+ as it has GymKit.

Last edited:
Reactions: X5-452
Comment

chucker23n1

macrumors 601
Dec 7, 2014
I wonder which of these services will survive after things go back to normal. Peloton should be a little worried about Apple eating into their product.
Peloton can survive if they double down on the higher market segment.

Comment

CouldBeWorse

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
I wonder which of these services will survive after things go back to normal. Peloton should be a little worried about Apple eating into their product.
Apple doesn’t need these services to do well. They have enough money to prop them up as loss leaders. That is a luxury most other companies don’t have.

Reactions: Stargher
Comment

Phil77354

Contributor
Jun 22, 2014
Eastern Washington State
If / when you upgrade to the Premier level of the new Apple One, it includes this Apple Fitness+ automatically (I think), once it is available.

I upgraded my own account this weekend since the package plan for my family was going to be the same price as I was already paying for the Apple TV+ and Apple News+.

Reactions: NameRequired
Comment

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I had a dream that it launches next week and Apple also release Fitness+ dumbbells that track your intensity.

Why I didn't dream they released a treadmill or bike I don't know.
Bike and Treadmill will be for your Fitness Pro Max dream.

Comment

Karllake

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2012
I suspect that fitness+ will be part of apples Xmas gift in the form of free trial period in all participating countries. This will drive use and help people work off those extract holiday calories.

Reactions: Stargher
Comment

nexusrule

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Can’t be O2, that’s one of the biggest mobile networks here in Europe. In Europe we also have a TV network called ITV which is why Apple TV never got called iTV even after it was announced by that name. We just have to ruin everything don’t we 😋

Actually when they initially presented it as iTV I remember they also said it was temporary name.

Comment

Baymowe335

macrumors 604
Oct 6, 2017
What kind of holier-than-thou nonsense are you spewing in here?
Call it what you want...I’m right. I knew it’d be unpopular, but people need to do a lot better and it needs to come from within. Fitness+ is fine, but motivation from outside only goes so far. Most people get on these kicks, get bored, and go back to unhealthy living.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.