Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has today announced that its fitness subcription service, Apple Fitness+, is set to launch on Monday, December 14.

Apple-Fitness-Plus-Feature.jpg

Apple Fitness+ syncs information from your Apple Watch with the workout video on an ‌Apple TV‌, ‌iPad‌, or iPhone. This allows users to see their heart rate, calories burned, and activity rings as they follow the moves from the instructors on screen.

Fitness+ includes workouts for yoga, cycling, dance, strength, core, HIIT, rowing, and more. Apple noted that many of the workouts do not need any equipment, and at most just require a set of dumbbells.

The service will be refreshed with new workouts every week. Users will also be able to choose custom music while exercising, with options that sync with Apple Music.

Fitness+ will be located in the Fitness app on iOS, and there will be a new app for the ‌Apple TV‌. The service costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year. Apple is offering three free months of Apple Fitness+ with new Apple Watch purchases. It is also part of the Apple One Premier bundle for $29.99.

Apple Fitness+ will launch in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand on Monday, December 14.

Article Link: Apple Fitness+ to Launch Monday, December 14

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
So to use it with a TV you need an Apple TV box or a smart TV that supports Airplay 2?

Comment

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
I'm assuming I need to setup a different user on my apple TV for my wife to be able to use this.

Comment

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
All I want is first person video that moves at the rate I ride, run, or row.

Comment

edwrap

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
Nothing about multi-user support for group workouts, so I’m assuming that won’t be there at launch.

Also mentions weekly updates but nothing beyond that about how much content is actually there. If I want to do two or three of a specific workout type and difficulty per week, I hope there’s enough so I’m seeing something new every time.

Reactions: eroyce
Comment

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
All I want is first person video that moves at the rate I ride, run, or row.
I've thought about this for a few years. A VR headset with google street view. Map out a route ahead of time. I don't even care if it moves at my speed. Let me set a preset speed, say 15 MPH for cycling, and let me ride that route in VR. It would be amazing.

Comment

as4life

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Currently have the peloton app which is great with my stationary bike. Curious if fitness+ will support Bluetooth cadence sensor like the peloton app

Reactions: mikosk
Comment

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Can’t you use your phone also?
I won’t use this unless I can use it on my 50” TV. I have an Apple TV box. Hopefully more smart TVs will adopt airplay. I wonder if Apple could make an app for Roku similar to the TV app or if it requires an Apple chip to work.

Comment

BiggiePhat

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Why is it so hard to find a fitness app with a great Outdoor Run Program?

Peloton rarely releases some and Fitness+ doesn't even mention them?

Reactions: CaptFuzzyBuns
Comment

Oman

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
Well, I guess I will order an Apple Watch Series 6 now, I have been on Series 2 since they were introduced but Apple in their infinite wisdom and Capitalist Ambition made it such that Fitness+ require an Apple Watch Series 3 or better.

damn!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.