Apple getting blasted on the news.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vikingjunior, Oct 4, 2011.

1. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

The bad thing about being top dog is your under a microscope and the news outlets are just blasting Apple about the 4s.

One local News channel in NYC called it iLame 4s

Very bad press day for Apple.

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Look what happened to the 3GS, this is expected now, and news outlets can just go pound sand. Why not blast Apple for only spec bumping the MacBook Pro instead of redesigning it again?

3. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Despite all the bad press, the phone will still sell extremely well. :p

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Eh. They thought the iPad was stupid too. Buncha dumbasses.

5. fanboy05 macrumors regular

fanboy05

IMO they deserve every bit of it. 16 months of time to prepare for a phone, and they could have done so much better IMO.

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

By the way, anyone else miss the days when news was actually... news, and not opinion?

7. tegedrex macrumors member

They deserve every bit of critical response. Today's event was very underwhelming and far from "magical".

8. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

Once again they were preparing the software and not the hardware. The 4S could've been released at WWDC had iCloud and iOS 5 been ready.

On top of this people need to stop acting as though three to four extra months is a lifetime.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

+1

Interesting that there's no links to substantiate this thread. I'm supposed to take some phantom media outlets ranting as the consensus opinion about the iPhone 4S?

No thanks.

11. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Even the knowledgable and usually Apple-friendly WSJ is pounding (rightfully of course) Apple and Tim Cook for the major disappointment.

Bloomberg said it right though: iPhone 4S is a major disappointment, but it's still going to sell well and still keep the momentum strong for Apple.

12. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Though I do agree, 16 Months is a long time.
    But Think about the Software they worked on. That's what took so long. iOS5 is going to be incredible.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well lets face it. the iPhone4S is pretty under welming. Its hardware is at best 6 months old already. It screen size is well below what the average user wants and by all accounts it is a tiny screen.
    Its "must have" feature of voice assistant is pretty poor.
    It wireless speed is that of phones release back in spring and from my understanding it is not even HSPA+. They have the download side but lack the upload side of it and even then there already are faster ones on the market in the HSPA+ category.

It already clear that the Nexus Prime will have a better screen that is going to be at around 320ppi and true 720p (leak image today).

It is very underwhelming and it is coming out of the gate outdated.

It is in the tech world.

14. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Yeah now I get to go into work tomorrow and have everyone come up to me like I had a death in the family. They will all assume that im disappointed in the new phone because the 5 o clock news told them I was. Little do they know ill be staying up til 3am 2 nights from now to pre order the most expensive model.

Would I have been ok with a redesign and bigger screen? Sure. But I'm not disappointed because in the grand scheme of things the 4S is a very good upgrade. All the internals of the phone have been upgraded, It got more capacity, along with iOS5 its going to feel very different and work much better. Plus as a fan of apple Im excited about it going to sprint. not because I would EVER switch to sprint but because it gives the iPhone more room to expand.

15. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Fortunately people with money don't watch the news, so maybe at least apple gets some free 3gs out to the news watchers.

16. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

16 months is an eternity in the tech world.

You deserve to get the crap kicked out of you if the best you can do with limitless resources and access to top people in the industry is a shoving a new chip in an old and tired design.

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

What Apple really revealed today is they only do things in their time and care about profit margins. They don't cater to geeks. They care about money and if it just works for everybody including grandmothers. Never been a spec battle for them and I figure had they increased the screen size, they didn't want to lose ppi and create another fragmentation with the apps if it had a different resolution. People are mostly pissed with a few omissions like screen, design, and NOT changing it from 4 to 5. But everything inside has improved.

The 4S isn't a bad phone considering 4 was a great and popular one to begin with. You criticize the 4S, you are criticizing the 4 which looks exactly the same and internally worse. A contradiction there.

Apple still got bad press from Antennagate last year and they still made BILLIONS off that 4 model. But there is a feeling that Apple will NEVER be the same without Steve Jobs. This is the early signs for it. That keynote was snoozefest. Everytime Tim, Phil, or Scott talked on stage, you can hear Apple's stock drop.

18. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Apple doesn't have to give these morons anything. They're the problem. It used to be news organizations reported actual news. Now even the big boys are knee deep in speculating and they're the first morons to come out against Apple, who never promised anything they didn't deliver, as if Apple's supposed to live up to some 3D rendering from an "unnamed but accurate source"

iPhone 4S is going to do GREAT because most people using smartphones don't want them too complex.

we're mainly Geeks and we'll go the extra mile to learn but other people don't care. Give them performance, a decent camera and a good selection of software and they'll be very happy

19. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

[​IMG]

Many of us wanted this, but got the same old same old!

Yeah, they deserve to be raked over the coals!

20. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

They won't be thought because the rest of the world operates in this thing
    called "Reality"

21. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Give it a week. 10 days. They'll be raving about the phone. Seriously - since when does the media get it right? After all, isn't that where the rumors of something other than the 4S got started?

22. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

And what makes you think people want a 4.6" screen on their phone? The sizes of these android handsets is getting ridiculous.

While others are pouting and claiming the 4S it's using outdated tech I'm going to enjoy it. I did not want a larger screen. I did not want first generation LTE.

And three months is really not that long in the tech world as far as Apple's products are concerned.

23. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Yup. And the reality is this --

1. It shouldn't take 16 months to put a new chip into a phone.

2. A flagship product shouldn't go 16 months without a single redesign.

24. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Wah, wah, wah. What a bunch of crybabies...

Bryan

25. brodas macrumors regular

You mean like fake news I mean fox news