Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Again, you missed the point and extrapolated something that's not there. I never said Apple should force the world to take care of USA's AIDS problem. Rather I asked why they're not doing anything to help those suffering from AIDS at home. Why are African people prioritized over those in the United States?

Are you sure they’re not? You’re just attacking Project RED and them selling project RED things because it’s not America first. The AIDS problem in America is way better off than the AIDS problem in Africa. And if you want Apple to focus their money on America, that’s what you’re saying anyway. You think worldwide sales of products should be used to deal with America’s AIDS problem when there have been twice the deaths and more than ten times the people who have AIDS where they’re putting the money.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Again, you missed the point and extrapolated something that's not there. I never said Apple should force the world to take care of USA's AIDS problem. Rather I asked why they're not doing anything to help those suffering from AIDS at home. Why are African people prioritized over those in the United States?

You really have no idea what Apple, as a corporation, has done or will do for people in the US with HIV/AIDS. It's unfair to say that just because they agreed to partner with Product Red that this somehow means they just do NOTHING for anyone in the US.

Reactions: dazzlingirl

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England
I just thought some statistics would make it a little more clear as to why PRODUCT (RED) exists and why it's important. I don't mean to belittle the issues of HIV/AIDS globally, but the issue is still so much worse in Africa because of the lack of provisions to slow it down.

Thank you very much! I am glad that we have people like you in the forum.
Sometimes people tend to forget that "The Great America" was built mainly from immigrants coming from another continents or distant areas.
Thanks for your empiric data tho.
[doublepost=1523362823][/doublepost]S

Sounds pretty "America First" and "Let's make America Great again' to me tho....

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England
You really have no idea what Apple, as a corporation, has done or will do for people in the US with HIV/AIDS. It's unfair to say that just because they agreed to partner with Product Red that this somehow means they just do NOTHING for anyone in the US.

Looking at this persons contributions to the forum, very little (if anything) is remotely constructive. Can’t say I’d expect anything else here!

Reactions: bunnicula

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I would have bought the (PRODUCT)Red version had it been available when the iPhone 8 launched. Well I have the black phone and red case anyway. It does look a lot better with the black bezels than the white!

Reactions: HarryWild

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Ill be getting one.

I love the red and prefer touch ID to face ID.

And I'm glad to be supporting a worthy cause.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I would have bought the (PRODUCT)Red version had it been available when the iPhone 8 launched. Well I have the black phone and red case anyway. It does look a lot better with the black bezels than the white!

If you've got it in a red case, for practical purposes you've got a red phone. :)

TotalAdventure

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2016

Apple today introduced a (PRODUCT)RED edition of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, available to order on Apple.com starting Tuesday, April 10, after 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time, and in Apple Stores starting Friday, April 13.

product-red-iphone-8-and-8-plus.jpg

PRODUCT(RED) editions will be available with 64GB or 256GB storage for the same $699-$849 and $799-$949 prices as the equivalent iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models in space gray, silver, and gold.

Notably, the red finish is complemented by black front bezels, compared to white bezels on the (RED) edition iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Otherwise, these are identical iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models as unveiled last September, with the new color introduced mid-cycle likely only to bolster sales.

Orders begin Tuesday, April 10 after 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time, with deliveries and in-store availability beginning Friday, April 13 at Apple Stores and select authorized resellers in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.

Availability in Brazil, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and other regions will follow later in April, followed by Chile, Colombia, India, Israel, Turkey, and more regions in May.

Apple also introduced a new (PRODUCT)RED edition iPhone X Leather Folio, which will be available for $99 beginning Tuesday, April 10 from Apple.com, Apple Stores, and the Apple Store app around the world.

product-red-iphone-x-leather-folio.jpg

(RED) was founded in 2006 by U2 frontman Bono and activist Bobby Shriver to raise funds for The Global Fund, which helps people affected by HIV or AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria in eight African countries, including Ghana, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Kenya, and Zambia.

(RED) CEO Deborah Dugan:Apple has partnered with (RED) for nearly 12 years to sell a variety of red-colored devices and accessories. For each product sold, Apple makes an unspecified contribution to The Global Fund, raising over $160 million to date.

Apple's vice president of product marketing Greg Joswiak:Apple introduced a (PRODUCT)RED edition iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in March 2017. The special color was discontinued alongside the launch of the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X in September 2017.

Article Link: Apple Introduces (PRODUCT)RED Edition iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, Available to Order April 10
[doublepost=1523462508][/doublepost]Hello Tim ! Is this the best Apple can do these days - coming out with new colors for their toys ? Can we, the developers PLEASE have a MacBook Pro with 64GB RAM or at least 32 ? Newsflash - 4K video can't run on my late 2013 MPB 16/1. Not buying new until at least 32 GB RAM and at least 4 TB hard drive. Would really hate to have to move over to PC world but may be necessary for video editing - shame.

Last edited:

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
lol this is what people who are cheap say

No, this is what people with a brain and two eyes say. :rolleyes:
[doublepost=1523491875][/doublepost]
If Tim Cook was smart, he would have put an extra GB of DRAM into each of these new Red models !

There is a possibility that at least the Red iPhone 8 was bumped-up from 2 GB to 3 GB ... NO ONE should be surprised if that happened !

There is no possibility at all that this mid-cycle color variation, which is being sold at the same price as comparable phones of other colors, got a 50% increase in RAM.

Reactions: kazmac

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
im glad i can afford to just outright buy it rather than complain about the color or having the misfortune of still owning a 6S..... :rolleyes: oh but i come across as content tho....SMH!

AnthonyHarris

Cancelled
Jun 4, 2009
Cambridge, England
64GB RAM in the current MacBook form factor? You'd likely meet a few unicorns and dance with fairies before that happens.

This might be the machine for you? Looks like a tank, but has all you want.
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/meet-the-laptop-with-64gb-ram-5tb-ssd-and-6-usb-ports-798862

[doublepost=1523462508][/doublepost]Hello Tim ! Is this the best Apple can do these days - coming out with new colors for their toys ? Can we, the developers PLEASE have a MacBook Pro with 64GB RAM or at least 32 ? Newsflash - 4K video can't run on my late 2013 MPB 16/1. Not buying new until at least 32 GB RAM and at least 4 TB hard drive. Would really hate to have to move over to PC world but may be necessary for video editing - shame.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Picked up an 8 Plus this morning, 64gb.

She is drop dead gorgeous. I keep taking it out of my pocket to look at her.

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
Went into the local Apple Store yesterday and had a look at the RED 8. The colour is stunning in person. If I had the money spare atm, I'd be upgrading from my 6S.

Reactions: AppleRobert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.