Apple is Insane!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Resist macrumors 68030

This is getting stupid on Apple's part now. Why do they keep insulting Apple fans? They keep releasing products with more memory only months after the products initially come out. This is so lame! Why not just release an iPhone or Touch with memory slots so we can increase the memory ourselves? Oh wait, I forgot Apple is now a company based on greed and not quality products.

All Apple is doing is turning away loyal customers.

Don't buy the 32GB Touch yet as a 64GB will be out this summer and a 128GB will be out for Christmas.

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

You're implying "Don't buy anything because something will eventually come out that is better."

That's silly.

The iPod Touch has been out since September. Apple adding a 32GB iteration is totally acceptable. Heck, they didn't even drop the price on other models.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Because they want more people to buy the products? With your logic, Apple shouldn't even update their own products because they might make people who bought it mad. The people who bought it before will just have to deal with it, and I'm one of those people because I bought an iPhone. I paid for an 8GB iPhone and that's what I got, Apple didn't make me mad because mine isn't the best anymore.

4. TatsuTerror macrumors regular

That's like asking Apple to leave a product as it stands, even when newer technologies come out.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Stoopid profit-making companies that release updates to their product line.

Idjits.

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah...and no one's telling you to buy something the second it comes out, either.

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I am only saying Apple is releasing increased memory Touch's way to soon. They should have released the Touch with 32GB to start with. But instead they are bleeding customers. It would have been better to design the Touch and iPhone with memory slots so we could increase the memory ourselves as flash memory prices drop. I am not happy at having to puchase a Touch all over again just for increased memory. Now if Apple had added improved features to the units besides just memory then I might be inclined to bite.

But this was Apple's plan all along.

8. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Of course you're not, but that's how technology works. It came out 6 months ago. Apple doesn't base their upgrade cycle on when you buy the product.

9. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Don't to sure about that. Apple's business plan has seemed to change since releasing the iPhone.

10. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

This...is...technology. It changes by the day. What did you expect?

Ok, so does the release of the 32GB Touch mean that the 8GB is completely useless now? No. It still works the same, it's still an awesome product. The people who bought the 8GB bought it because they thought 8GB was enough for them. Who's forcing them to get an 8GB. If they want a 32GB, then just wait for a 32GB. No one is forcing anyone to buy something.

11. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Other companies have not done this so quickly! I never said the 8GB Touch was useless but more memory means more storage and is a good thing. Just not so soon.

If the Touch added a camera I might upgrade, but not just for memory.

12. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Oh yes they do. Listen, Apple has not even lowered the price on your 8GB Touch. They have added a ridiculously priced $500 iPod to the lineup. It happens.

13. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

No one's making you upgrade.

But for people who have been waiting for a 32GB before purchasing, like me, this is perfect.

Also, if you can make more storage...why not?

I don't really understand your problem. Apple making a better product isn't taking money out of your pocket.

14. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

So you are complaining that they are updating too quickly. 32Gb was probable silly expensive when the touch was released. The price of the memory has probably come down lots partly due to the volumes they are selling of the 8 and 16GB Touchs as well as general price decreases. It makes sense to update them to larger capacities as soon as possible to try and drive the prices down further, while also enticing new customers. In the process it may make existing customers update which is also a bonus.

15. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

You don't understand my problem because you are not listening. Apple could have released the Touch with 32GB from day one for the current price. Don't be fooled into thinking that wasn't possible. We all know Apple overcharges for their memory. This pricing scheme thing with the iPhone and Touch was planned from day one! While I agree technology improves, you don't see them increasing memory with their computers like they do with the Touch.

16. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Yes. Apple could have released a 32GB iPod Touch in September of 2007 for $299.99.

17. takeabyteoutta macrumors 6502

lmao

Sure, they could of introduced the 32GB last fall and sold it for a LOST. The price of flash just recently started falling. Apple is a business, and a business needs to make profits. Simple as that. Just be glad Apple is nice enough to sell the Apple TV for a loss now.

Honestly stop whining and delete your own posts.

18. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Umm, do you think Apple is a non-profit organization or something? This is a BUSINESS. Businesses try to make the most profit they can. If you were the CEO of Apple, and your job was to make the most profit you can, what would you choose; An 8 and 16 GB Touch, with a $50 profit (I'm making up these numbers, no idea how much profit they really make), or a 32GB Touch with $10 profit. You would of course choose the most profitable action because it is your job to do so. Back in September, it was cheaper to produce 8 or 16GB Touches rather than it is to produce 32GB.

19. James L macrumors 6502a

Good god, what a whine fest (referring to this thread's original post and others made today). If a company releases updates too soon they suck, and if they take too long to release them they suck.

It's time for the whiners to put on their big girl panties and realize it is a technology product. That product will be updated every so often. A new version does not invalidate the previous one. My 16GB Touch still functions exactly the same as it did a week ago, when there was no 32GB version.

Now, let's get back to that $2 thing Steve was doing to that poor customer of his.

:D

20. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

They could have done it earlier but it would have been prohibitively expensive. It's not like the other models are obselete. Apple is now offering a 32 gb version because they can do it at a reasonable cost...stop whining.

21. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

How dare Apple release an octo core 3 ghz penryn CPU tower! All they're doing is making the 604e CPU in my powermac 8500 more worthless by comparison! That's just a big spit in the face to loyal Apple users like me!

22. Jestered macrumors 6502

The bottom line is that Apple is a business. Apple is a business that wants to make money. They have a pretty damn good marketing plan and road map for products. Part of their road map (and success) is knowing that people that bought product "x" 6 months ago will buy the updated product "x" now. Even though it really adds no more functionality Apple knows that they have "fans" that are going to upgrade just because they feel that they have to have the latest Apple product. Even though that is not the only (or main) reason they do what they do, that is just how it works.

If Apple did not innovate and produce the best products out, they would not be able to do what they do. They do it because they can. Apple is not your mother, father or girlfriend and they don't owe you anything. You don't have to buy anything Apple makes if you don't want to.

All these people that whine about every little thing Apple does obviously has no business sense. All the people that whined about buying the iPhone when it came out and the price dropped happened.... pissed me off. I also bought the phone at the original price point and had no problem with what they did.

I am an investor in Apple. Whatever Apple does to make more money, makes me more money. Apple did not owe anyone a $100 store credit for what they did with the phone and it made me mad that my investment was going to take a hit because of it. The way I saw it, Apple dropped the price of the phone to where a lot more people would be able to buy it going into the xmas season. The more people that bought that phone meant the more money Apple would make and in return the more money I would make.

It is all about money people! Because Apple makes the profit that they do, they are able to bring us a lot of exciting products. If Apple were doing business the way the OP apparently would have it, we would be getting crap from Apple, if they were still in business at all! If Apple did business your way, there would be no Apple.

No one made you buy the iPod touch and no one is making you upgrade it. If 16GB was not enough for you before, then WHY THE HELL DID YOU BUY IT?!?!?!?!?!?

23. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Hahaha. Honestly, this is all just getting out of hand. Of course Apple want so make money. Like so many have said, Apple is a business, and their goal is to make money. And they're making it.

24. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

I honeslty don't care about them introducing products with greater storage capacity. If the storage capacity was not enough for you to begin with you shouldn't have bought the product.

If it was enough... what are you whining about? Personally, I always buy the smallest model because I never use up the space to begin with. I just delete stuff I don't regularly listen to and restore it if I feel like listening to it again further down the track. Even if they had the option of self-upgrade, I wouldn't use it for a simple product like the iPod is meant to be.

25. MezicanGangxtah macrumors regular

You can tell right away you have never been in a position that requires you to make smart sales.If you were in charge at apple youd make that company go bankrupt.Anyways...

You sir are acting like a priss, the way you are thinking makes no sense.Its like saying if Toyota releases a brand new camry and is backstabbing its customers when next years model comes with more bells and whistles.Its Ridiculous!

First off, sure maybe apple could have released a 32 GB touch from day one but imagine how big of a hole that burn up in your wallet to purchase one, I mean if you want to buy one now it cost 500$!
    around september I would imagine that would be easily around 600$+.Not too mention apple would sell significanlt less itouches because less people would have that sort of money to even look at one .
    Second apple does not put its memory into the itouch its samsung flash storage that is utilized. I would suggest you get your facts right before posting a whinefest of a post. Go whine to your mommy instead since I assume you still live with her in the basement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.